Thoroughbred Racing 2017

sk8pics

Dortmund was kind and happy to pose, accept pats on the shoulder, and a couple of carrots. It was strange at first, though. The secretary/admin seemed pissed off that I did not have a mare to breed to Dortmund. The guy I’d been emailing with —an owner, I think— was busy, which was fine, but he was polite and told me he had to go take care of something. Then before he came back a young guy came in and introduced himself as the stallion manager, and he took me over to the barn. He was quite nice and friendly, and took Dortmund out of his stall so I could get pictures, though none with me next to Dortmund since there was no one else around. But I was able to pat him on the shoulder. At first the guy didn’t want me to feed a carrot because Dortmund does sometimes bite, but then he let me. Dortmund was actually quite polite. The other two stallions also took carrots happily and politely. Then Dortmund was giving me “the look,” like how come you are not feeding me the last carrot? So I did. :lol: Dortmund is VERY tall, though the guy said he was about 16 3”, he seemed bigger to me. He also knows Old Friends and said they have sent horses there.

When I was driving out, Alliance, who was out in his paddock, was very excited and running back and forth, and then he raced me as I drove out. :lol:

They’re having an Open House January 13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information