They Laughed, They Cried: Memorable Moments in the Kiss and Cry 2023-24

Vagabond

We're back! :)

Let's post links to moments when skaters, their coaches, and even their moms drop their game face and :lol: :cheer2: :eek: :argue: :wuzrobbed or :fragile: in the Kiss and Cry.

We are looking at the entire Kiss and Cry sequence, not just the reaction to the scores.

There will most likely be a poll (with or without rounds, as to be determined) at the end of the season.

To recommend something, post a link to YouTube or a similar platform in this thread. Alternatively, you can recommend something with the hashtag #reaction in another thread and it might make its way into this thread.

To be considered for the poll, the videos must be from the Kiss and Cry. No on-ice histrionics, no Synchro, no Russian or Belarusian domestic events, and no hallucinations brought on by an excess of Kahlua.

With the kind input from @Dobre @leilaofpaper and @Karen-W , we begin with Olivia Ilin & Dylan Cain, 2023 Junior Grand Prix Istanbul FD

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Sherry Zhang's reaction today was so precious and wonderful and I fully agree with Ted & Mark who called it the best KnC of the entire JGP!

Starts at the 5:55 mark

Vagabond

Vagabond

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
S-D/D's primary coach is Josee Picard (ETA: thanks for correcting ^^^).

Last edited:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Links, please? 😘

Fear&Gibson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxlVlWvoC2Y at 7.32
We go with our most reliable:

Kaori Sakamoto and Sonoko Nakano, 2023 Skate Canada
As Mark Hanretty notes, Nakano is trying to get Sakamoto to maintain "some modicum of professionalism." :lol:

Kaori Sakamoto, 2023 Skate Canada FS
I have to wonder whether Sakamoto hams it up even when she's not in an arena. :unsure:

Deanna Stellato-Dudek, Maxime Deschamps, and Josee Picard, 2023 Skate Canada SP
Two (or three) not reacting as one. :giggle:
It's Deanna and Max in the LP that they have such a great reaction, not the SP
This vid the one available in Canada:
At 1:29:30 https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8p6fcq

Karen-W

Once I'm back home and on my wifi, I'll make video clips and upload them to my Rumble account so we don't have to fight the VPN/copyright issues on YT. :)

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
It's the Grand Prix season, and the content-level has already gotten much higher. :fan:

Loena and Jorick Hendrickx, Skate America Women's Free Skate
Amber Glenn, Skate America Women's Free Skate
Kévin Aymoz, Skate America Men's Free Skate
Annika Hocke, Robert Kunkel, and Ondrej Hotarek, Skate America Pairs Free Skate

I think we will see better stuff from Glenn and Aymoz as the season progresses.

:watch:

although, what country are you in because the videos you posted aren’t available in the USA it looks like.

alj5

I don't think it's a weaker season, just LOTS of mistakes by the top teams. The Canadian teams in particular had rough skates.

Karen-W

I need to add in a nomination for Flores/Wang's reaction after their SP at JWC.

Vagabond

I don't think it's a weaker season, just LOTS of mistakes by the top teams. The Canadian teams in particular had rough skates.
"Weaker" in the sense of :drama::fragile: :wuzrobbed :argue: :angryfire in the Kiss and Cry, not in terms of quality of skating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information