The Shibs Start a GoFundMe in Support of USPPE

VGThuy

This is to help finance personal protective equipment for our medical providers as they respond to the issue. There is a shortage right now. Maia and Alex will cover all the transaction costs from now till they reach their goal of $10,000.00, and have already donated $1,000.00 each. Therefore, if you donate now, 100% of your contribution will go directly to the charity.

Last edited:

VGThuy

They raised up to $21,575!

Not to go off-topic, but Alex did an IG live recent where Maia joined in. They’re socially-distancing separately. At first they were teasing each other over the fact that Maia cropped him out of some photos on her IG, and Alex wanting to grow facial hair. Then later they were talking about this fundraiser and Alex went to talk about how it’s clear from the comments of those joining the IG live that people missed seeing Maia since her surgery, and Maia got really emotional and started crying, then moved the camera so it wouldn’t show her face. From her voice, it seems recovery is really hard on her. :(

VGThuy

Alex is doing an Instagram live right now being joined by anyone who has donated who are saying why they donated.

Spun Silver

It's great to see them take on such a meaningful, timely challenge and exceed their goals four times (so far)! 💃🏻🕺🏻 $21K should buy a lot or masks and gloves!

Maya mentioned on her Instagram that she had five incisions during her surgery last Christmas, which has made her recovery especially hard. I don't really understand but I hope she's happy and healthy again soon.

SCeline

Oh my, this is HILARIOUS and so well done.

MasterClass Quarantine Edition

Their aim is to continue getting support for their GetPPE fundraising campaign. Contributors above a certain level can have a Zoom call with Maia and Alex. Looks like they blew past the original $10,000 goal and appear to be about to pass $30,000.

GloriaW

Such a cool shout out :biggrinbo

The Shibs friend, NBA basketball player Jeremy Lin @Jlin7 in his instagram stories highlighting Maia and Alex's work with their #GetUsPPE fund raising effort which is still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information