The 2018 March Madness Thread!

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I'm going to the Albany division Sweet Sixteen games tomorrow- Buffalo vs. South Carolina and Duke vs. UConn. As soon as the men finish skating, I'm hopping in my car and making the drive up.

I've only been to one basketball game in my life and had a great time, so I'm really looking forward to this. I've been a big UConn fan for the past five years or so. It's the best fandom ever, since they always win. I don't even think I'm jinxing them by writing that, and even if they should lose (waaa), at least they'd be losing to high academic Duke.

But I'll be rooting for NYS underdog Buffalo and then for mighty UConn. My friend bookseller is going to text me the results of the ice dance final, which I'll watch after I get home tomorrow evening.

So it sounds like a pretty perfect day to me. I don't even think they're predicting snow.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
The Women's Final Four is in town!! I'm rooting for the underdogs. Notre Dame. And Louisville, even though they beat Buckeyes here earlier this season (it was a good game +5 pt. win in OT) :cheer2:

ilovepaydays

Well, this game certainly off to a rough start. YIKES!!!

EDIT: Never mind. Dang, did Sister Jean being a rosary with her to this game? This could be a nail biter! šŸ˜¬

Last edited:

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Not happy:yikes:

oh, I'm sorry.:(

But (and I hope I don't jinx it, and I also have to admit I'm not a huge fan of college hoops) gotta say I hope #NovaNation keeps it up. This could be an epic year for Philadelphia sports:biggrinbo

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I thought I was completely out on my bet with DH. I have Mich/Nova as my final two. He had Duke and another team thatā€™s out. I WIN!!!

Lacey

We live about a block from Villanova University. They won in '85 and '16 and are in the Final again tonight--all very exciting, though none of us went there. There have been so many helicopters over my house during the afternoon hours of the tournament this year that I feared they would crash on top of our house--guess they are looking for a news story, here's where the fans live, who cares, but don't show them where to go to get to us. Ironically, the campus has been closed for spring break and almost all students are away--so no big story there. Tonight, we have had major rumblings, I thought there were fire engines trying to circumnavigate the campus, it took me a while to figure out that this booming noise was about 10 or 12 motorcycles, wow, literally drowning out the tv sound in my house. Local police are thrilled that 2 of 4 bars closest to campus went out of business last year--so less chance for obnoxious behaviors. The police are planning to close the nearby highway entrances/egresses and the major local road, the latter to prevent drunk walkers from falling down in the roads, getting hit by cars and then suing drivers for walkers' bodily harm caused by the walkers themselves, not the drivers.

The game is just about one half old, we have a ways to go. The cycles may run out of gas.

3:21 left. Villanova will win, they are ahead 74-54, There are 5 helicopters over my house, two almost crashed into each other. It's Philly's year, but let's go Phillies!

Last edited:

Sarah

So happy for Villanova! I grew up less than a mile from the school and could hear everything happening there in my backyard :cheer2::scream::wall: and I'll forever be a 'Nova fan. They truly are my hometown team. We moved right after my high school graduation (though even now they are still a local team, just not as local).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information