Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Morozov looks morose in their recent pictures. I hope he can cheer up. He looks much better when he is smiling. I wish they could take a mini break, like for a weekend. It would have been easier in Florida because of the beaches. May be they could go to Tallinn early and relax on the beach Before the European championships.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I’ve thought Vladimir has looked particularly crushed in the photos I’ve seen.

It’s not really feasible to take vacation time right before an event, but maybe some time with family over New Years will help.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I’ve thought Vladimir has looked particularly crushed in the photos I’ve seen.

It’s not really feasible to take vacation time right before an event, but maybe some time with family over New Years will help.
New Year's day is Big in Russia. I expect many skaters will try to take at least a day off.

Last edited:

soogar

I think that’s my fear too. They have the silver from the team event in 2018, but it’s not the same.
Medals are medals. It may not be the same to you, but to all these athletes, an Olympic medal is precious. People talk so cavalierly of medals that it's clear they haven't put in any time to train. Many great skaters have no medals. It's a shame about this couple because they are a cut above the rest. However I think the other couples have more energy and are hungrier. They are fortunate that they have a top notch team behind them at Sambo. They were given beautiful programs this year yet I feel they were overshadowed by the other pairs.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Medals are medals. It may not be the same to you, but to all these athletes, an Olympic medal is precious. People talk so cavalierly of medals that it's clear they haven't put in any time to train. Many great skaters have no medals. It's a shame about this couple because they are a cut above the rest. However I think the other couples have more energy and are hungrier. They are fortunate that they have a top notch team behind them at Sambo. They were given beautiful programs this year yet I feel they were overshadowed by the other pairs.
I disagree. They were not overshadowed by other pairs. With the exception of the most recent nationals, they placed first or second in every competition they entered. They have the best programs and packaging of all the pairs this year. The problem is with the lack of execution. Hopefully they can figure it out. The Russian nationals were disappointing. It doesn't mean they didn't Want to do well.

By the same token, the SA was disappointing to B/K and worlds 2021 was disappointing to S/H. SA was disappointing to K/F. Every skater goes through the ups and downs during a season.

Regardless of where they place at the Europeans and the Olympics they will always remain in my my mind one of the best pairs.

If they are overshadowed by other pairs, it seems you only believe what their haters on fsu say. They still have the judges' respect, and that of knowledgeable fans.

soogar

If they are overshadowed by other pairs, it seems you only believe what their haters on fsu say. They still have the judges' respect, and that of knowledgeable fans.
I don't hate them at all, but the looks on their faces at Nationals in comparison to the younger pairs are quite telling. They have a look of resignation on their faces. Compared the energy of the top 2 pairs, and Pavilchenko /Khodykin, they just seem lost out there. Really they are similar to Kolyada. They have all talent and beauty in spades, but mentally they seem broken. Physically there might be something going on with Morozov, this is not the first time that a lift didn't work out in competition. I'm not a pairs expert, but Tarasova seems to hold her her body very firm in the air. Compared to Pavilchenko where her body seems to be limp like a sack of potatoes yet the Khodykin can still hold her up and do all that gymnastics with her.

Just to add, I'm not sure how much warm and fuzzies they are going to receive from that coaching team. It seemed to clear to me that Eteri has invested quite a bit of energy in this pair. They all seem frustrated in kiss and cry. The positive thing is that Eteri doesn't have a stable of pairs teams to put pressure on this team so they may need to work with them on their mental game.

angi

I don't hate them at all, but the looks on their faces at Nationals in comparison to the younger pairs are quite telling. They have a look of resignation on their faces. Compared the energy of the top 2 pairs, and Pavilchenko /Khodykin, they just seem lost out there. Really they are similar to Kolyada. They have all talent and beauty in spades, but mentally they seem broken. Physically there might be something going on with Morozov, this is not the first time that a lift didn't work out in competition. I'm not a pairs expert, but Tarasova seems to hold her her body very firm in the air. Compared to Pavilchenko where her body seems to be limp like a sack of potatoes yet the Khodykin can still hold her up and do all that gymnastics with her.
I had the exact same thought, T/M in pairs is what Kolyada is in men - potential and ability to be the absolute best in the world but with no ability to deliver when it matters. All three are huge talents but not great competitors (compare to their potential).

Just to add, I'm not sure how much warm and fuzzies they are going to receive from that coaching team. It seemed to clear to me that Eteri has invested quite a bit of energy in this pair. They all seem frustrated in kiss and cry. The positive thing is that Eteri doesn't have a stable of pairs teams to put pressure on this team so they may need to work with them on their mental game.
I'm getting that sense too. Trankov was also very rude to Morozov after the SP and overall why they seem to be getting support, some of the responses they are getting from their coaching team are also off-putting to me.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

3T3T

Best of luck to Evgenia & Vladimir in the European Championship in Tallinn. I’m looking forward to two strong skates on the road to Beijing.

Two performances of theirs I regularly rewatch are,

Team Short in Pyeongchang. An outstanding demonstration of all their strengths.

Bolero Short Prorogramme in 2020 Russian Nationals
I hope I copied this correctly, they begin at 1hr 27mins and 43 Secs

Separately, I hope all competitors remain fit & healthy in Tallinn. In the light of YKW and what happened in US & Canadian nationals, I’m slightly worried.

Peepsquick

Gorgeous! It looked as if she was about to fly away! Loved it!
I wish they would work a bit on the end though ... something's missing.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Gorgeous! It looked as if she was about to fly away! Loved it!
I wish they would work a bit on the end though ... something's missing.
I love the ending. It completes the story. He is in love with the statue he created. She comes to life for sometime and they skate together. She turns into a statue in the end. He is sad. It couldn't be any better. JMO.

Last edited:

Peepsquick

I love the ending. It completes the story. He is in love with the statue he created. She comes to life for sometime and they skate together. She turns into a statue in the end. He is sad. It couldn't be any better. JMO.
Oh, I love the concept. I just felt something missing in the choreography to make it a memorable moment. It felt a bit flat.

Spun Silver

I just think a little acting on his part would make the ending more powerful. Maybe look at her longingly, tragically for a moment before his final, resigned movement of touching her leg and laying his head against her. A little more contrast between his humanness and her statue-ness. But you are right, the story is simple and perfect. It's a beautiful program.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Possibly their best skate since pre 2018. I think if T/M could skate this slightly more cleaner without the hand downs then it should be enough for an Olympics podium.

clairecloutier

Beautiful skate for them today. Loved the crowd reaction afterward. I think this was actually a perfect result for them at Europeans--they beat Boikova/Kozlovskii decisively and showed that they're quite close to Mishina/Galliamov. And there's still room for improvement. This should give them confidence and a good feeling going into Beijing! Also, hopefully this will be enough to win them a place in the team event.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I keep thinking about Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin in the lead up to the 2008 summer Olympics. Shawn was winning and it looked like she’d be the winner, but then Nastia peaked at just the right time.

Right now, I just have all my fingers and toes crossed that they’ll get to skate the short in the team event.

Fadeevfanboy

Beautiful skate for them today. Loved the crowd reaction afterward. I think this was actually a perfect result for them at Europeans--they beat Boikova/Kozlovskii decisively and showed that they're quite close to Mishina/Galliamov. And there's still room for improvement. This should give them confidence and a good feeling going into Beijing! Also, hopefully this will be enough to win them a place in the team event.

If Russia is choosing to split the team event I think they will go with both M&G and T&M. If they choose only 1 team it would obviously be M&G still. So I guess the question is if you think they are choosing to split or not. I do think T&M will be chosen over B&K if they use 2 teams though.

I would have loved them to win but I agree this is the perfect result. Big improvement from Nationals, they moved back ahead of B&K, and they proved without a doubt the judges are willing to have them beat M&G if they skate perfectly. M&G are setting themselves a tough standard by skating cleanly almost every outing, it doesn't leave much room for improvement. Then again they do seem to be doing a good job finding small improvements most outings anyway, so maybe I am wrong. T&M are setting up perfectly to peak for the Games, and if they do there is a good chance they could pull a big surprise, as I think most nearly everyone are expecting it to be either M&G or S&H winning, but it wouldn't surprise me if T&M finally hit their peak there and take it away from both. I see Sui & Han, M&G, and T&M the main 3 teams in contention for gold at the Games now with B&K and Peng & Jin shooting for a medal, but not in contention for the gold medal.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
If Russia is choosing to split the team event I think they will go with both M&G and T&M. If they choose only 1 team it would obviously be M&G still. So I guess the question is if you think they are choosing to split or not. I do think T&M will be chosen over B&K if they use 2 teams though.

I would have loved them to win but I agree this is the perfect result. Big improvement from Nationals, they moved back ahead of B&K, and they proved without a doubt the judges are willing to have them beat M&G if they skate perfectly. M&G are setting themselves a tough standard by skating cleanly almost every outing, it doesn't leave much room for improvement. Then again they do seem to be doing a good job finding small improvements most outings anyway, so maybe I am wrong. T&M are setting up perfectly to peak for the Games, and if they do there is a good chance they could pull a big surprise, as I think most nearly everyone are expecting it to be either M&G or S&H winning, but it wouldn't surprise me if T&M finally hit their peak there and take it away from both. I see Sui & Han, M&G, and T&M the main 3 teams in contention for gold at the Games now with B&K and Peng & Jin shooting for a medal, but not in contention for the gold medal.
I wouldn't underestimate B/K. They were right up there with M/G at nationals. They have high base marks.

I am afraid the gold and silver at the Olympics are already decided between S/H and M/G. I hope T/M can at least win the bronze.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I wouldn't underestimate B/K. They were right up there with M/G at nationals. They have high base marks.

I am afraid the gold and silver at the Olympics are already decided between S/H and M/G. I hope T/M can at least win the bronze.
This is true B/K doubled teh salchow in SP
and they did 3S only instead of their 3S eu 3S they lost a lot in their BV.

Fadeevfanboy

B/K were absolutely perfect at Nationals though, which they really rarely are (they are a very inconsistent team) and while they were close, they were still solidly behind M/G in the LP especialy. Then after Europeans I believe they lost more ground all around again, and would like to atleast think T/M are back in front of them again, meaning B/K are back to Russia #3 now. I still could see B/K having a fighting chance against any team, but I can't see them beating out the entire field at this point. I am pretty sure at this point their winning would require a perfect competition from them (as I said already rare), and all 3 of M/G, T/M, S/H making mistakes, and that is probably less likely than Sarah Hughes's win to happen since Hughes is atleast much more consistent and likely to go clean herself than B/K. Which is why I said I see them still in contention for a medal but not the gold.

I do believe T/M have a shot at gold, as with their current trajectory I could see them peaking perfectly for the Games and this competition confirms the judges are willing to put them over M/G if they skate perfectly. Sui & Han are a bit of an unknown now but they aren't at their best technically these days, and will need to rely on some crowd energy and inspiration of their long term goal.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Russia has an embarrassment of riches. Any of their three pairs is capable of challenging for the OGM. I wish their fed would support all three, and not just one. On any given night any of these three or S/H can win the gold. S/H will have the home ice advantage.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
With their medals

Medal podium

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information