Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Amy L

Cherub721

YEAH!
Evgenia & Vlad were both recently on Trankov’s “90 second challenge” where he asks skaters as many questions as he can in 90 seconds and then keeps track of who answered the most questions. It’s pretty simple Russian so I thought I would attempt to translate, sorry for any mistakes.

VLADIMIR (he has quite a dry sense of humor, he’s very funny) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyd9CWAz8ic

• How are you? Excellent.
  • Describe yourself in 3 words. Handsome, smart, and charismatic!
  • Who was the first person you saw today at the rink? My partner.
  • What song do you listen to on repeat? (pause) The radio.
  • What song would be the soundtrack to your life? (pause) I don’t know (laugh)
  • What is your favorite holiday? New Year’s.
  • Your last google search? It’s… (laughs and shakes head).
  • Your favorite element? The Fifth.
  • Your favorite coach? It’s not like that.
  • Your favorite costume? The three-piece suit (note: he’s making a joke because the word in Russian for costume and suit is the same)
  • What color are Zhenya’s eyes? Brown.
  • What cartoon character resembles Zhenya? Tasmanian devil.
  • How much time do you spend doing your hair before a competition? Half-hour.
  • What’s the funniest thing you’ve read about yourself on the internet? Commentary.
  • How many colored pants are in your collection? A lot.
  • Where was your best performance? In the club.
  • Do you put your skates on starting left or right? Left.
  • What song do you sing in the shower? I don’t (laughs)
  • One character trait which best describes you. (thinks) There’s no such word.
  • How tall are you? 187cm. (Max disagrees – not sure what’s going on there.)
  • And now, the most important question, but it doesn’t count towards the total: how many questions do you think you answered? Maybe 17.
  • It’s a bit better, it was 20 questions you answered. (laughs) Or rather I didn’t answer!
EVGENIA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBeIghT0fdA

Max: We have already seen Vladimor Morozov, the strength of this partnership, and now for its beauty and soul, Evgenia Tarasova.

• How are you? Excellent.
  • One character trait that best describes you. Bold.
  • What is something you’d like to try, but would never dare? Jumping with a parachute.
  • What was your worst decision in life? Bungee jumping (I think? Literally “Jumping with rubber off a bridge”).
  • What words would open your autobiography? Hi, all!
  • Favorite dish? Hm… blini/pancakes.
  • Your style icon? Simplicity.
  • The last series you watched. The boy with reindeer antlers. (Seems to be this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12809988/)
  • Your dream job, other than figure skating. Uh… a job where you make a lot and don’t do much.
  • What song do you sing in karaoke? Ptitchka/Little bird.
  • Whose poster did you hang on your wall? Noone’s.
  • What do you think about during a skate? The elements.
  • Which figure skater would you like to go on vacation with? Liza Tuk.
  • How would you describe your personal style? Sporty.
  • Have you ever borrowed clothes from Vova? Yes (laughs)
  • What time did you wake up today? 8 o’clock.
  • Rhinestones on a dress – many or few? Many.
  • Funniest thing you read about yourself on the internet? That… I… I don’t know. (Max: maybe that you slept with me?) (I’m not 100% sure, he was mumbling)
  • What cartoon character resembles Vova? (She was laughing so I didn’t catch it but it’s some kind of redheaded character, you can see it at 2:26 in the video)
  • And most importantly, how many questions do you think you answered? Maybe 19 or 20.
  • Close... it was 18, close to your friend (Liza?) although it seemed you were answering fast (a scroll goes by at the bottom… yes we know how to count… referring to his mistake, since it was 19).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
When T/M drew 12, I had a feeling that they were not thrilled. I forgot that there are just 12 pairs, so they will skate last. Hard to say how it may impact them.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am back to zero expectations. :(

The less said the better. Better luck in the LP. Just make the Olympic team.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Is this becoming a self fulfilling prophecy? I expect them to make mistakes and they do it. Haters want them to skate poorly and they do (ok, on just one element but that was major).

Are the negative energy people are sending them affecting them negatively? I have tried to send them positive energy, but it can't compensate for the negative, it seems.

May be it is just their destiny to never get to the top.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
What happened? Did they "crash"?
Error on the lift cost them points. They didn't abort the lift but they had to come down early to avoid a bigger error.

I am superstitious. They need to go back to the costumes they have used the whole season. When I saw the blue dress, I felt it was a bad omen. Sadly it was. I really hope they don't change their LP costumes, but niw I am afraid they will.

Peepsquick

Is this becoming a self fulfilling prophecy? I expect them to make mistakes and they do it. Haters want them to skate poorly and they do (ok, on just one element but that was major).

Are the negative energy people are sending them affecting them negatively? I have tried to send them positive energy, but it can't compensate for the negative, it seems.

May be it is just their destiny to never get to the top.
It has to be a mental block ... they are at the top of the field technically speaking and have improved on style tremendously. There is no other reason why this keeps happening over and over again ...
Do you know where I can watch their performance? I didn't have time to follow Rus Nat today ...

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It has to be a mental block ... they are at the top of the field technically speaking and have improved on style tremendously. There is no other reason why this keeps happening over and over again ...
Do you know where I can watch their performance? I didn't have time to follow Rus Nat today ...
I don't know if it is still available on the two links posted in the Russian pairs thread. You can try. Since it is on yt, it may still be there.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I think they have a mental block on competing against M/G. The absolute chaos of this quad with coaching is also not good.

I’d rather a lift come down early than have what happened to Liu/O’Shea in Warsaw—they’re both still off the ice recovering.
You are absolutely right, about everything.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The fact of the matter is there was a very slight misplacement in hand position, as in centimeters too far outside her core. It happens. It doesn't mean there's a mental block.

They got through the jump elements. Be happy and optimistic for Christmas day.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The whole SP comp is still available on yt.

It was a really great competition. So many great performances!

Amy L

The fact of the matter is there was a very slight misplacement in hand position, as in centimeters too far outside her core. It happens. It doesn't mean there's a mental block.

That looked like such a distracted/blockheaded move. That's very them though, sigh

I don't know if it is still available on the two links posted in the Russian pairs thread. You can try. Since it is on yt, it may still be there.

Channel One usually does separate videos for the top skaters within a day or so, but I found their start on the live broadcast:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
That looked like such a distracted/blockheaded move. That's very them though, sigh

Channel One usually does separate videos for the top skaters within a day or so, but I found their start on the live broadcast:

Yt has the full competition. It should be there for a while.

About the wrong placement of his hand- we often forget how precise skaters have to be. They depend on muscle memory but sometimes that memory is not perfect. Often they are able to make corrections/adjustments while skating. This time the correction cost them points but it avoided a bigger mistake.

It still frustrates me that they cannot skate clean.

Last edited:

Cherub721

YEAH!
It's just such a shame, it was a really well skated event and them going clean would have been the cherry on top. I believe they would have placed first despite how good M&G were. I got such good positive vibes from most others, going to Nationals and skating their best.

Plus my favorite young pair Mukhortova/Evgenenyev whom I consider baby T&M also made a big mistake and finished last. :(

Fadeevfanboy

They skated so great except for that mistake. Too bad. They still should make the team. I also wouldn't be surprised if they move up to 2nd as I fully expect B&K to have some errors in the long.

Amy L

Plus my favorite young pair Mukhortova/Evgenenyev whom I consider baby T&M also made a big mistake and finished last. :(

M/E are the cutest, I hope they can show what they're capable of in the LP. But damn I am wary of getting into another Mozer pair.

They skated so great except for that mistake. Too bad. They still should make the team. I also wouldn't be surprised if they move up to 2nd as I fully expect B&K to have some errors in the long.

I think T/M will have it a little easier staying in the top 3 since P/K kind of got dumped into 5th in the SP. I wonder if this is M/G's year to finally win or if they're destined to be Yags and win everything internationally but can't manage Nationals.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
B/K have a 4 point advantage. It will be tough to overcome that but let us wait and see. We need some optimism here, and yours is appreciated because I am a born pessimist. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information