Tara and Johnny's first commentating job?

SingleSal

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall first hearing Tara and Johnny do their first commentary job at the Sochi Olympics men's program? It was the first time I realized they were doing commentary

(Also is there anyone who has this event either on DVD or MP4? I am very interest in finding this)

Last edited:

carriecmu0503

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall first hearing Tara and Johnny do their first commentary job at the Sochi Olympics men's program? It was the first time I realized they were doing commentary

They have been doing commentary together since the 2010 World Championships.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Yeah 2010 Worlds. And I’ve told this story many times but why not again... if you were watching the online stream, you could hear all the behind the scenes talk once the broadcast went to break or cut off. When they were told that they were going to stay on for ice dance, Johnny replied ‘But I don’t know shit about ice dance!!’

ETA- they also told him to be very pro-American in his commentary at one point (this was heard on the feed as well) and then during one of the skaters he went on this tangent and said ‘I know I was told to be pro-American but...’

Angela-Fan

Yeah 2010 Worlds. And I’ve told this story many times but why not again... if you were watching the online stream, you could hear all the behind the scenes talk once the broadcast went to break or cut off. When they were told that they were going to stay on for ice dance, Johnny replied ‘But I don’t know shit about ice dance!!’

ETA- they also told him to be very pro-American in his commentary at one point (this was heard on the feed as well) and then during one of the skaters he went on this tangent and said ‘I know I was told to be pro-American but...’
"But I don't know shit about ice dance" 😂 love it

Foolhardy Ham Lint

There is a classic clip of Robin Cousins and Barry Davies doing commentary at the Nagano Games for the BBC in dance which is interesting, to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information