Stolbova and Klimov Thread

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Google translate of what she has written:

Probably it's time ... Time to say, to say, but do not stir up what happened, it's already chewed and thrown out.
I want to thank everyone who was and remains with me. It does not matter who they are or what they do, my relatives, friends, colleagues, just good friends ... Thank you so much for being always around. You are my strength, my inspiration, my support. I had to go through many things. My struggle for the right to be in big sports did not stop and still does not stop for a minute. And only your support and love give me strength to continue to live, work and fight for figure skating. I will go to the end!
With love, your Xenia Stolbova

arakwafan2006

I wonder if they had a feeling all season? They’ve been less than stellar this season which if they ever stood up to their capabilities, even with a weaker twist, they’re elements are best in class

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I wonder if they had a feeling all season? They’ve been less than stellar this season which if they ever stood up to their capabilities, even with a weaker twist, they’re elements are best in class

I don't see how they could have known this would happen. They did mot dope. There was a talk of banning the entire country from the Olympics in 2018, but to single her out (and Bukin) without giving a reason by the IOC is not something anyone would have expected.

They had a weaker twist because of Fedor's shoulder injury.

Mad for Skating

It's so weird watching this Olympics without Ksenia and Fedor. I miss them so much. It would be so much easier if there was at least a positive sample or SOMETHING to prove this is real. It all just feels like a horrible nightmare and I want to wake up.

As far as I know, Ksenia has tested clean at every event (otherwise they would've strip her medals). The only one in question is the Olympics themselves, where samples were going missing left and right. But the IOC was fine with letting Bobrova through even though she's had a doping suspension back in 2016 (medical reasons) so I don't know why they're pointing fingers at Ksenia.

If you ask me, they're trying to send a message to Russia and Ksenia and Bukin are the pawns in this game. They need to make this look credible, so they're banning the Olympic silver medalist and the son of famous ice dancers. But neither was Russia's strongest athlete, so it supposedly won't affect the Olympics. Meh.

Last night during the opening ceremony I could barely refrain from throwing things at the TV when Thomas Bach started throwing shade about "clean sport".

Lovemyvike

Well, they better be in Milan. I bought tickets for Pairs only cause of them. :saint:

Well currently, Fedor is snowboarding in Sochi and it looks as though Ksenia is in the States. But I'm sure they'll be in Milan, they're probably taking a little break after all the bs that happened. I'm sure it's especially difficult to be on the ice while the Olympics are going on. Plus, most of the coaches are in Pyeongchang. I would be devastated if I had gotten tickets for the Olympics, because it would've been to see them.

Amantide

Well currently, Fedor is snowboarding in Sochi and it looks as though Ksenia is in the States. But I'm sure they'll be in Milan, they're probably taking a little break after all the bs that happened. I'm sure it's especially difficult to be on the ice while the Olympics are going on. Plus, most of the coaches are in Pyeongchang. I would be devastated if I had gotten tickets for the Olympics, because it would've been to see them.

Humm...I really hope they will. I'm glad they are taking a break though. I want them fully charged. :respec:

Mad for Skating

Also does anyone else think Fedor Klimov is arguably the most handsome male pairs skater ever?

Well Eric Radford is absolutely divine too, but I would definitely say God was having a darn good day when he made Fedor LOL. Just the right mix of boyish charm and intensity - and his eyes are so gorgeous! I have tried very hard not to fall in love with him, but it's impossible; not to mention, I rank patience and steadiness as two of the sexiest qualities in a man, so...

I really really hope we don't have to see them retire yet, but their happiness comes first. They're young enough (heck, Aliona is 34!) but they've been injured so much and I just don't think they'll stick around unless they've really got a chance to win something huge. No matter what, I will support them with whatever decision they make. (And if they do decide to quit, I'm going to binge-watch their performances while crying over a pizza lol)

Sylvia

TBD
@Ka3sha posted the link to Ksenia's :( Instagram post yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfnd1JtHvKu/
With my big regret I have to announce that the season is over and I will not be able to participate at the World Championship. in Milan. But boundaries and obstacles are just temporary. I still have so much more to give and I never had a lack of motivation. I will be back on my feet soon and ready to reach new goals in my skating career.
Looking forward for it !!!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This was clearly the season from hell for them. I hope they come back strong next season, physically and emotionally.

Mad for Skating

This was clearly the season from hell for them. I hope they come back strong next season, physically and emotionally.

I'm upset of course, but mostly I'm just happy she doesn't sound like she's retiring!!! Slay it honey, we'll be with you in 2022 when you bring down the house like Aliona.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Poor Ksenia! She and Fedor is just so desperately unlucky all the time and I fear they may just give up skating unless things start to go their way soon.

Don't lose hope!!! I was so certain they would retire at the end of this year but they didn't. I have learned to consider every performance as a blessing, not something we will have forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information