State of Canadian skating for the next quad

honey

And less than a point out of tenth. Ouch. She'll get there. It's not like the 90s, where our women were scraping the bottom.
Yeah, less than a point between 9th-12th and she happened to be the one who ended up on the wrong side of that. I’m sure she’s very frustrated with the woulda coulda shoulda’s of that free skate. Even a level 3 call on the step sequence (which she gets pretty consistently) vs the level 2 that she got would have done it.

For a Madeline I think she has all the necessary pieces to be a real force. I would like her to work on her posture and line though. That would go a big way in giving her a more polished look. I obviously think her coaches have done an amazing job with her, but to take it to the next level im not sure what has has to happen. I don’t necessarily think a big name choreographer is the answer. To be honest, I didn’t love the lp Vipond gave her. He’s not a huge name, but he is more so than Asher Hill who did her short. I preferred Asher’s work on her this season, but branching out to a David Wilson might be good for her. He is very adept at working within a skaters limitations and finding something that looks right/good in their movement.

For polishing though, that really takes someone in your training team who is there day in and day out to really focus on that.

Hope she gets a good break and comes back fighting next season :)

barbarafan

Looking forward to seeing more of Deanna Stellato and Maxime Deschamps next season! I'm probably getting waaaaaaaay ahead of myself here, but I see no reason why they couldn't claim the Canadian title next season -- and that's even WITH James & Radford, should they opt to stay in!

Your thoughts...
Also Nic Nadeau & I am sorry do not remember his partner. He has always had a lot of charisma and skating skills as well as great jumps. Before he was injured he had at least one quad & his triple axel was said to be one of the best. From the few things I saw of his partner she has some skills. Looking forward for next season to see where they are at.

honey

Also Nic Nadeau & I am sorry do not remember his partner. He has always had a lot of charisma and skating skills as well as great jumps. Before he was injured he had at least one quad & his triple axel was said to be one of the best. From the few things I saw of his partner she has some skills. Looking forward for next season to see where they are at.
His partner is Emma Proft, who previously competed nationally as a junior. I think she used to compete through the triple loop, with varying degrees of consistency. She has pair girl written all over her though. Excellent basics, personality and musicality. I’m cautiously looking forward to this partnership. You never know how two people new to pairs will do, but they seem like a good match on paper.

ETA: Bruno Massot seems to be spending a few days at their training centre. Nic had posted a couple of clips of Bruno with he and Emma.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
In pairs McIntosh/Mimar have had some really promising moments. Curious to see where Miclette, Pereira, and Ruiter go next season. And Conrad Orzel with his new coaching situation could do something, but I expect a lot of attention on Chiu and Gogolev, especially if Jr Worlds goes well. GP assignments should be interesting, especially if they same number of total spots are utilized and if RUS is left out.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I don’t necessarily think a big name choreographer is the answer. To be honest, I didn’t love the lp Vipond gave her. He’s not a huge name, but he is more so than Asher Hill who did her short. I preferred Asher’s work on her this season, but branching out to a David Wilson might be good for her. He is very adept at working within a skaters limitations and finding something that looks right/good in their movement.

I don't think David Wilson's choreography has worked for every skater who's used him. I agree that it doesn't have to be a big name choreographer - what's more important, as you say, is that the choreographer understands the skater and what they're good at. It's also really important for them to have similar working styles and to be comfortable with each other. Honestly I have seen some skaters shell out $$$ for a program, or had their federation shell out $$$, and it isn't a pleasant experience if the skater and the choreographer don't like each other.

barbarafan

not sure what I am seeing but last night in insta stories they were showing Bruno Massot at Ecole Rosemere - they showed him with a few pairs including Nic & his partner with last name Proft. Did he go there or is this some sort of zoom thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information