Soucisse & Firus Cheer Thread!

dramagrrl

Haha, I was going to start a cheer thread for them yesterday, but it completely slipped my mind!

They totally won me over when I saw them live at Canadians a few weeks ago. I even forgive them for skating to Bieber ( :scream: ) in their new exhibition program!

lauravvv

I just love them. World Champs in a few seasons?
They are definitely a team with a lot of potential, but I don't see them ever beating Papadakis/Cizeron, even if P/C continue in the same style. And P/C clearly won't retire in a few seasons - at least not until after the 2022 Olympics. I'd say Hubbell/Donohue could come closer to beating P/C than Soucisse/Firus if they (H/D) continue.

barbarafan

Can they overtake Gilles & Poirier as early as next season, or is that too soon. What do you guys think?
CDn domestic judges constantly overmark G/P...especially in skating skills,and I am not sure if they are undermarking S/F or marking them fairly. I think S/F will need to prove themselves internationally and then when they compete within Canada they will have a chance at fair marking.

RoseRed

I think it'll be okay. G/P have a SB of 172.29 from CoR, and I think they skated better at Nationals then they had earlier in the season. Well there was the twizzle issue in the FS, but the SD was really strong and the FD was probably comparable to other performances this season. S/F had a SB of 154.60 from Finlandia at the time, and then got 164.96 at 4CC. And I think they skated even better at 4CC then they did at Nationals.
So given that, the ~11 point difference in their Nationals scores isn't surprising, especially since G/P were obviously going to the Olympics, which tends to give you a bit of a scoring bump in a pre-Olympic Nationals. It's not that far out of line with international scoring right now.

Also keep in mind, S/F were ~30 points behind G/P at Nats last season, but only ~11 this year, so I think SC is definitely willing to reward them for their improvements.

Sylvia

TBD
Congratulations to Carolane and Shane on getting the opportunity to compete in their first World Championships! :) They officially are listed to compete for Canada in Milan on the entries list published on the ISU site today.

Can we think of a fun/fitting subtitle to request to be edited in to this thread title?

RoseRed

Congratulations to Carolane and Shane on getting the opportunity to compete in their first World Championships! :) They officially are listed to compete for Canada in Milan on the entries list published on the ISU site today.

Can we think of a fun/fitting subtitle to request to be edited in to this thread title?
Dancing Cheek to Cheek ?

quartz

scratching at the light
This is such a charming young team - and what a fabulous opportunity for them to skate at Worlds. I look forward to seeing them develop and grow over the next few years.
And I adore her sassy bobbed hair because I tried it once a few years ago and looked like a frumpy soccer mom, and on her it looks perfect!

Ohyes

I hope their one of the top Canadian teams after w/p retire alongside Marjorie and zach. I prefer both of these up and coming teams VASTLY to G/P who's skating I like but not as nearly as much as S/F and l/l.

Rafter

They skated great and one of the fastest teams I thought. Great ice coverage. But one of the few teams not to get a Season’s Best. :(

dramagrrl

Awesome start for their first Worlds! :cheer:

All the people who scoff at the idea that they might overtake G/P this next quad need to watch their backs.

Rafter

Just watched their SD on CBC's coverage. Carol Lane was very complimentary.

Their skate looked even better on a huge TV than on my computer screen. Great flow across the ice. The twizzles were amazing and they were so close together for the first half of the Straightline. They are both great individual skaters and very musical. Her skating style, body type and overall look reminds me a lot of MF Dubreuil. :)

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I wanted top 10 for them, but we're not quite there yet. But my hopes are high for the coming years! They put out two strong skates and I think they made an impression. :respec: And I think they're with the right coaches to bring out all their promise!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
First competition of the season for S/F today! I have no idea what time because I'm hopeless at time zones. :D But I'm cheering anyway! :cheer2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information