Someday could a skater ever be considered best ever without an Olympic Gold

Icetigger

Well, on that note, who cares what any of us think.

No-one else is holding up anyone else's opinion as some sort of statement brought down the mountain on a stone tablet by Moses- not even their own. Besides which, isn't asking a Canadian (and one known for showing bias) for their opinion of the importance of the GPF just after V/M lost, and did not look the favourites for the Olympics, likely to have an element of bias... I mean: who else can we ask- Scott Moir's mommy.

Last edited:

Meoima

How about waiting for the next time when someone lands a quint and we hail them as the GOAT? :inavoid:

savchenkoboss

Banned Member
How about waiting for the next time when someone lands a quint and we hail them as the GOAT? :inavoid:

What if it a 12 year old girl who is tiny, no breasts or hips, and simply can spin super quickly in the air, and has no other discernable skills, and is injured and dissapears before she is 17?

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
The ironic thing is that argument applies much more to her beloved World Pros which in a few years all but the oldies will forget ever existed. The Challenge of Champions and maybe even cheese events like the U.S Open and Ryder Championships are more remembered as Pro Events than the Landover event these days. :rollin:
I think you meant Riders Championships, not Ryder Championships. Anyway, for your pleasure just in case you might forget about the Pro Events that is if you're not one of the oldies whether it's Sandra Bezic or not … The 1995 Riders Ladies Championships:

Oksana Baiul - 2nd Program

Caryn Kadavy - 2nd Program

Denise Biellmann - 2nd Program

Yuka Sato - 2nd Program

Rory Burghart - Final

Liz Manley - Final

Rosalynn Sumners - Final

Katarina Witt - Final

Hope you enjoy! :D

berthesghost

I always respect others opinions, even those which differ from mine, and treat all people with respect, consideration, and kindness at all times.
Like anyone cares what that dried up prune thinks. :cheer2: She is so irrelevant now the only ones who want to talk to her anymore are Dave Lease and his boyfriend and they would take a hobo who was a skating fan if they would be willing to do an interview. :rofl:
:lol: thank you for that. I needed a good laugh

sap5

Like anyone cares what that dried up prune thinks. :cheer2: She is so irrelevant now the only ones who want to talk to her anymore are Dave Lease and his boyfriend and they would take a hobo who was a skating fan if they would be willing to do an interview. :rofl:

I don't agree with her. The GPF is a good test of where you're at in the middle season, and a good competitor always wants to win every event he/she enters. So I don't think it's "nothing." But it's also a mid-season competition, and so a stepping stone to Worlds/Olympics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information