Samokhvalov's interview with Mozer

Mad for Skating

Moser doesn’t seem to support female partners. It seems to me that females are replaceable for her and it is only the male partners who matters. I guess it may be because there is so many talented single female skaters that there will be plenty of potential partners for the males, whereas finding a tall male partner with the jump is not as easy. I think the only female partner Moser ever cared for is Zabijako.

Well, I’ll be sure to call Volosozhar, Stolbova, and Tarasova to hear their opinions on whether pair skating women are replaceable. I’m sure they would beg to differ.

I have noticed that Zabijako seems to be the “teacher’s pet”. I like her as a person, but I do think Mozer seems very eager to sell Z/E as the new Russian number one pair.
I actually have a few theories that she’s been plotting this: holding down Tarasova/Morozov with bad programs, encouraging Klimov to retire. Maybe I’m paranoid, but I wouldn’t put it past her. I don’t think she’s a bad person, but she does have her ideas about stuff...

I lost count of how many people were tossed underneath her bus!

Don’t worry, Stolbova is used to getting thrown under everyone’s bus that she’s got an under-the-bus pass. It’s less crowded down there.

hanca

Values her privacy
Well, I’ll be sure to call Volosozhar, Stolbova, and Tarasova to hear their opinions on whether pair skating women are replaceable. I’m sure they would beg to differ.

I have noticed that Zabijako seems to be the “teacher’s pet”. I like her as a person, but I do think Mozer seems very eager to sell Z/E as the new Russian number one pair.
I actually have a few theories that she’s been plotting this: holding down Tarasova/Morozov with bad programs, encouraging Klimov to retire. Maybe I’m paranoid, but I wouldn’t put it past her. I don’t think she’s a bad person, but she does have her ideas about stuff...

Don’t worry, Stolbova is used to getting thrown under everyone’s bus that she’s got an under-the-bus pass. It’s less crowded down there.
I don’t think Volosozhar and Tarasova would be the typical examples of Moser’s treatment (it seems that they did manage to pass Moser’s approval at least for some while. Stolbova is also getting the Moser’s ‘treatment’ now. Maybe it would be more interesting to speak to Bazarova, Fedorova and other skaters that Moser decided are replaceable.

Mad for Skating

I don’t think Volosozhar and Tarasova would be the typical examples of Moser’s treatment (it seems that they did manage to pass Moser’s approval at least for some while. Stolbova is also getting the Moser’s ‘treatment’ now. Maybe it would be more interesting to speak to Bazarova, Fedorova and other skaters that Moser decided are replaceable.

Based on this, it seems like Mozer doesn’t like girls who have a mind of their own. She always seems like she came from a different era of thought - “the woman takes care of her man”. Which worked fine for Volosozhar/Trankov and Tarasova/Morozov, but not so much with the other feisty pair girls.

While I still hate the fact that Stolbova and Klimov split, I think it’s good that Ksenia is out of that environment if Mozer just sees her as a hassle. Now I just need to figure out how to get her away from Don Juan Nikolai Morozov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information