Recommendations for masks while skating?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for masks that you're wearing during skating sessions. I'm having a hard time finding a mask that is sort of breathable while still being some kind of a barrier.

I've worn cloth masks that I can wear all day at work with no problem, but as soon as I start breathing heavily on the ice, the cloth gets soggy and it's like having a wet washcloth over my nose and mouth. I've tried disposable masks and they get less wet less quickly, but toward the end of the session it's still pretty uncomfortable.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I found some WesGen KN95s on Amazon that are surprisingly comfortable for sports and don’t require a lot of fiddling. Haven’t tried skating, but they work for golf where I look down, up and sideways a lot, biking, and running. I think the key is the size and how secure the nose bridge is. This model fits me well.

Tavi

Enro makes a 3-layer cloth mask called Curv that’s designed with a light frame to hold the fabric away from your mouth. I haven’t tried it, but it might be worth checking out. Enro masks are quite highly rated, and I’m really happy with the fit of the regular (Tech) ones I have (I have a small face for an adult, and their size small is the best fitting mask I’ve found for my face type). I will warn you that due to their popularity they’re often out of stock. They do restock pretty frequently though.

livetoskate

I've been wearing KF94 disposable masks made in Korea, which I bought on ebay in bulk for less than a dollar each. They fit well & puff out away from your mouth so there's more room for air circulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information