"Planet Nine" ..evidence shows that we have a ninth planet in our solar system

CantALoop

keeper of Rinka's isopod plushies
I think they said it was probably a "Super Earth" about 10x Earth's mass, not a gas giant...but the gravity would kill us anyway if we tried to colonize it :p

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
I think they said it was probably a "Super Earth" about 10x Earth's mass, not a gas giant...but the gravity would kill us anyway if we tried to colonize it :p

Ah! At CBC they called it a gas giant: http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/technology/9th-planet-x-1.3412070

I still think Pluto was robbed!:slinkaway

Apparently the guy who got Pluto off the planets list is one of the discoverers of this new Planet. And he's trending on Twitter right now as #PlutoKiller :lol:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Or maybe even Planet Katniss or Planet Everdeen. Maybe even Planet Katniss Everdeen. ;)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I still think Pluto was robbed!:slinkaway

Agreed. I read that there are many planets (small and smaller) like Pluto in our solar system. What if this 9th planet is no larger than Pluto? If they accept this as a planet, that would be very unfair to Pluto.

Simone411

I didn't like it much, either, when they decided Pluto wasn't our Ninth Planet anymore. Unofficially, I still consider Pluto the ninth planet. This new "planet" will be the 10th planet or Planet X as far as I'm concerned. The B-52's got it right when they mentioned Planet X in their song, Whammy Kiss.

Of course, I like the idea that @Vagabond has about naming it Planet Claire. :)

Skittl1321

Agreed. I read that there are many planets (small and smaller) like Pluto in our solar system. What if this 9th planet is no larger than Pluto? If they accept this as a planet, that would be very unfair to Pluto.

It seems they are thinking this new planet will be massive, so it is likely larger than Pluto.

The issue isn't that Pluto is small, it's that it is about the same size as the other objects around it. If this new object isn't sufficiently gravitationally dominant, then it will probably also be classified as a dwarf planet like Pluto is. Any new planet will have to meet the definition of the planet.

I think it's amazing they are just now discovering this. Even more amazing if it is truly a planet (since they haven't actually found it yet.)

Simone411

They've also discussed Nibiru or Planet X for years and it's never been seen. Isn't it the "doomsday" planet whose path will suddenly cross with Earth's causing it to go off course and we go flying out into the outer limits of the universe to never be seen again. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information