Paul and Islam: "No Matter What"

girlscouse62

Just watched SD top 6. All were good. Loved P/I assurance, elegance, speed and great lines and extensions. Really happy they are in 3rd. Would love to see them make Olys. Here's praying for a great skate for them tomorrow. :)

Pratfall

It was lovely . They just skim and float over ice. And I love that Tracy gave their program credit for being one of the best SDs this year , in terms of being true to quick step. I've loved it from day one.

Marta24

The protocols are finally out and Alex&Mitch are the only ones to get level 4 on both Finnstep sequences. :cheer:

It seems like they skated their SD perfectly. I wish, a video would surface, though :(

Bournekraatzfan

They were incredible. I was on my feet and screaming at the end. They had more energy than in previous outings and they have some of the best blades in the world. Not only did they get their key points but the ice coverage in their Finnstep was excellent. And their posture and line? Wow. They truly are a world class team and i hope they know that.
Thrilled for them.<3

Marta24

They were incredible. I was on my feet and screaming at the end. They had more energy than in previous outings and they have some of the best blades in the world. Not only did they get their key points but the ice coverage in their Finnstep was excellent. And their posture and line? Wow. They truly are a world class team and i hope they know that.
Thrilled for them.<3

Thank you for telling your impressions of seeing them live. :)

sequins

Keeping my fingers crossed for today! I will be soooo happy for them if the make it to Sochi I can not even tell you. They are gorgeous skaters. I don't blame you bkfan for being on you feet they were fabulous. I don't know if they know that they are a world class team but I think they are getting there and a 3rd place today could only help. G/P have a great FD but P/I are the better team.

skatingfan04

I didn't get a chance to watch the coverage until this morning, so I'm a little late to the party, but Alex and Mitch absolutely rocked!:D They were absolutely floating out there. Not only was that a gorgeous SD, they looked so relaxed and confident. They were also really into their music and connecting with one another so well (which I think has faltered in the past when they've gotten nervous). My favourite part, though, was how happy they looked at the end!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them today. They looked so in control and confident out there yesterday that I really think they'll have a great skate. By this time tomorrow, they could be Olympians!

As for the new dress, I think it was a wise choice to go for a richer colour. That being said, I thought Alex's grey dress was absolutely stunning, and I'm sad to see it go, but the red is beautiful also and will pop on the ice.

Bournekraatzfan. thank you for the report! I'm glad you were able to be there to enjoy it!

mirage

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Alex and Mitch were stunning.

The contrast skating immediately after G/P was so telling. G/P were scratchy, noisy, tricky whereas Mitch and Alex just floated on the ice, their blades were quiet, their edges deep and no scraping, flying ice.

I am so thrilled for the sound 6 point win over 4th place!

Last edited:

skatingfan04

PAUL & ISLAM WERE AMAZING!!!!:D

I was holding my breath through the entire routine, but it was flawless. They were completely in the zone, and they didn't even put a foot out of place. They skated with speed, strength, elegance, flow and expression. Really, I can't say enough. I wish I had been there to see it in person. Best of all, THEY MADE THE OLYMPIC TEAM!

geoskate

Congratulations to Alexandra and Mitchell on two superb performances, and on making the Olympic team.

Side note: I think the new free dance dress for Alexandra is a great choice. It draws attention to her and helps emphasize her perfect line.

Last edited:

ichiro

PAUL & ISLAM WERE AMAZING!!!!:D

I was holding my breath through the entire routine, but it was flawless. They were completely in the zone, and they didn't even put a foot out of place. They skated with speed, strength, elegance, flow and expression. Really, I can't say enough. I wish I had been there to see it in person. Best of all, THEY MADE THE OLYMPIC TEAM!

my thoughts exactly!!

Marta24

CONGRATULATION!!! :cheer2:

I'm so happy for them, that their dream came true.

The coaching change to Camerlengo/Krylova was 100% right, they are going to skyrocket with their help.

Pratfall

skatingfan04.... our faith has been vindicated ! :lol::lol:

I was holding my breath ,too , and fortifying myself with Bailey's left over from Christmas ( I made sure I saved it for just this purpose ) I hope they either archived the medal ceremony , or that CTV plays it on their recap tomorrow. I'd like to revel in it a bit more.

Apparently we won't get the gala for a week or two ?

lavenderblue

Was any of the medal ceremony shown in broadcast?

I'm so thrilled for them. It's always been an interesting and sometimes rocky experience to be their fan, but they had that something from the beginning and it's so wonderful to finally see it ALL come together, at just the right time.

piano18

Canadian Nationals 2014: Paul & Islam ...

Short Dance
Free Dance

Thanks, the Finnstep looks a million times improved from the start of the season! Their skills are amazing and she is one of the best skaters. If this was US Nationals their FD would've scored 112 :lol:.

For next season they will probably work on lifts.

Last edited:

lavenderblue

Thank you so much!!

Those skates were brilliant; they've progressed so much even since the fall. And their reactions, aw man. So happy for them. It's deserved.

Marta24

It's so great to see them happy. The last few years were so heartbreaking to see their sad and disappointed faces in the KnC. The exciting thing is, that this is just the beginning for them. I'm sure there will be a lot of other medals for them in the future.

Clytie

They were great. Alex is so elegant and her posture is so superb. My friend said she reminded her so much of Katia Gordeeva. I love Paul and Piper's routine more but Islam/Paul were the better skaters this event. We stayed for the medal's and it was funny because when the awarded the trophy only the winner is supposed to step down and take a pic with it. All three teams got down instead and then they had a good laugh when they realized their mistake. They all seemed so happy for each other. I think the coaching switch has really improved their confidence and it shows on the ice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information