Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

eusebius

The Fauré Élégie is an unbelievably intense piece of music. It's hard to hear from the little snippets on Instagram how much it builds. It's about 7 minutes long so there will have to be some cuts, but P/C will be able to use a lot of it.
Here it is played by Yo-Yo Ma and Patricia Zander.
As amazing as a P/C tango would be, I think this piece is something only a team of their calibre could really pull off and I'm excited to see it!

Laney

Am I the only one being a tad sad about the change of music? I thought that their previous choice offered more variations and chances to see them shine outside of purely lyrical ... any thoughts?
I'm also sad we may never see the tango. What we saw was absolut brilliant. I think from the snippeds we see from the new FD you can't tell so much as it doesn't show much choreography. The music is strong and emotional and I'm sure this program will be amazing, touching, brilliant. The clip just doesn't show top much yet. It's different with the RD clip, you get a strong idea who the program will be like. absolutly stunning!

millyskate

I loved the look of the tango but have been bowled over by the clip of the Faure. Couldn’t be a better choice and can’t wait to see it. Just sad I’m unlikely to see it in person.

Isabelle.G

I loved the look of the tango but have been bowled over by the clip of the Faure. Couldn’t be a better choice and can’t wait to see it. Just sad I’m unlikely to see it in person.
Oh, I do hope there's gonna be a chance to see them in person this season, esp. if the 'last tango' means what we fear...

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I wouldn't be so sure they aren't still doing that tango FD to this music. There was an interview earlier this year where they talked about skating the tango FD but maybe to new music. It wasn't a confirmation of anything but it was obviously an idea they were floating around and they do refer to "our last tango" in their announcement. It's not typical music one would think of to a tango but after scanning through the 7 minutes on youtube I think it's certainly possible they are still skating that tango.

Orm Irian

they do refer to "our last tango" in their announcement
To be a touch nitpicky, they actually refer to 'their' last tango (leur), not 'our' last tango (notre) - possibly referencing the characters they're portraying during the program? But yes, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd built on the Unseen Tango to create this year's program in a way that suits the new music.

Peepsquick

I definitively think it will be a tango and I don't doubt it will be gorgeous!
I just liked for them a music piece with more variation in rhythms ...

annie_mg

Elegie has nothing to do with tango, it's soft, melancholic, haunting and has some pretty amazing highlights that make me cry every time. I'll be a mess watching this with P/C skating it.

Seriously though, I have been secretly wanting to see this on the ice ever since I played it (the piano part) over 10 years ago. I remember them saying they love the cello which is also my favourite instrument. I couldn't be happier with their music choice!!!!!!!

coralline

Does anybody know what‘s the exact version of Elegie they use?Who are the players?There are so many versions and I can't really tell…

synian

Am I the only one being a tad sad about the change of music? I thought that their previous choice offered more variations and chances to see them shine outside of purely lyrical ... any thoughts?

i think maybe the rythm dance take care of the change of music for them. So for the free dance they seem to want to explore other emotions with this theme. For a lot of people their choice of music seems the same (I disagree !!) but for me they want to explore feelings with their choices of music and the dancing in with the feeling of it. I don't have all the right words for a better description but something like :

their relationship with to built a home 2015
chaos and hapiness with stillness and odduadua 2017
love ou difficulties of love stories with rachel yamagata 2019
the love or the lost and the souvenir of it ... with find me 2020 etc

Peepsquick

i think maybe the rythm dance take care of the change of music for them. So for the free dance they seem to want to explore other emotions with this theme. For a lot of people their choice of music seems the same (I disagree !!) but for me they want to explore feelings with their choices of music and the dancing in with the feeling of it. I don't have all the right words for a better description but something like :

their relationship with to built a home 2015
chaos and hapiness with stillness and odduadua 2017
love ou difficulties of love stories with rachel yamagata 2019
the love or the lost and the souvenir of it ... with find me 2020 etc
You are absolutely right! I just watch the snippets of the Tango often during the long wait and got attached to it ... it'll pass!
I feel also a little dragged down by the melancholy of Élégie ... that'll pass also, hopefully!

eusebius

You are absolutely right! I just watch the snippets of the Tango often during the long wait and got attached to it ... it'll pass!
I feel also a little dragged down by the melancholy of Élégie ... that'll pass also, hopefully!
Well, the snippets also don't show the much more hopeful major-key section in the middle (if they are using it) :)

Peepsquick

Well, the snippets also don't show the much more hopeful major-key section in the middle (if they are using it) :)
I meant the music and Tango from last season that they will not use ... not Élégie.
That said, I can't wait to discover the new pieces ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information