Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orm Irian

I just posted this in the French news thread too:
P/C have just announced their RD music on their official instagram page! They're skating to two songs by John Legend: 'Made to Love' and 'You & I'.

Free dance music to come tomorrow!
A bit of translated info from the post, which is in French:
In collaboration with @axelle_ebony @kimgingras @ sam.chouinard7 and @mf_dubreuil, we explored lyrical hip-hop and Whacking, a dance style born in Los Angeles in the 80s, in order to respond to the theme of the season, "urban dance".
Whacking (more often spelt waacking) is a style of dance that originated in the LGBT, Black and Latinx communities of the US and is characterised by strong, angular arm movements, which you can see in the snippet they posted to instagram - and also improvisation, which is not so likely to be a feature of this program!

Last edited:

Taso

Whacking (more often spelt waacking) is a style of dance that originated in the LGBT, Black and Latinx communities of the US and is characterised by strong, angular arm movements, which you can see in the snippet they posted to instagram - and also improvisation, which is not so likely to be a feature of this program!
Thank you so much for the info! The clips look fabulous!

chantilly

Very cool and unusual choice
Looks quite difficult.
Not sure about how some of their smoother skating will pair with the wacking but the clips look promising for sure
I love John Legend so I’m looking forward to seeing them perform this.

deegee

ugh... what country do i have to be in to see the vid? or is there a link to vid that can be seen in the u.s.? thank you!

Orm Irian

ugh... what country do i have to be in to see the vid? or is there a link to vid that can be seen in the u.s.? thank you!
Sorry, it looks like it might have got a copyright strike on Instagram because it's vanished from the feed. I'm sure they'll find a way to get it back up again soon though!

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
18 months ... watching this great teaser, I realize how much I've missed their skating. Love the sharpness. Smart move to announce it this way instead of relying on the bad quality videos from the Masters.

hlimfan27

Ahh! I’ve missed them! The 2 years without seeing anything new from them was brutal - especially when no one else has been on their level - but I feel it will make watching their return all the more exciting.

They let people miss them the last couple seasons, while we’ve been comparing all other top ice dance teams to each other. So when they come back, the impact will be that much greater and their skill that much more superior. Perhaps I should be more careful, but I have total confidence in them that they will deliver. Despite whatever happens with the Russians pushing their team, I hope people/the figure skating community appreciate P/C now that we haven’t seen them in a while.

I’m also excited about this program, which I haven’t said about all but 1 or 2 other RDs this season. I can hardly wait to find out their free dance!

hlimfan27

I hope this ok to post here! I had a thought I while I was rewatching V/M and P/C programs that I wanted to share.

Imagine Guillaume and Tessa doing a latin program together (pretend we live in a world there they swap partners for one program or something).

I love the intros of P/C’s shape of you rumba and both V/M’s hip hip chin chin free and short), and Guillaume and Tessa stand out to me just that much more than their partners in their respective programs. They transferred the latin movement to the ice beautifully. They are also both fantastic dancers off the ice. This is no slight against their partners, BTW (but there was a reason they put Tessa in front of Scott during most of the actual hip movement lol).

For partners that have been together for so long that we haven’t seen them with anyone else, it’s fun to think about what they’d be like skating with a different partner. But now I’m picturing Scott and Gabby dancing together and my brain is short circuiting because it’s almost impossible to imagine.

no no

I hope this ok to post here! I had a thought I while I was rewatching V/M and P/C programs that I wanted to share.

Imagine Guillaume and Tessa doing a latin program together (pretend we live in a world there they swap partners for one program or something).

I love the intros of P/C’s shape of you rumba and both V/M’s hip hip chin chin free and short), and Guillaume and Tessa stand out to me just that much more than their partners in their respective programs. They transferred the latin movement to the ice beautifully. They are also both fantastic dancers off the ice. This is no slight against their partners, BTW (but there was a reason they put Tessa in front of Scott during most of the actual hip movement lol).

For partners that have been together for so long that we haven’t seen them with anyone else, it’s fun to think about what they’d be like skating with a different partner. But now I’m picturing Scott and Gabby dancing together and my brain is short circuiting because it’s almost impossible to imagine.
I see where you are coming from but I think Tessa's movements are much more controlled and less organic or naturally derived than Guillaume and Gabby's. Tessa was an astounding ice dancer but had a less emotional presence to me and was more about performance. P/C are all emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information