Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonata

Now that I’ve heard Guillaume’s lovely voice for an extended period of time, I wonder if his book is out as an audiobook with him reading? And is his book available in Canada? Looking forward to when bookstores open again and I can browse.

synian

I found there is an interview of Gabby and Guillaume from the June issue of IFS Magazine. Stay tune !!!

Sylvia

TBD

synian

Can only be watched in Canada:
ok with a vpn set in canada (montreal)and mozilla ...I love the time with Romain H. !!! and everything ... very nice and cool and light ....

synian

I am pretty good to understand almost everything in english language but i am not able to translate the exact feeling from an interview or an article. There are so many people here who are able to do it better (much very better) than me. Like almost all french people we don't learn English in a very efficient way. French schools spend a lot of time teaching us a lot of useless information... and the English speaking is even worst... It is much worst of everything..

Sylvia

TBD
Short Q&A published today: https://www.ffsg.org/Guillaume-Cizeron-On-est-en-forme
Excerpts (translated):
How is the preparation for the Olympic season going?

It's going really well, we're in good shape. We are still in the process of creating our programs. It's cool to be able to take the time; we discover dance styles. Our short program is coming to an end; we are rebuilding the free because we have changed the music. Our last competition seems very far away, we can't wait to be able to skate again in front of an audience.
Give us 3 of your qualities?

I don't want to throw flowers at myself but I skate well, I'm creative and generous.

3 faults?

I am stubborn, I like to be in control and I procrastinate a lot.

Sylvia

TBD
Uploaded to Skating ISU's YT channel today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd56j9NSAs0
GET YOUR PRIDE ON! 🏳️‍🌈
We're celebrating #Pride2021 with a BIG surprise in the latest episode of The #UpAgain Show!
Join us for the journey of Brittany Bowe, Olympian, world record holder and 6-time world champ Speed Skating legend! Alongside Guillaume Cizeron, whose name is iconic in Figure Skating as an Olympian who holds multiple European and World Champion titles in Ice Dance.
Together, Brittany and Guillame discuss the joys, challenges and experiences of being an LGBTQ+ athlete in the world of Skating and meet a VERY special guest...

Sylvia

TBD
IFS article by Rob Brodie (P/C have since made it known that they are "rebuilding the free because we have changed the music"):
Excerpts:
There was also another factor looming in a large way over their heads. While Cizeron and their coach, Romain Haguenauer, both have permanent residence in Canada, Papadakis does not. Given the current COVID-driven travel restrictions in that country, it was almost certain that, as a French national, she would not be allowed to re-enter if they had gone to Worlds — or any other competition beyond Canada’s borders. It was a risk she was not willing to take, fearing it might jeopardize their preparations for the Olympic season.
“The uncertainty of that was too much for me to handle,” Papadakis said. “I don’t want, when we need to train for the Olympic season, to be stuck in Europe and not be able to come back home. I did not want to have to deal with that.”
Efforts were made on her behalf to speed up a change in her residency status, according to Haguenauer, but none of them bore any fruit. “The French federation tried to help Gabriella get this situation resolved, but it was impossible. It is still the same today,” he explained, adding they also got lawyers and the French consulate involved, all to no avail.
[Haguenauer:] “They plan to start with the Masters in France, a B competition, then their two Grand Prix events and the Grand Prix Final. They have skated together for 20 years and they have the experience. Yes, when you don’t compete, it can be stressful, but they will have a lot of competitions before the Olympics to feel comfortable, so I am not worried about that.”
The French Masters is scheduled for October 1-3 in Epinal.

Last edited:

synian

Canadian interview :

Sylvia

TBD
Some nice pics from a recent photoshoot so far.
The photographer shared 6 photos of them from this shoot back on May 27: https://www.instagram.com/juliengrimard/
Guillaume mentioned Grimard in this April 24th post: https://www.instagram.com/p/COEAAzKL00I/
Gabriella shared a photo from the shoot on the same date: https://www.instagram.com/p/COD7pwaFC_D/
Gabi mentioned in a story that they also have a tiktok, but I don't do tiktok so somebody else will have to hunt down the details for that one!
ETA that I don't do TikTok either but found this: https://www.tiktok.com/@papadakiscizeron

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD

Viscaro

Woaw, isn't a bit weird to feature them as much on the poster, especially since they are the only skaters on it ? Like, of course Montpellier and the FFSG support them, plus they are the most likely to draw the local crowd, but it kinda feels like not neutral enough. It also adds some crazy pressure for them to come post olympics, hahah. Or have I just forgotten past worlds posters ?

Can't waaaaait to see their new programs. Olympics are coming so fast, it's crazy.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
What is going on with them?!? It feels like they're riding out all the competitions lately, almost as if they lost the desire. I know there's been a lot of excuses such as her mental health, border closures, his anti-vax passport stand, but wow. There's something brewing deep below.

deegee

What is going on with them?!? It feels like they're riding out all the competitions lately, almost as if they lost the desire. I know there's been a lot of excuses such as her mental health, border closures, his anti-vax passport stand, but wow. There's something brewing deep below.
do you mind explaining the 'anti-vax passport stand'? i haven't heard of this until just now.

canbelto

Uh doesn't Gabby have long-haul C19? That could explain the light competition schedule.

Orm Irian

Neither of them has ever said anything about having long C-19, and they've started their competitive schedule at Masters de Patinage every season since the last Olympic one. Not sure why doing exactly what they always do should be considered suspicious and a cover for 'something' going on? Them being on the list for Autumn Classic International was the anomaly, not them waiting for the Masters.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
do you mind explaining the 'anti-vax passport stand'? i haven't heard of this until just now.
Quebec (where they reside) was the first in Canada to roll out the vaccine passport, which shows proof of vaccinations. This means you're vaccinated and can go to gyms, restaurants, events, even leave the country. Some anti-vax'ers and even vaccinated people are against the idea of having to show it as it infringes on their freedom. Cizeron was very against it in an IG story he posted, and something tells me one or both of them aren't vaccinated. This would make traveling much more difficult as countries are now asking for proof.

escaflowne9282

Reformed Manspreader
Neither of them has ever said anything about having long C-19, and they've started their competitive schedule at Masters de Patinage every season since the last Olympic one. Not sure why doing exactly what they always do should be considered suspicious and a cover for 'something' going on? Them being on the list for Autumn Classic International was the anomaly, not them waiting for the Masters.
In the article from an earlier post dated June 22, Romain Haugenhauer indicated that their first competition would be French Masters . I was surprised when they were on the roster for the Autumn Classic, but assumed it was just to get more competition in. Someone elsewhere posted that they likely just registered for it in case there was no change in Canada's reentry rules. It seems to be the most logical explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information