Papadakis/Cizeron #6 - Season's Over - Let's Get Drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alain06fr

I agree I have no clue...I am merely quoting rumours on various boards. As I said rumour..not fact.
Wasnt it you who said they are not effected a few posts ago. Wasnt it you who has been posting cryptically with huge smiles? Wasnt it you who really wished them to leave Gadbois?

I guess my English is extremely bad... but I never said I wish them to leave Gadbois. I wish them to look to all possible options and pick up the one they think is the best for their career and this new Olympic cycle.

Gaby & Guillaume have a very high level of expectations in terms of skating coaching, program choreography, artistic training & coaching, mental coaching, and so on. Are these expectations compatible with this new configuration and all these couples moving to MTL? Why not, but probably with a different setup compared to last years. If not, then they will probably move elsewhere.

Emdee

I guess my English is extremely bad... but I never said I wish them to leave Gadbois. I wish them to look to all possible options and pick up the one they think is the best for their career and this new Olympic cycle.

Gaby & Guillaume have a very high level of expectations in terms of skating coaching, program choreography, artistic training & coaching, mental coaching, and so on. Are these expectations compatible with this new configuration and all these couples moving to MTL? Why not, but probably with a different setup compared to last years. If not, then they will probably move elsewhere.
Yes, your English is deplorable!

Anyasnake

And there's possibility, according to rumors again, that one russian team also might go to Gadbois. But it's not clear - for training or just for choreography. Alain, maybe you have heard something about it?
I'd understand if you don't want to reveal who it is of course (but feel free to do so ! :D), but for choreo that wouldn't be a "surprise", Stolbova/Klimov have had choreo from Marie-France in the past even though they are a Pair team, not Ice Dance.

... My pop-corn stash is empty (thanks Evgenia) so if you're telling me someone like Stepanova/Bukin move there, I'll have to buy 3 more tons of it, and I'd rather be prepared. My bank account agrees.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
If there is one thing I'm happy about is that this thread hasn't been that hilarious and good humored in a long time. So let's roll out all the crazy rumors, it's the off season after all, we deserve it.
Also Marina and Scali kissing P/C at the Olympics before the medal ceremony doesn't automatically mean they'll move there :D

synian

I'd understand if you don't want to reveal who it is of course (but feel free to do so ! :D), but for choreo that wouldn't be a "surprise", Stolbova/Klimov have had choreo from Marie-France in the past even though they are a Pair team, not Ice Dance.

... My pop-corn stash is empty (thanks Evgenia) so if you're telling me someone like Stepanova/Bukin move there, I'll have to buy 3 more tons of it, and I'd rather be prepared. My bank account agrees.
or Zagorski guerreiro, after all Tiffany is a friend of Gabby !!!

iris81

Well, they discussed it openly, so I see no problem in saying their names. Rumor is about Skoptsova/Aleshin, but it is very vague rumor.

VGThuy

Reading the past few posts has made me more confused than before. So the Weaver/Poje rumor was just a joke? P/C moving to Zueva was just repeated from a random post somewhere?

Anyasnake

Well, they discussed it openly, so I see no problem in saying their names. Rumor is about Skoptsova/Aleshin, but it is very vague rumor.
If it's vague, it's fine then, but choreo would definitely make sense for them - especially for the Junior/Senior transition (even though they look like Seniors already, at least to me).
Thanks Iris, I'll keep that in mind... next to the 2456 couples training there, one more, one less... :D

alain06fr

If it's vague, it's fine then, but choreo would definitely make sense for them - especially for the Junior/Senior transition (even though they look like Seniors already, at least to me).
Thanks Iris, I'll keep that in mind... next to the 2456 couples training there, one more, one less... :D

Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje moved to Gadbois and this is not a joke (I'm serious this time)

Emdee

Costco has a sale on microwave popcorn!

Judy

I'm confused now...... Is the Weaver and Poje moving to Gadbois thing a joke? (satire)

I am surprised they aren’t retiring but I’m not one to say when skaters should retire. They will likely do well there. Montreal is also an awesome place to live.

synian

I am surprised they aren’t retiring but I’m not one to say when skaters should retire. They will likely do well there. Montreal is also an awesome place to live.
Montreal is a place where every young people could be very pleased to leave near with a lot of life, arts, etc a little like new york city .. . It could be a very nice reason to try this icedance school too...
Ice dancing is not everything in the life, may be live outside of it is great too !!!

barbarafan

Sounds like it's now official: Madison Chock and Evan Bates moved to Gadbois... And so did Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje (I don't know if you guys are aware about it)

OMG- really!!!!! I am totally thrilled...They have improved so much under Morozov in speed and smoothness but being nomads has to be hard as well. I think last yr there was talk of a 3rd rink they had access to if needed but I don't remember details and Quebec is very strong in dancers so there are possibly lots of ex-dancers with great skills who they might ask to fill in the blanks... I wish Schoenfelder would move there...sigh sigh

barbarafan

Ok Alain....my heart is jumping in my chest...are you joking ? I mean about Kaitlyn and Andrew. This made me very excited as I love them. They are great people and I do think at this time this is the best center of training for ice dance in the world.I do not think that either W/P or C/B will continue beyond 2020. I am a 20min drive to Gadbois (if there is no traffic)but I have never gone as they need to be in their zone and groupies are the last thing they need. I see a lot of the teams if they are in town when events are in Pierrefonds 4 glaces. This is a 5 min drive from me and a brisk 25min walk.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Well, I just talked about "a site" having "problems" and nothing else to shortly reply to Anyasnake.
How many other sites is there where you post under handle "Alain06" ?

I mentioned it here because these problems are mostly related to cultural issues.
You mentionned that said problems couldn't be solved because the administrators themselves were part of the problem, which was making the situation even more pathetic. I thought you should be made aware that the administrators of "this site" were members here, which meant they could rightfully feel targeted by your not so subtle innuendos. This could lead to unecessary and aggravating fights if they decided to answer, something that FSU is generally not fond of.

Figure Skating fans are from different countries.
No kidding 😄😈
This is great of course but it can lead to tricky and unexpected situations, misunderstandings and eventually fights due to big cultural differences.
Stating the obvious. I have dual nationality on two different continents. I lived and worked in 4 different countries, I'm fluent in 3 languages and I can understant 4 others. I've visited more than 100 countries in my life and I'm not yet done. I have several degrees, including a PhD in cognitive sciences and psychology. I know a lot about cultural differences, to which I've been exposed all my life and for my entire benefit. and the main reason why people fight on skating forums is universal : wherever they are from, some are 100 % sure their opinion is the right indisputable one. Descartes's legacy : I think therefore I am. People tends to turn unwittingly that famous maxim into : I think, therefore I am right !" Egotism , narrow mindedness, fanatism and a good thick chunk of ignorance confort them in their certainties.

I think I will share about this more later on as this is a very interesting topic (and a way to better understand each other), especially during the off season
You'll excuse me but I'll pass the talk. Not to belittle what you have to say. But you seem to always consider people you talk to as very young and uneducated folks. See the professorial tone and your eagerness to explain in details the most basic elements. Occupationnal hazard?? I'm too old for magistral lecturing and too used to be on the teaching chair.

BTW why posting the alledged scoop about W/P in here ? Shouldn't it be posted in the GSD and the off season worldwide "mercato" rather than here ?

Last edited:

marifran

Naaaaaa, you'all are wrong.Here is the true story.Since the Shibs take one year off, Marina has no top team anymore, so she is joining force with MFD at Gadbois, taking C/B from Igor with her. Since H/D were not happy with this decision, they decided to move to Russia together with Krilova (who is getting married to Zhulin by the way) . Since he's left alone, Carmalengo and Romain who knew each other very well when coaching in France at Zazoui's school, decided to open a new school in Montreal, taking P/C with them. Kaitlin and Andrew decided to join Pasquale and Romain too. (Kaitlin is having an affair with Pasquale). And last but not least, Soloviev will skate with Illinych with Igor. Gilles Poirier are leaving Carol Lane, who is now available for Carreira Ponomarenko ,to go to Lena Caron who in addition to her already numerous talents now becomes a coach. Scott and Charlie also decided to start on their own and are joining forces with Lipnitskaya who moves her training to the US.Tessa will work as an assistant coach at Gadbois to fill in for Romain. Meanwhile Didier is lost. .... Capito ???? :gallopin1:rofl: :sekret::wall:

Now seriously, could someone confirm the move for Kaitlin and Andrew to Gadbois. Alain, you tease us so much, I need a second serious confirmation from you.

And since as you said we have no clue about what P/C think of Gadbois, could you give us some ?:confused:

barbarafan

But they ended up not liking the choreo. and not using it...so sad

barbarafan

Oh Meldee, happy to see you in this thread. We have so much fun and no evil queen around ;) !

Dave Lease is a little sh**it who believes anything he is told and prints it never looking at the motivations of the source. So...is it possible the Russian is Med and she will visit Sam for a show program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information