Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Rhythm Dance debut at the Masters yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-1bCN_LHc
Their RD announcement on their official team IG account: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUU7QSnFL_s/
Pour la danse rythmique, nous sommes tombés sous le charme de la voix de John Legend dans « Made to Love » et « You & I ». Avec la collaboration de @axelle_ebony @kimgingras @sam.chouinard7 et @mf_dubreuil nous avons exploré le hip-hop lyrique ainsi que le Whacking, style de danse né à Los Angeles dans les années 80 afin de répondre au thème de la saison « street dance ».
They revealed their FD music (« Élégie » de Gabriel Fauré, choreo. by Saxon Fraser & Marie-France Dubreuil) 3 days ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUYMqDfJzUd/
Inextricablement liés, intimement exaltés. Ils dansent leur dernier tango…

Cette année nous avons voulu créer un programme qui renoue avec toutes les énergies que nous aimons explorer sur la glace et entre nous. Avec « Élégie » de Gabriel Fauré comme support musical, nous essayons de retranscrire toute la poésie de la pièce à travers une gestuelle lyrique et passionnée.
Chorégraphié par @saxonfraser et @mf_dubreuil ✨

Video: @oniceperspectives
Music edit: @sk8mixhugo
Check out ffsportsdeglace's Instagram stories for practice run through clips (including the ending) - ETA that the clips have been embedded in 2 tweets by OdduduaS, linked in post #6 below.

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I'd love to be waacking my way to anywhere if only I could spin my arms at the speed of light !!! I don't get how they do it but it sure is a brilliant idea for the ice.
I'll put back the FD snippets now we changed thread. I hope the French Fed will be smart and release a decent video like yesterday:
https://twitter.com/OdduduaS/status/1444278260339253255

synian

cocotaffy

deegee

New lift for sure

As for her costume:
it reminds me of Alphonse Mucha's work, Art nouveau, appropriate for a Faure's piece like these:
did they add illusion fabric in the chest area??? i feel like that's another wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen :wuzrobbed

Kateri

void beast
I'm looking at this thread title and thinking we need to start stockpiling puns for thread titles later this season. A few to start us off:

Waacking My Way Back To You, Babe
Waacking Nine to Five
Waacking On Sunshine
Waack Like An Egyptian
Waack on the Wild Side

Miloune

This is just gorgeous.

They just exude confidence. Gabby has really shown the most growth : her presence, her confidence, her maturity are just maginficient to watch 😍😍. So coupled with Guillaume's, I mean, they are just above everything and everyone else.

Can't wait for it to be even more polished and reworked to perfection.

Edit : also, like Brenda said below, I was expecting a bit more 🔥.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Masterpierce! Love the last spin...the broken-arms port de bras (statues come to life?)...”THE Lift”!!! So many breathtaking highlights, all to ravishing music. Imagine what this will be like in four months’ time?! Definitely not a tango.

Bigbird

It feels bittersweet, like a kiss goodbye. You cannot tell when one element ends and another begins. The twizzles as transitions? The high and low lifts, the choreographic spins. The different emotions, euphoria and sadness. Then they get to the end and you're disappointed that it's ended because you know what it means and this is only October with poor camera angles and equally poor lighting. Oh my.

twizzletoes76

I feel like they’ve truly proven themselves artists with this—not just skaters. They’ve gone outside the box and created a style that is unique to themselves and that is sort of anti “let’s do something showy and eye catching because we are in skating.” I feel like this piece will be their legacy—and, sadly, could also end up being the last competitive program we see from them—as the program does almost have a kind of farewell feel to it.

cocotaffy

In the short I only look at him and in the long only at her, she is mesmerizing in this FD. I love the dress really fitting the theme, maybe the color but we need to see this FD under better lighting and camera works.
The details are exquisite and the music flows from beginning to end like, no awkward cut this time.
It has a bittersweet feeling lots of emotions pack in just 4 minutes, a wonderful interpretation of this music.

jenny12

There’s a lot of beautiful detail in that dance, many lovely moments that are quintessentially Papadakis and Cizeron. I think the piece is beautiful though perhaps too subdued. But it has the potential to be memorizing as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information