On your hypothetical skating team

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I was just thinking about this tonight -- if you were a skater and had unlimited funds (stop laughing, it's just a game!), who would you want on your team? Not just as coach and choreographer, but for anything else you might want.

I would want Mie Hamada for a coach, not just because she's good at it but because she's so calming. Even if I had a different coach, I would hire her to stand at the boards and calm me down. And I would hire Meagan Duhamel to calculate my points and placement in her head, so she could tell them to me as soon as I got off the ice and I wouldn't have to wait.

snoopy

I thought this was going to be more like fantasy football. Pick your team for a seasonal team competition and score points for each of their wins during the season.

But to the op - I think I’d want raf as a coach. I wouldn’t turn away finishing advice from Tarasova, even if she is past her prime. I don’t mind Eteri but she just has too many skaters. I don’t have a fav choreographer right now. Whomever designs pap/ciz costumes would be my pick for costume design.

Wyliefan

I thought this was going to be more like fantasy football. Pick your team for a seasonal team competition and score points for each of their wins during the season.

I guess we could do that sometime, but I'm currently running a Classic Movie Actor March Madness game on Twitter, and I can only handle one fantasy league at a time. Well, two, because I also play Fantasy Movie League with some Facebook friends, but that's DEFINITELY all. :lol:

Wyliefan

I would also consider Duhamel for team nutritionist, except that she might try to make me a vegetarian, which is not happening. Maybe I'd go with Sasha Cohen for that. A nutritionist who's forever going on about steak and ice cream is my kind of nutritionist. :D

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
I want to be in pairs. Paired with Caitlin Yankowskas. Coached by Natalia Mishkutenok. Self choreographed (Hey, I am a triple threat!).

Assistant coach: Savchenko

Choreography refresher: Sarah Kawahara (and give us the hard stuff) :)

Hair & Makeup: Adam Rippon

Publicist: Claudia Bing (of Bing, Bing, Bing and Bing)

mjb52

I'm tempted to go with the Mitchell Johansson Method because their name has provided me with so much joy this skating season on the pbp threads but I suppose I'll take Moskvina and getting thrown around by some hunky muscular fellow if I must.

VGThuy

For ice dance...and since this is a fantasy hypothetical situation where everything goes and I have all the money in the world...I would create an American ice dance complex and invite all the top ice dance coaches there even if they go back-and-forth between this center and their home bases.

I would have:

Yuri Chesnichenko & Yaroslava Nechaeva work on development for early ages as they developed Evan Bates and Madison Hubbell when they were young and those skating skills speak for themselves and would be used to continue to work on basics;

WISA will be in charge of patterns and more technical and athletic aspects of transitions and elements and pushing them technically. They can also work basics as well;

Igor to work on elements and levels;

Pasquale Camerlengo/Dickson/Miyamoto/and guests to work on choreography and program concepts;

Marina Zoueva in charge of posture/carriage/line and finishing. Basically taking the products everyone else worked on and finish it with some fine-tuning and editing. I think her strength is really focusing on big picture things like how the programs look, cleaning up rough areas, showcasing the movements to maximize impact, editing needless busy moves, fixing music edits if they're not working, etc. to basically raise the level of the product after everyone else did most of the work; and

Renee Roca, Klimova, and Ponomarenko to teach important things like partnering, having a variety of close holds, and old-school ice dance carriage and line and connection. Also, Ponomarenko would be very important for supervising practice of steps and patterns.

I'd also keep inviting outside choreographers (with backgrounds running the gamut from ballet and modern dance and other genres) and artists and other instructors/teachers to come and do workshops and "continuing education" panels to keep the body moving in different ways and expand one's concept of art/music and the world.

I wonder what @gk_891 and @Dobre and other ice dance fans would have on their teams.

Last edited:

Spiralgraph

Well I agree with everything VGT stated, but I'd add two new things. A few musical experts/ or fans who would strongly suggest songs/music for programs. Yeah I'm tired of the same old warhorses being used over and over. And I know Aerobicidal wrote this first and maybe just for humor but I mean it. If and when the Shibs retire from competition I'd hire them immediately for a master workshop in twizzles, the slow as molasses twizzles just don't cut it to me.
In a day or two I'll try and post my ideas for how to improve pairs.

Wyliefan

I'd probably audition thousands and thousands of people to find one who could edit music decently!

And for those who tried techno remixes, a trapdoor would open and deposit them in a crocodile pond. :D

sharsk8s

I would have Romain choreograph and wouldn't mind some finishing touches by Marina Zueva
I would have Mathieu Caron as the costume maker, his dresses are stunning
I wouldn't mind s/e and s/b coaches doing twizzles, their teams have some of the best
If jumps were necessary I would get some of the Japanese coaches because the Japanese skaters have some of the best technique

happycamper2554

Me and danny o'shea are going to bring US pairs back. Coached by Jim Peterson and dalilah sapponfield who are going to get along swimmingly with no issues. We will be choreographed by shae Lynn in the long and lori Nichols in the short. Alex orashev will assist us with our jumps and we are going to rock the sbs lutzs. Lisa McKinnon will do our costumes.

aliceanne

I'm tempted to go with the Mitchell Johansson Method because their name has provided me with so much joy this skating season on the pbp threads but I suppose I'll take Moskvina and getting thrown around by some hunky muscular fellow if I must.

To me Michell Johansson Method sounds like hairstyling. I always think of Paul Mitchell the hair care guy when I hear that name, and I picture Mark and Peter with their twin fade cuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information