On our way to Boston

judiz

In car heading to Boston with my brother and husband. Husband's discharge from hospital went extremely smooth, biggest delay was traffic getting out of hospital parking lot but that is what happens with rush hour in Manhattan.

Thank you again for all your support!

skatesindreams

This is good news!
I'll be thinking of you, hoping that all continues to go smoothly on the trip; and during the next phase of his treatment.

Spun Silver

Congrats! That took a lot of doing! I hope you can catch up on your rest when you get back home! I imagine you will need a ton of it.

judiz

Got him settled at the hospital. He is actually staying in a house on the hospital grounds with 7 other people who have the same condition. There are two nurses on duty at all times but unlike the hospital, my husband can move freely around the hospital grounds and even go into town if he desires. He is sharing a small room with another resident, communal bathrooms are kept locked and monitored. Meals are prepared and served in the cottage. The cottage reminds me of the buildings seen at the hotels in the Catskills in the 1950's.

Family therapy is held once a week, I will participate by phone.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Echoing quartz: How are you doing? I hope you are also getting the ongoing support you need.

judiz

I am still attending my own therapy every week, it is strange not going to the hospital to visit and my husband no longer wants to talk on the phone every day.

I am planning on taking my inlaws to Boston after Passover to spend the day. My mom has returned from her winter home in Florida so we will be together on weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information