My post-worlds wishlist

Icetalavista

1. Ban whacking. arm-centric movement is an absurd choreographic focus in a leg and foot centric sport
2. Ban touching the boards.
3. Hoping the Swiss women continue to rise, and sooner than later podium.
4. Podiums for LaLa and both French dance teams who were at worlds
5. Ava and Lindsey: rotate, have correct edges, keep calm and podium
6. Judges: summon the courage to let up and comers beat the senior teams
7. Skategods grant me the serenity to accept FearGibs’ programs, cuz I can’t change their momentum or the ISU’s current drift

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
1. Ban whacking. arm-centric movement is an absurd choreographic focus in a leg and foot centric sport
2. Ban touching the boards.
3. Hoping the Swiss women continue to rise, and sooner than later podium.
4. Podiums for LaLa and both French dance teams who were at worlds
5. Ava and Lindsey: rotate, have correct edges, keep calm and podium
6. Judges: summon the courage to let up and comers beat the senior teams
7. Skategods grant me the serenity to accept FearGibs’ programs, cuz I can’t change their momentum or the ISU’s current drift
I agree with a few of those.

1. Ban touching the boards thinking that might get them more points, but it doesn't and some look sort of silly doing it.

2. Ban arm flapping or at least give deductions for it because it distracts from what might actually be a great program otherwise.

3. Skaters should start watching how close they come to the board. I can't begin to count the times skaters have collided with the
board because they didn't pay attention. It could also injure them.

4. A skater should be reprimanded if they run into another skater during the warm-up practice. I also can't begin to count the
times I've seen that through the years, and sometimes, it has caused injuries.

5. Please let a coach or choreographer have the guts to tell the skaters when they have a costume that sucks.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
1. Loena try one new choreographer
2. Amber 3A in SP, but she said she’s going to be doing this.
3. Completely new podium in USA national pairs
4. Italy to finally get three teams in pairs for the following worlds
5. Piper and Paul and Madison and Evan to stay in through Milan.
6. Frangi to start doing lots of cardio in the summer.
7. 🇦🇺 G/GM to get really new cool free program
8. USA nationals in ladies to have Amber, Alysa, Isabeau, Bradie, Ava, Lindsay in final flight 🎖️🎖️🎖️ and will also be happy with Josephine, Elyce and Starr
9. Spain pairs team ban to be over.
10. last but not least, completely devalue, defund, D-everything triple jump/ double axel/ double axel in pairs. 🙏

Oh and USFSA are you listening? Serve us a nice kiss and cry. 💋

Last edited:

DreamSkates

Especially the excessive arm waving

Touching the judges’ table should be off limits.

Not taking an extra point off for a fall with a jump. Skaters already get a huge deduction.

AnnM

1. No patterned, flashing, spinning, etc. lights during the exhibition programs in addition to the spotlights. It was so distracting and headache inducing, and had no relation to the programs.

2. Boston, take a note from Montreal on the KnC.

canbelto

- Save the RD. It used to be genuinely fun to see the different pairs do the same step sequences patterns. Now it seems to be "let's cosplay as an 80s pop star."

- More adventurous women. Not saying to bring back the Eteri jumping beans, but it's fun when a competition has skaters pushing the technical envelope (like the mens' competition).

- A slightly more youthful program for Ilia. As much as I loved making Succession jokes, I wish he could dance to something more lighthearted and uptempo

- Same goes for Isabeau Levito

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
I'd really like to see a clamp down on GOEs, with more mandatory minuses for top skaters and especially ice dancers. This needs to be combined with computer overrides that forbid positive GOE on any element deemed to have a mistake or PCS beyond what the rules allow in the event of falls/severe disruption. There's no excuse for allowing judges to give scores that aren't allowed under the rules, with impunity no less.

The scoring of spins also needs a complete overhaul. The bar for difficult exit (or entry where it's still allowed) needs to be significantly raised; the illusions and knee slides are ugly, not difficult, and in some cases reward poor technique. Actually, I think all of the spin features need to be significantly more difficult to achieve, perhaps with more points offered in compensation. I'm also in favor of one mandatory L1 spin judged solely on GOE, with extra-high GOE multipliers. E.g., a blindingly fast scratch spin that achieves, say, 16 revolutions, with visible blur, and perfect centering should be able to achieve 5 GOE points.

The x + 2A + 2A in pairs needs to be reviewed. Far too many points are being secured on what is a very ugly and poorly performed element. I'd also like to see unison more heavily factored in to pairs GOE. I think we need a "U" (lack of unison) marker that mandates negative GOE and a UU (severe lack of unison) that mandates negative GOE and a 30% reduction in base value on side-by-side jumps and probably spins, too.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I'd really like to see a clamp down on GOEs, with more mandatory minuses for top skaters and especially ice dancers. This needs to be combined with computer overrides that forbid positive GOE on any element deemed to have a mistake or PCS beyond what the rules allow in the event of falls/severe disruption. There's no excuse for allowing judges to give scores that aren't allowed under the rules, with impunity no less.

The scoring of spins also needs a complete overhaul. The bar for difficult exit (or entry where it's still allowed) needs to be significantly raised; the illusions and knee slides are ugly, not difficult, and in some cases reward poor technique. Actually, I think all of the spin features need to be significantly more difficult to achieve, perhaps with more points offered in compensation. I'm also in favor of one mandatory L1 spin judged solely on GOE, with extra-high GOE multipliers. E.g., a blindingly fast scratch spin that achieves, say, 16 revolutions, with visible blur, and perfect centering should be able to achieve 5 GOE points.

The x + 2A + 2A in pairs needs to be reviewed. Far too many points are being secured on what is a very ugly and poorly performed element. I'd also like to see unison more heavily factored in to pairs GOE. I think we need a "U" (lack of unison) marker that mandates negative GOE and a UU (severe lack of unison) that mandates negative GOE and a 30% reduction in base value on side-by-side jumps and probably spins, too.
I'm with you on the last one. So few pairs really have unison on their SBS spins that those that do should really be rewarded.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Oh, I'd not mind seeing this at all in pairs! Definitely need to include spins in this, no probably about it.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I'd also like to see unison more heavily factored in to pairs GOE. I think we need a "U" (lack of unison) marker that mandates negative GOE and a UU (severe lack of unison) that mandates negative GOE and a 30% reduction in base value on side-by-side jumps and probably spins, too.
I've always thought unison should be its own PCS category for pairs, but this could be a good way to differentiate those who do elements in sync and those who don't.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
This needs to be combined with computer overrides that forbid positive GOE on any element deemed to have a mistake or PCS beyond what the rules allow in the event of falls/severe disruption. There's no excuse for allowing judges to give scores that aren't allowed under the rules, with impunity no less.
Oh, heavens, yes, yes, yes to this.

And it can be done manually, for competitions where they are marking on paper.

Karen-W

Yes, that made my list. I want that combination, devalued and defunded.
I don't mind the 3t+2a+2a sequence when it is well done. What I really don't like are the XX jump+1a+2a sequences. The 1a is such a weak choice in that sequence, to set themselves up for the 2a after a potentially bad landing on the preceding jump.

I'm not necessarily sure about devaluing them but I do want the GOE significantly impacted if the sequence is a hot mess of unsynchronized jumping in the vicinity of each other.

Karen-W

Has that happened yet?

All those jump sequences are a hot mess. I say bring back the spiral sequence instead. And serve it to us like Natalia and Artur.
A few times, I think. I want to say that Flores/Wang do a nice jump sequence in their FS when it's clean. And Chan/Howe had some good success with it last season at 4CCs.

Karen-W

I'm re-watching the Pairs FS trying to capture the best KnC reactions and I realized I NEED Spencer & Emily to win Nats next year and be the highest placed US team at Worlds 2025 because I NEED him and his personality to be at WTT. I sense that he might be just as OTT enthusiastic as Jason there and... Well, that's the WTT partnership I never knew I needed until just now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information