Mexico Life: HGTV- Sunday June 10, 10:00 PM- Trading Skates for Sandals In Tulum

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
A Toronto couple who spent years immersed in the cold with careers in ice skating move to Tulum for a change of atmosphere; they hope to find a home with a pool and great views so they can enjoy the town's sun, sand and zen.

I assume they are the only ice skaters in Toronto not coached by Brian Orser.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I watched the episode last night (and rewatched the beginning just now to get names and dates correct). The things I do for FSU. :saint:

The couple was Myke and Jonathan. They met through skating 10 years ago. Myke is 10 years older than Jonathan and they spend 10-12 hours a day at the rink. In addition to spelling his name rather peculiarly, Myke has very unfortunate hair (if any of you know him, please don't quote me).

Myke is a choreographer and Jonathan a coach.

They are moving to Tulum to escape the busy life of Toronto and are thinking of either opening a cocktail lounge in Tulum or maybe a skating rink.

They looked at the HGTV mandated 3 houses/condos and definitely made the right choice. In fact, if there were a single thing of interest to me in Tulum, I'd move to their choice as well. One definitely gets more for one's money in Tulum than the Hudson Valley area of NY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information