Love, Balls and Courting: Tennis V

Lacey

I was rooting for Tiafoe, but Alcaraz had a slight tilt over him. Both young, we will see them again!

eusebius

Really good 2nd set between Iga and Ons today. I love both of them and would have been happy with either winning. Iga's level has steadily increased through the tournament and she's a very deserving winner. Love the interview with Ons: "Iga didn't make it easy for me and I don't like her very much right now" :rofl:

skatingguy

decently
Fourth set about begin in the men's final - the level of tennis is high. After 15 years or so of a golden age it seemed like it would end soon, but now the next generation is finding a way to keep the matches incredible viewing.

alexikeguchi

What a talent Alcaraz is, and he seems to have a great mental game as well to hold his concentration and nerve through that final. And the crowd seems to love him. Who knows for sure what the future holds, but he may be able to rival the 20+ Grand Slam wins of Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic.

eusebius

What a talent Alcaraz is, and he seems to have a great mental game as well to hold his concentration and nerve through that final. And the crowd seems to love him. Who knows for sure what the future holds, but he may be able to rival the 20+ Grand Slam wins of Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic.
It was really an exciting final. Like you said, Alcaraz held his nerve, even though he was not necessarily playing his best tennis the entire time. At 19 and 23 these players will be around for us, if their bodies hold out, for many years and Slams to come :love:

Sylvia

TBD
Roger Federer announces retirement; 20-time Grand Slam champion will play Laver Cup as final event (Sept. 15, 2022):
MUCH :respec: to him and I'm so glad I got to enjoy following his career over so many years!

Sylvia

TBD

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I think Rafa was more upset than anyone :wuzrobbed I was never a Federer fan but the Fedal friendship won me over in a way. They have such a friendship, I expect they’ll do some exhibition matches in the future, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them make the odd appearance on the Legends tour together in 10-15 years if it’s still going (and if their bodies allow it.) Also I expect they’d do the Legends doubles slams - imagine Fed and Rafa winning at Wimbledon at 55 and 50 :)

Desperado

Nadal’s crying did me in. From his after match media interview, things at home are worrying/stressful (his wife is pregnant) and he’s not well physically, so he’s probably sadly seeing the writing on the wall for himself too. He will not play anymore this weekend.

It was great to see all the kids - the girls are so grownup! I see a hugely bright future for Federer.

skipaway

Halep Fails Drug Test, Vows to Prove Innocence
Roxadustat is a relatively new drug produced by FibroGen, a biopharmaceutical company in San Francisco partnering with AstraZeneca and Astellas. It's not approved in the U.S.; elsewhere, it's marketed as a tool for preventing anemia by boosting the body's red blood cell production.

Roxadustat and similar drugs work by causing the body to "mimic the natural response to hypoxia, or insufficient oxygen,"

Desperado

Catherine on the Tennis Podcast read Simona’s statement and the “betrayed” word made me flash to her new coach Patrick Mouratoglou.

In previous podcast episode Catherine mentioned that Simona might be overlying too much on him.

The also read Darren Cahill’s statement (her coach for 6yrs) and he is solidly behind her.

Aaron MB Fan

Congrats to Team Canada on making history and winning Canada’s 1st ever Davis Cup!!! Growing up, I never thought I’d see the day come where Canada could actually win and they did it!!!

Forget Soccer, Canada won the real World Cup!! 🏆🎾🥇:lol:

This combined with the Canadian Women’s historic Team Bronze in Artistic Gymnastics more then make up for the re-building state of our Figure Skating team in my favourite 3 sports!

eusebius

Congrats to Team Canada on making history and winning Canada’s 1st ever Davis Cup!!! Growing up, I never thought I’d see the day come where Canada could actually win and they did it!!!

Forget Soccer, Canada won the real World Cup!! 🏆🎾🥇:lol:

This combined with the Canadian Women’s historic Team Bronze in Artistic Gymnastics more then make up for the re-building state of our Figure Skating team in my favourite 3 sports!
I just love how our top players showed up and took advantage of their opportunity!! And I can’t wait to see what Felix and Denis have in store for 2023 :cheer2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information