Kaiya Ruiter Appreciation Thread

Winnipeg

KR is really special on the ice. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:I love to watch her skate and could watch some of her programs over and over again!

Early in this thread someone posted a video of a US skater named Jennifer Freezer. I watched the video (juvenile nationals?) and I thought she was fantastic too!! What happened to her though? I do not see her name on the USFSA Nationals entry list.

Sylvia

TBD
I watched the video (juvenile nationals?) and I thought she was fantastic too!! What happened to her though? I do not see her name on the USFSA Nationals entry list.
Elise Freezer is no longer competing, AFAIK (her mother's name is Jennifer).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
What a shame she did not go on.
Elise was joyful to watch and there are so many young skaters like her who do not end up competing at the higher levels. That's why I try and enjoy their talents and accomplishments "in the moment." :)

Getting back to Kaiya - a quote after she won the silver:
"Oh my gosh, it feels absolutely incredible. It was so unexpected and just to skate my best skate and win a medal on top of that, oh my gosh, I still can't believe it."
:D

Last edited:

alj5

I hope it was Kaiya and her team's decision to skip 4Cs. If she skates clean, she is one of several with a chance for a medal depending on how well the Japanese triple axels go.

Sylvia

TBD
@danafan posted this Feb. 23rd CBC article (her Nationals FS video is not geoblocked) in the Canadian Women's news thread:
The article includes this link to a 7-minute radio interview with her (her enthusiasm shines through :)): https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-97-the-homestretch/clip/15967895-kaiya-ruiter

CTV News Calgary news posted this article/video on Feb. 21:

Last edited:

kalamalka

I hope things go well for her - her previous JW was a disaster (but she was only 13). It's good that she's so enthusiastic about competition in general, and about the opportunity to compete at home. She's usually been pretty consistent- except for that SP 3 years ago in Tallinn.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Great job by Kaiya. She is under a tremendous amount of pressure here and I thought she handled it very admirably.

Agree. Kaiya was a stylish joy last night. Quite strong, if not perfect, technically. Her placement is fine; ready for moving up in the finals! Ten points from bronze…six points from 4th-5th? It’s pretty close.

puglover

I am so confused. Does she need to place top 10 to qualify a second person for next year's worlds? She is mighty close but I am sure some who did not skate very well will come roaring back in the long.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Habs

A bitch from Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information