JGP Linz - Women SP & FS

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Behind Minsol! I thought she'd be in the lead, due to her SP cushion if nothing else.

Colonel Green

Tech panel took a big bite out of the TES (which I thought might happen, given how little air time she got on some of them).

Hedwig

Antique member
I had to watch later so I won't write the jumps just some impressions

Angel from Belgium - lots of downgrades and underrotations I guess, but for her such a great experience to stand up on them in competition - the rotation will come, she has good basics

China Zhang Ruiyang
nice smile throughout
program all in all a bit generic

Mengqui Zhang
that is an ugly dress colourmix :yikes:
gets the jumps done - not much in terms of transitions, though, lots of cross overs, her basics are a bit rough

Josephine Lee, USA
long prep into the 2axel
3flip3toe maybe <
3lutz hangs on 2toe
3sal good
completely mispicks the lutz - only a single
oh I just remembered, I did not want to write down the jumps since you have the protocolls - that was automatic :-D
not sure what to write about her otherwise to be honest - was a bit hot and cold

Minsol Kwon - still only 14 - I think I saw her compete soo many times already I thought she was already older
lots of bling in the costume again
her jumps look like she can do them in her sleep - so nice and easy and without much prep
wow to all the combos in the second half - she is already trained well and has enough strength left to do them - this skate could still put her in medal position if the top three don't skate lights out
what a redemption skate! :cheer2:

CZE Jana Horcickova

I like how she tries to keep the topic of the skate throughtout the program
not everything went her way but way talented - cannot wait to see her on the big international scene
mistake in the choreo step sequence always such a pity

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
The dress is so pretty but the green ombré gloves look like they’ve got lost from a zombie programme.

Colonel Green

Wait, she has a backloaded triple flip combination in the program? Based on what I've seen of Kara's flip technique, that seems risky, even if it worked here.

Wyliefan

More green and blue, only this time separate instead of combined. :) But I like this one too.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Some of Murakami's jumps look quite tight on rotation and she could use more extension on her MITF. Nice closing spin, and I like the unique color combo in her costume.

Wyliefan

I missed Stefania yesterday, but I saw all the hype -- I'll have to try and catch her short at some point. She's stumbling today, but there's lots of promise there. I can see the appeal.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Gladki's first year on JGP. Born in Moscow, but lives in Nice. I wonder what's her story? Good fight on her jumps. Some room for growth on skating skills.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I came in late, and have only seen the last two groups.

I dislike Yun's skating, which has no line, carriage, or finesse. TES dropped like a rock, so clearly a McLeod skater. On the other side of the spectrum, I really like Ruiyang Zhang and Kwon.

I loved Shibayama's dress, and her line is very striking. She was clearly devastated, and while her coach was trying to cheer her up as she waited for the inevitable scores, and I guess Japanese coaches don't have tissues handy.

Shin is so smooth, and flow and distance out of the first lutz was :swoon:. The music is so, so dull though.

I feel more life in Murakami's skating, and it's too bad about the 2A. I love her dress: it's a statement with the colors, and I love the teal and the paler green.

Gladki skates young, and she lost her legs in the middle section of jumps, but she skated patiently and finished her movements.

Last edited:

Amy L

Gladki's first year on JGP. Born in Moscow, but lives in Nice. I wonder what's her story? Good fight on her jumps. Some room for growth on skating skills.
Isn't that Panova in the knc with her? She must train in Moscow at least part time.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Isn't that Panova in the knc with her? She must train in Moscow at least part time.
Apparently, she's a woman of the world. :p Her bio says her hometown is Nice, but her training towns are

Practice low season:24 h/week Irvine/USA
Practice high season:20 h/week Nice/FRA, Moscow/RUS

Hedwig

Antique member
Iida Karhunen, FIN
I miss the special Finnish glide and extra soft basics - not that she is bad per se but just not as special in this regard as I came to expect from the Finnish skaters

wow, did not expect her to beat Minsol's TES before she started. Way impressive!
Ah, okay, long wait and lots and lots of downgrades. I actually did not see so many underrotations live so it will be interesting to see the protocolls

Shibayama, Japan
oh nice dress colour
I like her landing positions
nice transition into the 3sal
lots of nice little ideas in between the elements
Oh no, a cry in the kissncry, so sorry for her
The competition in Japan is so brutal - she may know that this is not enough for a second assignment

Kara Yun
sorry got distracted by Mini Hedwig in the middle and cannot remember much -

Jia Shin
it stands out how much more her jumps are woven into the choreo opposed to many women before her. Nice and seamless.
such a high lutz :swoon:
heads and shoulders above everyone else we saw so far, even Minsol.

Murakami
I sort of wish that she finds a partner for pairs again just because she is so good and I don't want her buried in the depth of Japanese ladies
but then - who knows?
this is certainly brilliant
I did not know she was born in Australia - can they not adopt her, please?

now on to Stefania Gladki - I absolutely LOVED her in the SP
it will be too much to ask for her to repeat this brilliance of a skate in the free, I guess
okay, of to a pretty good start :cheer:
so expressive for a 13 year old
some mistakes in the latter part of the program
who cares

future European Champion - I called it :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information