ISU Gets Bad Grade in Analysis of Sport Governance

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
A researcher at the University of Colorado-Boulder has conducted a evaluation of "good governance" within international sport federations. The ISU ended up with a score of 51.4/100, which is roughly equivalent to a letter grade of F.

There are 36 evaluation criteria on four dimensions: transparency, democratic process, checks and balances, and solidarity. The evaluation is based on criteria from an organization called Sport Governance Observer, which says "It must be stressed that the SGO index reflects the presence of basic criteria of good governance. Medium-size federations should be expected to have an SGO index close to 75%, while large federations should achieve a score higher than 75%.”

Here is the link to a blog post about the study. The ISU listing is in the table at the bottom of the page.
http://leastthing.blogspot.ca/2017/11/an-evaluation-of-governance-of-us.html?m=1

Seerek

In the glass half full perspective, ISU was 12th out of 34 International Federations that were studied (almost all had F ratings).

I wonder why USFSA wasn't included in the US study.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
In the glass half full perspective, ISU was 12th out of 34 International Federations that were studied (almost all had F ratings).

I wonder why USFSA wasn't included in the US study.

I wondered that too, especially as speed skating was included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information