"Ice Age" 2020 on Russia's Channel One

Sylvia

TBD
Starting a new thread for those interested in watching this year's series, produced by Ilia Averbukh, and with Tatiana Tarasova heading the jury:
The new Ice Age season starts October 3. There's a link here for a live stream at 10:20 AM (I'm assuming it's Eastern which is my time zone): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxZoiNcl2P8 Other videos on that channel are not geoblocked, so there's a very good chance this stream will be accessible in the US.

About the show:

Alina Zagitova will make her TV hosting debut (alongside Yagudin).

Participants:

1. Olga Buzova - Dmitry Soloviev
2. Regina Todorenko - Roman Kostomarov
3. Vlad Topalov - Elena Ilinykh
4. Nadezhda Mikhalkova - Maxim Marinin
5. Irina Pegova - Alexey Tikhonov
6. Vladimir Markoni - Margarita Drobyazko
7. Maria Lugovaya - Povilas Vanagas
8 Vyacheslav Chepurchenko - Tatyana Totmianina
9. Olga Kuzmina - Alexander Enbert
10. Evgeny Pronin - Tatyana Volosozhar
11. Vlad Sokolovsky - Ekaterina Bobrova
12. Olga Pautova - Maxim Shabalin
13. Wolfgang Cherni - Oksana Domnina
14. Dmitry Sychev - Maria Petrova

Sylvia

TBD
Link to watch the premiere in progress (not geoblocked):

Ka3sha

Videos (as they appeared on Channel 1 Youtube channel):
Vyacheslav Chepurchenko - Tatyana Totmianina

Vladimir Markoni - Margarita Drobyazko

Evgeny Pronin - Tatyana Volosozhar

Nadezhda Mikhalkova - Maxim Marinin

Irina Pegova - Alexey Tikhonov (she won the same DWTS season when Adelina Sotnikova was on it and placed second)

Dmitry Sychev - Maria Petrova

Wolfgang Cherni - Oksana Domnina (The Sound of Silence)

Maria Lugovaya - Povilas Vanagas

Olga Kuzmina - Alexander Enbert

Olga Buzova - Dmitry Soloviev

Regina Todorenko - Roman Kostomarov

Olga Pautova - Maxim Shabalin

Vlad Topalov - Elena Ilinykh

Vlad Sokolovsky - Ekaterina Bobrova

Results:
1. Kuzmina/Enbert - 11,88 (out of 12)
2. Volosozhar/Pronin - 11,86
3. Todorenko/Kostomarov - 11,82
4. Petrova/Sychev - 11, 74
5-6. Ilinykh/Topalov - 11,70
5-6. Domnina/Cherny - 11,70
7. Pegova/Tikhonov - 11,68
8-9. Totmianina/Chepurchenko - 11, 62
8-9. Drobiazko/Markoni - 11,62
10. Buzova/Soloviev - 11,52
11. Pautova/Shabalin - 11, 44
12. Lugovaya/Vanagas - 11,36
13. Mikhalkova/Marinin - 11,24
14. Bobrova/Sokolovsky - 11, 16

I watched few teams on youtube and really enjoyed Volosozhar/partner and Enbert/partner (+ he looks :swoon:). TAT was praising Volosozhar (The greatest pair girl of modern times. Even way back in the day I always thought that there are only you and Aliona Savchenko) and Ilinykh (Lena, I always loved you. She is special, I remember when I had tears in my eyes from the first second when I watching you and Nikita skate to the Shindler's List at the practice in Novogorsk).

Zagotiva is gorgeous, but she just can't talk. I know that she has a huge fan base and all, but she has awful diction and poor vocabulary. Also, Yagudin and scriptwriters with their stupid jokes didn’t help at all. I know she is young, inexperienced and is truly trying her best, but whomever decided to sign her for the host of this show made a huge mistake.

Will update the post as soon as other videos will be uploaded.

Last edited:

reut

Thanks for the links. Tried to watch some videos but the commentary was unbearable, why can't he (them?) just SHUT UP and let me watch?!?! :(

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The show itself is gorgeously filmed & produced...a real pleasure to watch on an ultra-HD jumbo TV! Zagitova looks so pretty but isn’t a natural emcee, like ultra-charismatic Medvedeva the last edition of the show. TAT was a hoot in her feathers!

Rina RUS

I think Zagitova was good for the first episode.
Many people didn't like Medvedeva as a host, many didn't like Mikheyeva as a host. It is always so. Yet somebody has to do this job.
I think sometimes Alina's voice sounded childish, but I didn't notice bad diction. Anyway Yagudin could be the champion in bad diction, but now his voice can sound good. Alina works with a teacher on her diction.

I also think that Medvedeva was in worse situation when she had to talk to those children who had to leave the "Ice Age. Kids" project. Medvedeva wasn't a psychologist, she didn't have her own children, so that task was really difficult for her. And it was really important.
As for Alina... I just think all the participants of this show are adult people. I think the audience can forgive Alina too (if she is not perfect), so she just needs to work.
She smiles and she's able to be confident. I think that's enough for the beginning. :)

Tinami Amori

I had TeamVolosozhar in first place, and TeamEnbert in second, but oh well... :)

The show over all was ok, but too many ballads and love stories songs for my liking. I would like to see more showy circusy programms, with ethnic music, with stories other than "romance".

Zagitova did very well given it is her first time and she is not an ace at public speaking to begin with, but there is plenty to work on to be very good at it. Both Auerbuch and Yagudin said Zagitova is the hardest working host they had seen, she stayed till midnight practicing and took the scripts home and practiced there.

Here is the sample of how she looked and sounded, and it is quite good for someone doing it for the first time in their life with few weeks of practice.

TeamBobrova came in last, that is a surprise, given TAT is a judge.

Auerbuch admitted that he has to do something about the narrator (Grishin) and stop him from talking so much.

Last edited:

Bigbird

I didn't realize how sad Bobrova's basic skating and dancing are until this show. Is it that she's just trying too hard?

My top 5

1. Vlad and Lena
2. Enbert and Olga K.
3. Totmianina and Partner
4. Tatyana and Pronin

5. Kostamarov and Todorenko

But many programs were interesting.

Sylvia

TBD

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here:
Tatiana Totmianina is injured during practice for Ice Age show. She fell hard and in her own words "is now out of circulation again". She hopes to return to the show as soon as possible.
Playlist of behind the scenes videos:

Tinami Amori

"Ice Age" - 3rd shows - 10-17-2020.

Video for the whole show.

Individual videos - all marked 10-17-2020 (starts with 2nd video fr the top).

Sylvia

TBD
2 Alina Zagitova articles in English about her new TV host role:

Olympic Channel article by Nick McCarvel:

Tinami Amori

"Ice Age" - Show #4 - 10-24-20

"Ice Age" - Show #5 - 10-31-20 (Starting this edition there will be eliminations)

mjb52

Somewhere Lambiel just shook his fists at the heavens and said "It should have been MEEEEE!!!!!"

Sylvia

TBD
Playlist of performances earlier today, plus rehearsal footage (Nov. 14): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4UofAt2BXnMDF-m_fg5_KMMnaARvKOoL

ETA:

Ilia Averbukh on producing the show every week:

Last edited:

lauravvv

Are Denkova Staviski not skating anymore?
You mean in 'Ice Age'? No, they are not skating. They are part of the coaching team of the project.

Apart from that - they used to skate in Averbukh's other (not TV) ice shows, but I am not sure when was the last time they performed in one of those shows.

Tinami Amori

"Ice Age" - Show #10 - 12-05-20

full show

individual videos

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information