"I came to Tutberidze, and the world turned upside down." Shcherbakova Interview about quads, Lipnitskaya and the most terrible act in life

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
If this is against copyright or whatever and I shouldn't post, just PM me and I'll send you the translation.

""Anna Shcherbakova cannot be described in one word. On the ice, she is both an easy girl with air skating and a confident fighter who is not afraid of any circumstances. A similar situation in interviews. Shcherbakova easily combines politeness and intelligence with firm convictions and a clear ability to answer questions correctly.

Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik, together with a colleague from another publication, was lucky to talk to Shcherbakova after her performance in the demonstration at the Italian Grand Prix. They talked about almost everything: quadruple jumps, the gold of Turin, popularity, parachute jump, the world championship, favorite programs in the history of figure skating, joint training with Yulia Lipnitskaya and much more.

Read on and be surprised that all this was said by a person who is not yet 18 years old.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member

Quad flip, lutz and the same patch in Budapest​

- At the press conference, you said that the main thing for you in Italy was to show a quadruple. Is it more important than first place?
- In general, there is never a task of some points or place in a competition. My goals always relate to my programs. I cannot go to a competition with the goal of winning. It is not known how everything will turn out. I can win, but not be happy with the rentals.

In general, I came here with a goal only for my skates - I did not complete the task in the short one, I coped with the free one. We can say that she was rehabilitated for the failure that happened on the first day.

- It turns out that second or third place with a completed task is better than a victory with an unsuccessful rental?
“The best thing for me is always to do my job well. So that I never have questions for myself. It is most important.

Therefore, all my thoughts in Turin were still about the quadruple jump, how to make it clean. Well, after the completion, I was already thinking about the further program, I tried not to make more mistakes, in general I coped.

- And I even wanted to insert a second quad - lutz.
- We did not work out this option at Khrustalny, that is why we did not go for it at the competitions. It's just that the workouts went well here, quadruples and somehow I already, yes, there was a desire to try lutz, to show something more than one flip.

But the coaches stopped it, realizing that this option had not yet been worked out. And, perhaps, rolling with an attempt to go two quads would not have been so successful.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
- So you have a certain zeal for complicating the content?
- I always work at my maximum. If I feel that there is an opportunity, then I always go to this jump. And I don't compare myself with others, I start only from my capabilities.

- Is there a certain maximum content that you can reach this season?
- I will not evaluate it somehow. For today I have my maximum, and I showed it. Perhaps tomorrow I will have more opportunities, something new will turn out and the maximum will be more, and the set will be more difficult. I will not guess.

- Does the injury bother you?
-
Yes, I want to say that nothing bothers me at all. Everything is fine, I am working at full strength, nothing interferes.

- In Budapest there was a huge plaster on the neck, which many discussed.
- There is no such athlete who would do without injuries. There are serious injuries, and there are minor ones - you don't even need to stop training. Coincidentally, it was at the time of the competition in Hungary that I had such a minor injury, and this patch was used as a treatment.

But this is just a short period of time when it was necessary to undergo a little medical treatment, perhaps not to do some strong deflections. But everyone healed, and now everything is fine. These are such trifles that athletes constantly meet in training, it just coincided that at that moment there was a competition, and it went out to the public.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member

"The Master and Margarita", the Strugatsky and "The Squid Game"​

- How do you feel about your programs now?
- This season we have picked up very interesting images. About the free one I can say that this is an exact hit - exactly what I would like. There is no doubt about it at all. In addition, this is a program with a calm beginning, but a dynamic second half. That is, there is a change of image, emotions, character.

The short program has a very experimental image. Of course, all this will still be finalized and now is only the beginning of the season. Therefore, with each start, the programs should be more and more refined from all sides. Emotionally, technically, and choreographically, of course, there will be some changes.

- It is probably not easy for a 17-year-old man from a wonderful family to show the tragedy.
- For me it comes more from the inside: I have always liked not just the program as learned movements to skate, but to do it with soul, emotionally.

I read a lot, not just a book, but specifically about the image of Margarita. I was very impressed. It seems to me that I even have some common points, perhaps somewhere in my character or something I feel for myself. Therefore, I try to convey this not just faked, but with my heart. And try to invest yourself in this program.

- What was the last thing that you read or watched in your free time that made a strong impression on you?
- Recently - I read "Roadside Picnic" by the Strugatskys. An unusual piece. Quite emotional, especially the ending. In general, I was impressed.

- And in an interview with Channel One, you said that you would like to watch The Squid Game. Has it been successful since then?
- Not yet, but the desire remains. But in fact, there is so much discussion about it that I know the plot roughly, ha-ha.

Spun Silver

Thanks so much for the translation, EpicWilliam. (My iPad won't let me @ you.) I like all the Russians, but she's the one I'd most like to win the OGM. She's so quiet on the outside but so driven and intelligent on the inside, and keeps exceeding expectations.

But where's the part about the world turning upside down when she came to Tutberidze? or was that just clickbait?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Thanks so much for the translation, EpicWilliam. (My iPad won't let me @ you.) I like all the Russians, but she's the one I'd most like to win the OGM. She's so quiet on the outside but so driven and intelligent on the inside, and keeps exceeding expectations.

But where's the part about the world turning upside down when she came to Tutberidze? or was that just clickbait?
I believe it is Eric (he wrote it in Cyrillic).

I too like Anna a lot. I saw her skate at the JGPF in 2018-2019. She was artistic even then.

love her mental toughness. I will be happy with any of the Russians win the OGM but I was surprised that many on this board don't even want her on the team. She has the most potential to win the OGM. She reminds me a lot of a young Gordeeva. Delicate outside, and tough inside. Plus I find her to be very intelligent. I am rooting for her to make the team.

That 'world turning upside down' may have been a click bait. The interview is poised and intelligent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information