Has anyone experience with hypnosis to gain back memories?

Husky

Parts during an important episode in my life are blocked though I should remember since I was already 7 years old. The strange thing is that I started to wonder shortly after and even during this episode that went over 10 or 14 days what happened the days before. These days are magically deleted in my brain. (Maybe because they were too painful.)

For me it would mean a lot to find out what happened. I read that hypnosis is not a safe way to recollect memories that it can produce false memories. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone experience in general with hypnosis? Is their a better way to unlock memories?

Vagabond

Parts during an important episode in my life are blocked though I should remember since I was already 7 years old. The strange thing is that I started to wonder shortly after and even during this episode that went over 10 or 14 days what happened the days before. These days are magically deleted in my brain. (Maybe because they were too painful.)

For me it would mean a lot to find out what happened. I read that hypnosis is not a safe way to recollect memories that it can produce false memories. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone experience in general with hypnosis? Is their a better way to unlock memories?
Hypnosis can induce false memories. (I encourage you to look this up for yourself.)

You might want to look into Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy which helps people turn the traumatic memories they do have into ordinary memories. There is a screening process, and it doesn't work for everyone. It did, however, help me enormously.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you would like to discuss this.

Husky

Hypnosis can induce false memories. (I encourage you to look this up for yourself.)

You might want to look into Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy which helps people turn the traumatic memories they do have into ordinary memories. There is a screening process, and it doesn't work for everyone. It did, however, help me enormously.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you would like to discuss this.
Thank you. But I have no traumatic memories. The memories I have are completely harmless. The painful parts are cut out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information