Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

MsZem

I see the sea
Thanks, everyone :) I'll see what's available to me here at a reasonable price and maybe splurge in one or two things.

I get totally confused about all the other 17 steps, serums, tonics, yadayada that I’m supposed to be doing. Who’s got the time or money for all that.
This is basically me. I have no idea what some of the basics mentioned here are :lol:

@PRlady were you able to get your usual stuff when you live in Israel?

skategal

Bunny mama
My Sephora order arrived with my Becca highlighter backups in it (one Rose Quartz and one Vanilla Quartz.)

Good news is that nothing was smashed or broken.

It was, however, stuck in the community mailbox for 24 hours as the lock was frozen on the box. :wall:

DH managed to pry it out this morning while saying a few choice words.... :lol::cheer2:

Jenny

From the Bloc
I keep meaning to post this here. If you are having issues with your neck, this stuff is amazing. I feel like it tightened everything up, especially around my jawline. It's pricey, but it's been worth it to me. Next time there's a coupon, maybe check it out if this is your problem area.

Just wanted to thank for you this - it works. Does anyone use anything else in this line?

canbelto

I have a question: I keep seeing ads for Sheertex "unbreakable" tights. They are very expensive ($69 a pair) but has anyone tried them? Are they truly "unbreakable"? And do the sheer ones look like granny hose or more like regular tights? As someone who is always tearing/ripping my tights I am thinking of buying a pair.

skategal

Bunny mama
Peeps makeup, anyone? :40beers::lol:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
@canbelto I have the nude, the black, and....one other color that I don't recall at this time. Like I said, the nudes are thicker than normal hose, but not so thick that I felt weird wearing them.

skateycat

One of Nature's Non-Spinners
I bought one of these Revlon One-Step Volumizer hair dryers last May and it already is broken.

Ulta gave me in-store credit, which I am fine with. I still need a good hair dryer, and would be grateful for some recommendations. I'd be willing to buy one of the expensive ones if you thought it might make a difference. It doesn't even have to be available for sale through Ulta, as there is other stuff I can buy there.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Thanks, everyone :) I'll see what's available to me here at a reasonable price and maybe splurge in one or two things.

This is basically me. I have no idea what some of the basics mentioned here are :lol:

@PRlady were you able to get your usual stuff when you live in Israel?
Nope. (Don’t know how I missed this.) The selection was narrow and the prices were :eek: I stocked up in the US and brought everything with me when I came back!

millyskate

I bought one of these Revlon One-Step Volumizer hair dryers last May and it already is broken.

Ulta gave me in-store credit, which I am fine with. I still need a good hair dryer, and would be grateful for some recommendations. I'd be willing to buy one of the expensive ones if you thought it might make a difference. It doesn't even have to be available for sale through Ulta, as there is other stuff I can buy there.
My trusty Braun hairdryer lasted an amazing 20 years and I replaced it last year. The new one is good too, it feels really solid but it's sadly not as powerful as EU regulations restricted power in the meantime.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Another fully tiffed day today complete with pearls. I had to look good for my vaccine selfie!
And despite being advertised as “no transfer”, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer does rub off. Actually, I don’t blame Laura as it was most likely the ill fitting mask that they required at the vaccine site. My real mask had no transfer.

skategal

Bunny mama
I put a Sephora order in yesterday as the Becca lipsticks were 10 dollars off.

They are my favourite and I will miss them when they go in September.

I only bought 2 that I will start to use immediately (I finished one in the same colour a couple of weeks ago. I’ve actually burned through about 3 or 4 of these in the past 24 months.)

I find that they go off within 12-18 months so it’s not a good idea to stock up.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Sephora Sale starts today for ROUGE

4/09-4/19 20% off

VIB (15%) and INSIDER (10%)

Start 4/13 - 4/19

Code is: OMGSPRING :cheer2:
Not a Rouge anymore. :( Half of it was Covid and half was giving up on a certain amount of vanity.

Re: hair dryers, I've had my Super Solano for like ten years. Pricey but worth it.

skategal

Bunny mama
Not a Rouge anymore. :( Half of it was ********* and half was giving up on a certain amount of vanity.

Re: hair dryers, I've had my Super Solano for like ten years. Pricey but worth it.
I am Rouge this year and last year but I don't think I will make it next year.

I haven't used a hair dryer in more than a year.... :shuffle:

Jenny

From the Bloc
I've been Rouge for years, but my bet is a I lose it this year. I'm still doing my skincare and wearing makeup, but the last year has made me more frugal so I've been using up the buckets of samples and minis and freebies I have, not splurging on every sparkly new thing I see.

As I was shopping for the sale (my first order since the fall sale I think!) I was getting increasingly irritated by the number of items they no longer carry, or that are currently out of stock. Ended up buying only three things, cashing in a measly 100 points of rewards, and it was a stretch to pick even one free sample. Then I went over to Clinique's site and loaded up on the items Sephora didn't have, and got 15% off in the process (first order bonus), so nearly even anyway.

I also buy direct from Charlotte Tilbury's site. I've mentioned this before I'm sure - prices are the same as Sephora or department stores, but there are a lot of online exclusives and promotions too. Shipping is always free, you get some good samples at times, it's delivered within days (I'm in a big city) and the packaging is gorgeous, like opening a Christmas present :)

Aceon6

I’m going to find out today if 18 month old Tan-Luxe Butter self tanner still works. I never wore shorts or a skirt in public last summer and never made it to the beach, so no need. If I turn a funny color, I’ll let you know.

skategal

Bunny mama
I’m going to find out today if 18 month old Tan-Luxe Butter self tanner still works. I never wore shorts or a skirt in public last summer and never made it to the beach, so no need. If I turn a funny color, I’ll let you know.
Good luck!

I have 12 month old self tanner here as well and I was wondering if I should try it or toss it. :lol:

Aceon6

Good luck!

I have 12 month old self tanner here as well and I was wondering if I should try it or toss it. :lol:
So far, so good. It smells normal and at hour 6 I’m starting to show some color. I was hoping as I hated the thought of tossing $35.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I wish my now-discontinued Redkin 12 rough paste would last that long. Or even just a few years. The last unopened bottle I have of it is already going bad.

Aceon6

It’s fine. Other than an uneven application on one foot, I’m happy with the result and did not turn into a pumpkin.

Disclaimer: I typically do not have skin reactions, so I don’t have to worry too much about lotions and such. YMMV.

Aceon6

Hmmm. So I attempted full face makeup in anticipation of Massachusetts lifting mask restrictions this Saturday. Boy, am I out of practice! It took 3 tries to get the makeup sponge just the right level of damp. And I guessed wrong on the shade of blush. I’d rather not talk about lips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information