Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

skategal

Bunny mama
I just received my Sephora order which is a Christmas gift from my mom. (I picked it out.)

I got the Natasha Denona Glam Palette and a mini Nars Laguna Bronzer and Afterglow lip balm in Laguna.

It arrived a week later than expected but so worth it.....I LOVE EVERYTHING. :cheer2:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I know most of us love false eyelashes, but hate trying to get them on. BUT DON'T FRET. My eyelashes are falling out again, so after some experimentation, I highly recommend this tool: BUY IT NOW

I get mine on in one attempt and they are perfectly placed.

Now, if anyone knows how to get the glue off your eyelids, please let me know...

skategal

Bunny mama
I ask for and received Sephora gift cards for Christmas.

As luck would have it, I received the exact amount in gift cards that I needed to spend to qualify for Rouge for next year.

And it really was luck because I didnā€™t even know how much I needed to qualify until I checked after receiving the gifts. :lol::cheer2:

I used the gift cards today. So Iā€™m Rouge again for 2021. Yippee! :cheer2:

myhoneyhoney

I started dipping my own nails this November. I went from having zero to almost eighty colors in a couple of months. I LOVE it, it actually lasts.

Anyone else dip?

Anemone

How hard/easy is it to do?
Do you recommend a specific brand?
I've look at the dip powders, but wondered if I had the ability or patient to actually do them.

myhoneyhoney

How hard/easy is it to do?
Do you recommend a specific brand?
I've look at the dip powders, but wondered if I had the ability or patient to actually do them.
I'm not gonna lie, for me it required watching some video tutorials and prictice on nail swatches before I did it on my nails. Plus, removal can be a pain. It's totally worth it for me though. Nail polish lasts 1 day with my job while dips are lasting about 1.5-2 weeks!

Stefanie

I love when I start using a product and then try to see about ordering more and it doesn't look it's available anymore (appearing on Amazon and Ebay...???). I really like this tube of Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal Cleansing Gel I have been using. I don't cleanse with it everyday, but on the rare occasions I wear a full face of makeup it's great for that--mascara and eye liner come off without much of a fight! Has anyone else used it? Or anything else from the line? This is the only product I have used from the line. I remember only buying it because I needed to up my total for free shipping...must have been a few years ago. I wish I could something similar! :(

skategal

Bunny mama
I love when I start using a product and then try to see about ordering more and it doesn't look it's available anymore (appearing on Amazon and Ebay...???). I really like this tube of Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal Cleansing Gel I have been using. I don't cleanse with it everyday, but on the rare occasions I wear a full face of makeup it's great for that--mascara and eye liner come off without much of a fight! Has anyone else used it? Or anything else from the line? This is the only product I have used from the line. I remember only buying it because I needed to up my total for free shipping...must have been a few years ago. I wish I could something similar! :(
I use Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm and love it.

I use it to remove full face of makeup everyday and it does a great job even on waterproof mascara (although sometimes I need a second little bit on my eyes to get it all off depending on what waterproof mascara I am using.)

Stefanie

I use Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm and love it.

I use it to remove full face of makeup everyday and it does a great job even on waterproof mascara (although sometimes I need a second little bit on my eyes to get it all off depending on what waterproof mascara I am using.)
Thank you for the recommendation! I think I will give this a try. I am glad to hear it does a great job with waterproof mascara! :)

Stefanie

@Stefanie I canā€™t copy the link right now, but I see it on the US Amazon site for $30.
Thank you! I wasn't sure about ordering it from Amazon because I heard sometimes you don't know if you're getting the "real product." Or maybe that's just what my esthetician says so I buy products from her and not Amazon...lol

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I just cut my own hair... SUCCESSFULLY! I have the kind of hair that grows unevenly, so after going 12 weeks since my last pro cut, it was looking weirder than weird with some long stringy sections. I marked the back with paper tape and was aided by the 3-section mirror in the bathroom that let me see all but a teeny bit at the center back. Itā€™s mostly even with a only couple of areas that need styling to camouflage. Yay, me!

skategal

Bunny mama
I got my hair cut on Friday. First time since October.

I was trying to get it done in case CV ramps up here again.

Still very low here.....knock on wood .

MsZem

I see the sea
I need advice! Apparently I have reached a point in my life where I need to do more for my skin than just slap on moisturizer/sunscreen... suggestions welcome so long as relatively available and won't cost half my salary :) No animal testing is a definite plus.

Last edited:

attyfan

I need advice! Apparently I have reached a point in my life where I need to do more for my skin than just slap on moisturizer/sunscreen... suggestions welcome so long as relatively available and won't cost half my salary :) No animal testing is a definite plus.
I'm in a similar situation. I've been using anti-oxidant serums that are surprisingly inexpensive -- the Ordinary's 5% caffeine in the morning and Inkey List's q10 serum at night -- and they seem to be helping.

quartz

scratching at the light
I dunno. I felt pressured by social media and marketing to upgrade from my basic standard cheap Olay moisturizer that Iā€™ve been using for 20 years to the 3x more expensive Olay moisturizer because aging is like the worst thing a woman can do, and I donā€™t see any difference and next time I need moisturizer Iā€™m going back to the cheap stuff.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I dunno. I felt pressured by social media and marketing to upgrade from my basic standard cheap Olay moisturizer that Iā€™ve been using for 20 years to the 3x more expensive Olay moisturizer because aging is like the worst thing a woman can do, and I donā€™t see any difference and next time I need moisturizer Iā€™m going back to the cheap stuff.
Iā€™m with you. This winter, my skin decided it didnā€™t want anything fancy. Iā€™ve switched to Neutrogena oil free sensitive.

skategal

Bunny mama
Iā€˜m low maintenance with skin care because my skin freaks out if I try anything too fancy.

Clinique Cleansing Balm (once a day), Drunk Elephant Lala Whipped Retro Moisturizer (2 times a day) and an exfoliating lotion or liquid (once a week.) That is it.

I wish I could find a dupe for the Drunk Elephant because itā€™s pricey but my skin loves it.

It has some type of plant oil in it from Africa and it is so nice.

I canā€™t go near anything that has fragrance which knocks out many moisturizers Iā€™ve tried.

skategal

Bunny mama
Yes itā€™s about what works for your skin. Not how much it costs.

I canā€™t use a foaming face wash no matter if it is luxury brand or drugstore.

My face feels like it will crack and fall off.

Iā€˜ve tried cleansing balms from high end to low end and the Clinique one works best for me.

Probably because itā€™s fragrance free.

I need something very bland and super hydrating for my face moisturizer.

I used the Walgreens store brand moisturizer for years until they changed it.

quartz

scratching at the light
I have super sensitive skin so I am very reluctant to spend sixty bucks on something and then find it doesnā€™t like me. Iā€™m better off sticking with the tried and true. I do like the creaminess of the Olay Total Effects, so I may keep it for just around my eyes, but Iā€™m going back to the Olay sensitive skin cheap stuff for the rest of my face and neck. I use a Neutrogena exfoliating cleanser, thatā€™s only about $10 on sale. Thatā€™s it - I get totally confused about all the other 17 steps, serums, tonics, yadayada that Iā€™m supposed to be doing. Whoā€™s got the time or money for all that.

clairecloutier

I use several products from Deciem's Hylamide line. Their focus is hydration, which is good for me because I have dry skin. Their stuff is affordable, but unfortunately, a lot of it is sold out right now. Hopefully it'll be back in stock soon.

There's some inexpensive skin care lines on Amazon that offer basics like vitamin C serum, hyaluronic acid, and retinol serum. Try Brenner or Cosmedica Skincare.

I've gotten into Weleda night creams lately. They have a nice consistency. And the fragrances are nice too--pomegranate and iris. They're good for travel because they come in tubes with screw tops.

My skincare splurges the last year have been on Phyto5 products. Phyto5 is a Swiss nature-based skincare line (it's used at a salon I go to). It's pretty expensive, so I only have a couple things from them--Phyto-Peel, a facial mask exfoliator, and a pink Clay Mask.

quartz

scratching at the light
Lol...just popped up on my FB ads: a neck cream for ā€œsagging, crinkly necks.ā€
No, my neck is not smooth and firm - thatā€™s why I have a great collection of pretty scarves and sparkly necklaces. Way more fun to shop for than a boring jar of lotion.

Iā€™m 35 now, and my hair is going grey so I felt the same way. I use plain old cerave cleanser and moisturizer. I added an AHA for exfoliation, retinol and a vitamin c product. The retinol makes the most difference for my skin texture. And I do not leave the house without sunscreen.

myhoneyhoney

I swear by any Olay moisturizer I can get at Costco us Aveeno SPF 50 every morning. I do use a Vitamin C serum before the Aveeno and the original Lancome Genifique at night before the Olay. Once every 2 weeks I do a home peel with a mild formula my esthetician friend gave me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information