Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

skategal

Bunny mama
I just received the mailer.
Rouge starts October 30th
VIB starts November 3rd
Insider starts November 5th
The sale ends November 9th
The code is HOLIDAYFUN

Yippee I’ll hang onto the $40 gift card I have until the sale. :cheer2:

What do you plan to buy?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Yippee I’ll hang onto the $40 gift card I have until the sale. :cheer2:

What do you plan to buy?
I need to replace all of my foundations and tinted moisturizers. They’ve gotten stale due to the crud. And I might get a mascara sampler if they offer a decent one.

Last edited:

skategal

Bunny mama
I need to replace all of my foundations and tinted moisturizers. They’ve gotten stale due to the crud. And I might get a mascara sampler if they offer a decent one.

I have a long list of wants but will probably just get a new Hourglass blush and a Drunk Elephant lip balm.

If NARS has any Holiday sets released by then, I may pick one up if it has something besides Orgasm or Dolce Vita shades in it.

I also have my eye on the new Natasha Denona Glam eyeshadow palette but I totally don't need it....lol....

Aceon6

I’m back on my Dr Gross regime. My skin care is really disrupted when I don’t get fully tiffed at least 3 times a week. I’m using different products and often forget to do anything other than keep my face clean. Crud skin, I guess.

skategal

Bunny mama
I went from Dr. Gross to Neostrata to Origins Nightamins with AHA/BHA in it.

My skin doesn’t like too much of the exfoliating acids.

I’m wearing makeup almost every day. My skin didn’t like it at all when I wasn’t wearing it at the beginning of the lockdown.

My skin seems to love the Drunk Elephant Lala Whipped Retro moisturizer but my wallet sure doesn’t.

Wish I could find a less expensive dupe.

skategal

Bunny mama
Just made my Sephora order for 20% off on the Holiday sale (I am Rouge this year so can order today.)

I tried to be very particular about what I am buying this time and mostly bought stuff I know I will use up 100%.

I got the Drunk Elephant Lala Whipped Retro moisturizer and lip balm which I have gone through multiple times.

I also got an Hourglass blush in Radiant Magenta. It’s my favourite and I have completely panned one of those already. I seem to always pan the Hourglass powder products I buy. They are so nice.

The last thing I bought was one of the Natasha Denona I need a Nude lipsticks. I found out there is one that had my name as it’s shade name so I couldn’t resist. Lol.

I resisted the Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow palette. I don’t need it but boy do I want it.

Maybe next time...

Jenny

From the Bloc
I got a few of my skincare staples, plus I figure this year of all years, while I'm being sooo good and not overbuying, I could get one little treat at 20% off so I added a limited edition Pat McGrath eye palette. Merry early Christmas to me :)

skategal

Bunny mama
I got a few of my skincare staples, plus I figure this year of all years, while I'm being sooo good and not overbuying, I could get one little treat at 20% off so I added a limited edition Pat McGrath eye palette. Merry early Christmas to me :)

One of the quads or a mothership palette?

I haven’t tried Pat McGrath yet but it’s very intriguing.

Wish I could swatch one in person.

Aceon6

Theeeee Sephoraaaaa websiteeeee isssss sooooo slowwwww! It took nearly 5 minutes to check out and I didn’t even notice that I had somehow clicked on a $50 gift certificate until it was too late. Well, it’s not that I won’t use it.

As usual, many of my favorites are discontinued. I couldn’t get Kat von D tattoo liner in navy and will have to hunt some down elsewhere. I didn’t care for the mascaras in the Lashstash this time as most have huge brushes that I can’t control. I ordered a lot of minis as I’m not getting tiffed as often, but splurged on some Kat mask proof lip stain.

skategal

Bunny mama
Theeeee Sephoraaaaa websiteeeee isssss sooooo slowwwww! It took nearly 5 minutes to check out and I didn’t even notice that I had somehow clicked on a $50 gift certificate until it was too late. Well, it’s not that I won’t use it.

As usual, many of my favorites are discontinued. I couldn’t get Kat von D tattoo liner in navy and will have to hunt some down elsewhere. I didn’t care for the mascaras in the Lashstash this time as most have huge brushes that I can’t control. I ordered a lot of minis as I’m not getting tiffed as often, but splurged on some Kat mask proof lip stain.
Kat Von D is now KVD vegan cosmetics. They bought her out.

I don’t know if the products are still the same though.

Love minis. :cheer2:

Peaches LaTour

As far as hair conditioners go, I really like Shea Moisture & Not Your Mother's Naturals products. Also like Buddha Butter.
I do hair conditioning "backward" in that I wet my hair, do the conditioning, rinse it out & then shampoo.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I keep meaning to post this here. If you are having issues with your neck, this stuff is amazing. I feel like it tightened everything up, especially around my jawline. It's pricey, but it's been worth it to me. Next time there's a coupon, maybe check it out if this is your problem area.

skategal

Bunny mama
It’s Sephora sale time again. Dec 3-9.

Rouge - $25 off of $75

VIB - $20 off of $75

Beauty Insider - $15 off of $75

code is 2020SAVE one time use.

:cheer2:

fan

Ladies, I need help with your holy grail skin products that help with glow. I’m in my late 30’s in toronto, and now that it’s winter, I’m looking so dull. I don’t have wrinkles, just need to glow. I also have enough makeup to last a lifetime. Thx!

skategal

Bunny mama
Ladies, I need help with your holy grail skin products that help with glow. I’m in my late 30’s in toronto, and now that it’s winter, I’m looking so dull. I don’t have wrinkles, just need to glow. I also have enough makeup to last a lifetime. Thx!
I’m not a skincare guru by any means but I find that an exfoliating acid helps with getting rid of dull skin.

Many ladies here use Dr. Gross and swear by his products.

I have used his products but find them a bit harsh for my sensitive skin.

I’ve also used the First Aid Beauty exfoliating pads and the Neostrata exfoliating pads.

I am currently using the Origins Night a mins which has alpha hydroxy acid mixed in with a moisturizer.

I’ve also used the Glow Recipe Watermelon Sleeping Mask which is nice.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Agree that glowing skin starts with skin care. But once that's done, you might consider Charlotte Tilbury's Wonder Glow (slight tint) or Youth Glow (no tint). Both are lightweight and work well with other makeup, both provide an overall glow that isn't shiny or sparkly. I've had comments before saying "there's just something about you today, you look great) that I'm sure are related to this product :)

If you want something more targeted, Charlotte's Film Star duo is great. There's a subtle darker shade for contouring (most skin tones) and then a highlighter. Sparkly in a very subtle way, and you can build it from just a light dusting to a more concentrated glow for an evening look. My colourist (who I haven't seen in months and months sadly) wears almost no makeup at all, but she swears by Film Star as part of a fresh, no-makeup look.

attyfan

Please make sure that you are getting plenty of omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. I didn't discover the importance of these to my skin until after a heart attack made me change my diet -- but the dietary changes did wonders for my skin!

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
Don't do what I did and overexfoliate! My skin is a hot mess. (Also just started Retin-A. My eyebags are so bad right now because my moisture barrier got fcuked by over-exfoliating. Lots of water. Gentle cleansers. Vitamin C serum. That's when my skin looked best!)

I got my nails done for the first time in a year a few weeks ago. Dip powder. It's trippy. They are a glittery burgundy but almost brownish. I don't know what color I should go for next since they're growing out like crazy. Ideas?!

Sarrie

Does anyone have a recommendation for a lipstick that won't smudge too badly with mask wearing? I know it's kinda pointless since my mouth is covered 99% of the time when I go out but I miss wearing lipstick!

Aceon6

Does anyone have a recommendation for a lipstick that won't smudge too badly with mask wearing? I know it's kinda pointless since my mouth is covered 99% of the time when I go out but I miss wearing lipstick!
So far, the only thing that works for me is a lip stain. I use the Kat von D, but there are many less expensive options. Just be sure it’s completely dry before you put on your mask.

skategal

Bunny mama
I hate liquid lipsticks so I use the Maybelline Superstay Ink Crayons when I need smudge proof lipsticks.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
I do not recommend liquid lipsticks under masks, but lip stains.

Benefit has several shades and several European brands like Catrice, Golden Rose, The body shop...
I believe REVLON just came out with one.

I just say Maybelline's new lip glosses launch. WHat idiot launches lipgloss when masks are obligatory in wast majority of markets????

skategal

Bunny mama
I do not recommend liquid lipsticks under masks, but lip stains.

Benefit has several shades and several European brands like Catrice, Golden Rose, The body shop...
I believe REVLON just came out with one.

I just say Maybelline's new lip glosses launch. WHat idiot launches lipgloss when masks are obligatory in wast majority of markets????
I’ve seen lots of new lip product launches since spring 2020.

I just assumed that they were all planned and ready to go before the world changed and the companies said may as well let it launch to market....plus one of the biggest markets (USA) has been slower to mandate masks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information