Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

skategal

Bunny mama
Sephora SALE starts tomorrow!
  • VIB Rouge April 17th to May 1st 20% Off with code SPRINGSAVE
  • VIB April 21st to April 19th 15% Off with code SPRINGSAVE
  • BI April 23rd to April 27th 10% Off with code SPRINGSAVE

Peaches LaTour

I went full on tiffed for my Zoom today. As I was cleansing my face, I remembered a tip that I wanted to pass along to anyone doing temporary color. Don’t get facial soap or cleanser into your hairline. If you stray often enough, it will lighten your color prematurely in a very obvious way. Don’t ask me how long it took for me to figure this out.

Speaking of hair color, Amy Klobuchar has dyed her hair dark. It looks like hell; rarely a good thing to go darker.

On another topic, my complexion, which is always clear, has started to break out a bit do to moisture build-up under my bandana mask.😣

snoopy

Looking for hand cream suggestions. I am using elta md barrier repair which is normally awesome but the niacinamide is too much for my hands when applying 12 times a day.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Looking for hand cream suggestions. I am using elta md barrier repair which is normally awesome but the niacinamide is too much for my hands when applying 12 times a day.
I like Kiehl’s although the scent isn’t my favorite. Gold Bond is good and has a number of formulations depending on what you need. My SIL, a nurse, recommends plain Vaseline everywhere but palm and fingertip when she knows she will be washing her hands more than once an hour.

clairecloutier

My go-to for hand cream is O'Keeffe Working Hands. I have yet to find anything that works better.

Lately, with all the handwashing, I've been supplementing with Weleda Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Cream. It has a good consistency for spreading on hands--thick but almost dry-feeling, so it doesn't make your hands greasy. Sometimes I also do some Burt's Bees Hand Salve on the knuckles and top of my hands.

Peaches LaTour

I like Kiehl’s although the scent isn’t my favorite. Gold Bond is good and has a number of formulations depending on what you need. My SIL, a nurse, recommends plain Vaseline everywhere but palm and fingertip when she knows she will be washing her hands more than once an hour.

Rather than Vaseline, try Alba un-petroleum, multi-purpose jelly. It is plant-based & has a nice, creamy texture. I can usually find it at Whole Foods or New Seasons.

Aceon6

Rather than Vaseline, try Alba un-petroleum, multi-purpose jelly. It is plant-based & has a nice, creamy texture. I can usually find it at Whole Foods or New Seasons.
Good suggestion. I understand the issue with petroleum products, but no name Vaseline is affordable and readily available in a medical setting. My SIL goes through a 13 oz container every couple of weeks.

Anemone

I tend to use the Jergens Shea Butter for everyday use, and the Burts Bees Almond Milk hand cream when my hands get really dry. I apply it very generously, and then put a pair of cotton gloves on over it for 30 min or so.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I placed an order today, and holy crap, the deliveries are backed up. May 15 delivery :yikes: I hope I can stretch out my foundation that long....

Aceon6

I placed an order today, and holy crap, the deliveries are backed up. May 15 delivery :yikes: I hope I can stretch out my foundation that long....
I was pleased to see extra mild versions of Dr Gross and some Clinique cleansers. I’m hopeful that the May 15th date is a cya date like the Amazon ship dates for less essential items.

skategal

Bunny mama
The last order I got they gave me a 14 day delivery date but I got it 2 days earlier than expected.

This time I ordered on April 17th the first day of the sale (I’m rouge) and was quoted April 28th.

I’ll report back when I get it.

Anemone

I think a lot of places are giving very extended delivery times just for CYA purposes. I ordered stuff from a major online retailer and got an estimate shipping date of the last week of May, and the stuff arrived today. I ordered some new OPI from another company, who warned at least 48 hours for processing and 5-10 days for shipping, and it came in a week.
Now, if I could just find someone who has the new OPI Neo-Pearl Infinite Shine colours in stock..........
I've never tried the infinite shine version of their polish, and I have no idea how it compares to their regular polish. Since 6 of the colours in this collection are only available in the infinite shine version, guess I will be buying a couple.
Anybody tried it and have an opinion on the infinite shine vs the regular line? Better? Worse? Tips?

Stefanie

What's everyone using as a serum these days? I am shopping around for a "new" one. I have used Beauty Counter and am now almost through GM Collin "City Block" serum. Looking for suggestions. :) Thanks!

skategal

Bunny mama
Still haven’t received my Sephora order made on April 17th.

Tracker said it is in my city so hopefully tomorrow or the next day it will be here.

I was quoted April 28th as the delivery date so things are definitely S-L-O-W....

Glad I just ordered a backup and stuff I didn’t need urgently.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
This is not a thread I usually wander in to, but I have a question the internet isn't giving me a good answer for and there is always someone on this board who knows about whatever the topic is.

I'm ordering makeup since I'm almost out of face powder and it's time to toss the current tube of mascara. I'm buying one replacement and one back up each. My foundation was replaced in February and the bottle should last until August. I am going to go ahead and order a bottle. This will get me through until February 2021. I'm going back and forth on whether to order just the one back up bottle of foundation or to get two. The second bottle would get me to August 2021. How long does foundation keep unopened or will this turn while it sits in the closet and maybe I should wait and order a second bottle later?

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I would not get the second bottle. I mean, it's probably okay, but I wouldn't risk it.

I desperately need my Sephora order, and the tentative delivery date is May 15 :wuzrobbed

Jenny

From the Bloc
I ordered Apr 17 and got it in two packages (eye makeup remover is in some chemical category, whatever) 10 days later on Apr 27. I'm Rouge, might have helped.

I'm sure you'll get your orders soon - the May 15 date is likely CYA. Amazon is doing the same thing - the day after I got a note saying one book wouldn't be until June, it arrived.

clairecloutier

I splurged on a new exfoliator and clay mask: Phyto-Peel and Pink Clay Mask from Phyto-5 Swiss Skincare. One of the salons I go to sells this line, they claim it's more natural and beneficial for the skin. I do really like the consistency and aroma of the Phyto-Peel. I was using another exfoliator before but felt like it wasn't producing any discernible result. We'll see how this one is.

skategal

Bunny mama
I finally got mine today. May 5. Ordered April 17 and I’m also Rouge. :rolleyes:

But the good news is that I really like my Fenty mini-lipgloss set.

I’ve been eyeing it since November and finally bought it at the sale for 20% off.:cheer2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information