EK = Alternative team

No olympic team for now? Or all too bad so far? 🆘

Ouch for Stoll. Weinzierl.
EK means not much funding for Fentz.
Seems like Hess retired too.

How can Blommaert still be PK? :shuffle:

Slay #Team D! 🇩🇪

sandra_persch

I don't understand why Isaev is ranked higher then Hatakawa. She scored 161 internationally, Hatakawa 162 nationally for me they should be in the same category.

Its crazy but it does have to do with funding. PK you can only get for a certain numbers of year. If you dont move up to OK you are out of funding completely.
Also getting the point requirements from year 3 onwards can be quiet hard. So getting NK1 until you age out of juniors and PK afterwards is something a lot of skaters prefer. (I was told from one of the skaters)

sandra_persch

I wonder if giving Wolf NK1 is the Feds apology for taking her out of NK 2 after the 2019/2020 season.

There are a lot of skaters on NK 2 that didn't compete at all or didn't get the full requirement for the envelop so the local monitoring and video submission seems to have helped a lot.

Is Sophia Gienger is retiring? She did pretty well at NRW Trophy, placing ahead of Dempfle, Pfaffenrot and Wiens who are all in NK 2.

Sera

Its crazy but it does have to do with funding. PK you can only get for a certain numbers of year. If you dont move up to OK you are out of funding completely.
Also getting the point requirements from year 3 onwards can be quiet hard. So getting NK1 until you age out of juniors and PK afterwards is something a lot of skaters prefer. (I was told from one of the skaters)

Is there a maximum age for NK1? I always assumed it was just for juniors, but Jagoda is still in there even though he aged out of juniors this season already. And Starostin won't be junior-eligible next season either.

J

Jeschke

Interview with Huth about elite-project of german fed:
  • 2 spots still available
  • good atmosphere between Schott/Isaev
  • both will get 2 new programs; decision on music already made.
  • Isaev will start her season at Nebelhorn, Schott later.

Sylvia

TBD
Whatever happened to Hanky Panky junior girl...Marold?
Ann-Christin Marold was referenced in the last 2 posts of the previous thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/german-skating-season-2020-21.107035/page-14#post-5999246

ETA that I posted on April 30 about Hase/Seegert's return to the ice following her surgery that forced them to withdraw from Stockholm Worlds:
Due to her recovery, Minerva posted this group photo yesterday ("I was only able to complete half the basic training..."): https://www.instagram.com/p/COQ0_5iJ-u1/
She and Nolan Seegert were back on the ice today, according to their Instagram stories - Minerva's is captioned "After not being able to go on the ice for 2 1/2 months, this is a pretty amazing feeling"... what a shame they don't have the opportunity to compete at Nebelhorn Trophy for a 2nd Olympic spot.

Last edited:

zigzig

New programs for Schott are choreographed by Andrea Vaturi and Carolina Kostner.
cool. excited to see ck's continued development as a choreographer.

J

Jeschke

Instagram inteview with Müller/Dieck
(this is the 2nd interview by Patricia Kühne for german fed in this series; first one was with Schott)

Most important parts (for me):
  • explanation training situation in Moscow.
  • both praising Krylova as inspiration.
  • 'atmosphere and ambition in the air'; totally different than in GER.
  • good words on Schulz and Skotnicky; 'Vitali is our root'
  • recap of worlds: olympic quota most important; succesful champs.
  • they like the hiphop idea for RD.
  • will announce music via IG quiz again
  • programs choreographed by Maslenikova and Averbukh
  • personal life: good relationship right from the start; like siblings;
  • goals for next season: moving one step further; winning nationals again, getting euros, olympic and worlds spot
  • private life: müller is studying (but confesses it's hard to manage for her as she is exhausted afte practice), likes to travel and read; Dieck started studying but ditched, has the dream of being an actor (surprise surprise :rofl:), hopes for better chances/luck in RUS for acting career, more detailed plan but does not want to speak about.
  • question to Dieck: 'Will the long hair stay?' --> started as a counter-move to everyone going full shave in Corona-times; hair will be down again before next season. (Müller: 'I don't think it looks bad')

sandra_persch

Thank god! Schott's SP was almost unforgiveable. :drama: I hope Isaev pushes Schott this year. Both ladies ended their seasons with good LPs.

Whatever happened to Hanky Panky junior girl...Marold?

On the Bavarian regional team envelop Marold and Gienger are still listed.
I think that doesn't necessarily mean they are still competing but it makes them eligible for ice time at a Bavarian rink

J

Jeschke

Nominations criteria are up:

Olympics:
Men:
229/219
Ladies:
180/172
Pairs:
171/159
Ice Dance:
177/167

Points are calculated for Top8 -10% / Top12 -10%
Either 1x better score, or 2x lower score.

Competitions counting:
GP; CS; Nationals (end of qualification period; if no required points achieved until then, last chance: Euros)

Only athletes from PK (prospect team can be chosen) --> ByeBye Weinzierl @alchemy void :eek:
(but they might make expectations)
I dislike the wording here: Fed might allow more athletes into the race when the race is already running (seems shitty to me).

3 events counting towards the race (4 binding events must be named after ISU calender is published)

If you miss a challenger due to health issues, there might be an alternative challenger, but no right for getting one.
(I like this development; better than sending unhealthy athletes, even if it opens door for pulling out imho)

So let's face it:
Schott and Fentz are safe as long as they get the points; no way the others can score that high at CS. No ****ing way.
Dance and pairs will get :watch: though.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Euros criteria:
euqal to #olympicrace (with Euros TES)

Worlds Criteria:

Men (219pts)
  • Olympics + making final --> Worlds
  • Olympics + not making final --> 2nd Euros guy is send
  • no one making Olympics: best Euros guy is send

Ladies
  • Olympics + not making finales --> sub for Euros COULD be send (if she scored 172pts or higher before)

Pairs (159)
- Best Euros team is send

Ice Dance
  • Olympics + not making final --> Euros team will be send if they score 167 or score a SB

Interesting is the part beneath where it is mentioned, that if no one meeting criteria, fed could nominate someone.
Are they doubting already? :rofl:

---

Some interesting new developments here:
  • I like the approach for guys: if you **** up olympics, you got your reward, 2nd guy is send (not that a 2nd guy will get TES :p)
  • Ladies good call to for time post Schott (and let's be honest: Isaev should have skated 1 or 2 euros already, but unfortunately Schott did not manage 2nd spot - so that call could not be call unfair tbh)
  • Pairs: I like that approach too. Keeps the spirit up for the team(s) not making Olympics.
  • Dance: This is totally bizarre, as Euros Team = Olympics team so :huh::huh::huh: (((JvR/S)))
  • I like that they demand points, but who doubts they would send someone, even if they fail to achieve it?

---

What is WB in the events listed?

sandra_persch

Only athletes from PK (prospect team can be chosen) --> ByeBye Weinzierl @alchemy void :eek:
I dislike the wording here: Fed might allow more athletes into the race when the race is already running (seems shitty to
Well that would rule Fentz out as he is only EK and not PK.
But I guess they mean they can add skaters to PK halfway through autumn and add them here as welll.

Not that I expect some miracles to happen between now and Nationals.

sandra_persch

Nominations criteria are up:

If Weinzerl hasnt finished her studies by now she may be more interested in the Winter Universade in Switzerland in Dezember. Her 147.24 points from NRW Trophy 2020 are sufficient to be considered.
With the men and dance teams I have no idea who may be studying and eligible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information