German Skating News 2017/2018

Sabine-Yuna

German Team Envelope is up.
There were a lot of changes in funding inside the german NOK, thus the lists are smaller:

OK (A-Team):
Schott
Fentz
Savchenko/Massot
Hocke/Blommaert
Polizoakis

PK (B-Team)
Dastich
Marold
Weinzierl
Hess
Hase/Seegert
Thomalla/Kunkel
Koch/Nuechtern
Dieck/Mueller
Urban/Steffan
Schwendinger/Wunderlich

EK (no clue what that means)
Bock
Stoll

I am kinda surprised Polizoakis gets A-Status besides having no partner to skate with.
Great for the other A-listers to have a solid funding.

https://www.eislauf-union.de/files/users/bettgenhaeuser/Bundeskaderliste2018-2019_VeröffentlichungHomepage-1.pdf

https://www.sport.de/news/ne3209621/savchenko-massot-fuehren-a-kader-an/
It seems that German fed has changed the system. Now Juniors are obviously allowed to move up in the B-team. The years before they couldn't, even if they have met the criteria points. So, good move! I'm not sure if there are still the points you have to earn twice the season, because there are quite a lot of skaters that have not earned the points, but are in the team (Hase/ Seegert, Salatzki, Hus, Isaev, Paschke, Scheidt?) except Bock and Stoll who went into a different EK team. Thats something I don't get.

sandra_persch

The list is longer than under the old rules. 4 ladies and 2 man on it that would not have made the cut under the old rules.

Only one missing unexplained is Nicole Calderari. Is she switching countries to Switzerland?

Orm Irian

Only one missing unexplained is Nicole Calderari. Is she switching countries to Switzerland?

Her name's not on either the Senior or the Junior team lists for Switzerland, so if she is, she's in her sitting-out year (and they're notoriously unwilling to let people transfer in who don't already have citizenship - does she?). Check to see if she skates in Swiss-Cup events, I guess, and under which country listing.

J

Jeschke

Random question: Are Kreitmeier/Kempf still a thing? Or did that experiment end in embryo status?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information