German Skating News 2017/2018

Eislauffan

I went to the reception in Oberstdorf (will post some photos and a review on our website soon). It was a really nice event with the mayor and other officials, the coaches etc. Aljona and Bruno presented their coaches Alexander König and Jean-Francois Ballester with a small gold medal (real gold), a replica of their Olympic gold medal to thank them. That was really a special present and surprise.
They did not make any announcements regarding their future. The German Skating Federation will have a press conference in the upcoming weeks and there should be more information then.
I guess they will keep their options open similar to what many other skaters did.

Some photos published by Bavarian Broadcasting Company BR: https://www.br.de/nachrichten/schwaben/inhalt/oberstdorf-feiert-savchenko-und-massot-100.html

Eislauffan

Here is one of the first articles with some pics.
https://www.br.de/nachrichten/schwaben/inhalt/oberstdorf-feiert-savchenko-und-massot-100.html

Oberstdorf EC and S/M thanking each other. They will talk about future during their stay in Korea (shows).

Aljona looking gorgeous. What a dress 😍

Aljona has such a great taste and she always looks stunning. She also has a lot of input in their costumes.

They're going to create new show programs now, expect the best!

text_skate

Aljona has such a great taste and she always looks stunning. She also has a lot of input in their costumes.

They're going to create new show programs now, expect the best!
What I like about this dress, that it is definitely not a "Dirndl", but has it some reminiscences

S

SmallFairy

Aljona and Bruno made a show program and worked with Laurent Tobel in the process. I have high hopes! :cheer2:

Catherine M

Best of luck to Joti in finding a new partner. With the ratio of males to females looking for ice dance partners on Ice partner search, there should be a match for him out there.

And good luck to Kavita in the next phase of her life.

text_skate

I just don't understand it. It's sad. Two month ago Kavita said, she's happy, that they finally get some recognition, that they will probably train in summer a bit in Oberstdorf. What a pity.

I hope Joti will find a partner.

Eislauffan

I think Joti should continue his career with Aljona. She would get to compete, try herself in a new discipline and make history to be the first pair skater to compete also in ice dance at the Olympic Games. ;-) Aljona likes ice dance and wanted to bring more ice dance into pair skating, so why not switching to ice dance completely? :-D
She still could do some shows with Bruno on the side!

J

Jeschke

Is there any chance we get some info about Lorenz/Polizoakis and prospects at the press meeting on thursday?:watch:
Or is this press conference about S/M exclusive?

J

Jeschke

What about Urban for Joti?
Is she too tall? I like Steffan (I admit for his looks at most :smokin::p) but this partnership seems to go nowhere really.

clairecloutier

So was there an official announcement that Aljona is coaching Hocke/Blommaert?

If so, can someone point me to it? Thanks!

text_skate

So was there an official announcement that Aljona is coaching Hocke/Blommaert?

If so, can someone point me to it? Thanks!
In the news agency article here: https://www.handelsblatt.com/eiskunstlauf-olympiasieger-savchenko-massot-machen-pause/22577156.html last paragraph: Alexander König is in Berlin and coaching their successors. The successors are not named.

In this article Aljona states, that if she gets pregnant in the meantime, returning to competition isn't off the table. There are mums in competitive sports.

Best written article so far about press conf is here: https://www.welt.de/sport/article17...Sawtschenko-Massot-macht-erstmal-Schluss.html

libecha

Nothing about Bruno’s interview on Canal Alpha following the gala at JF Ballester’s club concerning plans to move to La Chaux-de-Fonds? Lost in language barriers, I guess. All of them are going to have a lot of logistical complications next year.

nimi

Nothing about Bruno’s interview on Canal Alpha following the gala at JF Ballester’s club concerning plans to move to La Chaux-de-Fonds? Lost in language barriers, I guess. All of them are going to have a lot of logistical complications next year.
Some bits from Aljona's Icenetwork interview re: plans & logistics for the next year
In fact, after this season and all the good things it brought us, I wanted to keep creating new programs, try different throws...we're still fit! But Bruno had other projects. He wanted to go to La Chaux-de-Fonds, the Swiss town where Jean-François Ballester, one of our coaches, is coaching. Also, he's having a baby soon.
We already did a test practice with Alexa and Chris, about 10 days ago. Bruno will help. Benoît Richaud, the French choreographer, also helped with the choreography. I like his style, and I want to work with him. Alexander König, our other coach, will be around, too. If I can't go to a competition, I'll need to find someone to go with them. Maybe Jean-François can help, when he comes to Oberstdorf (Germany).
I'm open to all students, and I plan to work with the German federation to see how we can create great teams, so that it doesn't stop with us. But as I won't have too much time this year, I'll concentrate on Alexa and Chris and will give them 100 percent.
We agreed that we would work together half (of the time) in the U.S. and (the other) half in Oberstdorf.
I need to tell you: Some people think that [me and Bruno] stopped competing, but we don't want to stop -- we're just taking a break. Of course, we don't know what will happen, but we want to remain open about our options.
But this year will be of a different kind for us: We will be coaching. We will work on different sides of ourselves and see how it goes.

text_skate

Article in newspaper Süddeutsche has a page about panned future of German pair skating, Alex König ...
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/ei...riert-seinen-abschied-ohne-r-wort-1.3984080-2
Since two weeks König is back in Berlin (he stayed one year longer in Oberstdorf as planned)
He tried to convince Aljona to move to Berlin, too, but she is all Oberstdorf
German fed is thinking about a more permanent solution for König (contract, money), responsible for setting up a new training center for pair skating "Trainingszentrum für Paarlauf" in Berlin, where pair skating has always been a main focus.
H/B are training in Berlin
Fed has hopes that experts in Berlin will attract skaters from other countries

J

Jeschke

German Team Envelope is up.
There were a lot of changes in funding inside the german NOK, thus the lists are smaller:

OK (A-Team):
Schott
Fentz
Savchenko/Massot
Hocke/Blommaert
Polizoakis

PK (B-Team)
Dastich
Marold
Weinzierl
Hess
Hase/Seegert
Thomalla/Kunkel
Koch/Nuechtern
Dieck/Mueller
Urban/Steffan
Schwendinger/Wunderlich

EK (no clue what that means)
Bock
Stoll

I am kinda surprised Polizoakis gets A-Status besides having no partner to skate with.
Great for the other A-listers to have a solid funding.

https://www.eislauf-union.de/files/...liste2018-2019_VeröffentlichungHomepage-1.pdf

https://www.sport.de/news/ne3209621/savchenko-massot-fuehren-a-kader-an/

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information