From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

Ka3sha

So why they pushed Fedichkina in?
Probably because she’s more pleasant to watch? :)

Seriously speaking, Istomina had a bad outing at some small comp in Moscow last week and probably Fedichkina was added by RFSF’s decision as she is from Saint Petersburg (they always favor local athletes, a girl from Chelyabinsk was invited last season, for example) and has won few international medals this autumn

caseyedwards

Why would he? Is Bobrova retiring?
“The reigning European bronze medalists don’t want to think of the upcoming Olympic year as their last season.

“Let’s say concluding season,” Bobrova offered with a smile. “We don’t know yet if it will be our last season or not. Maybe we’ll just go on, maybe I will have a child and we return after a year, maybe I will retire and Dima continues with a new partner. Only God knows what will happen in the future.”

Sylvia

TBD
“The reigning European bronze medalists don’t want to think of the upcoming Olympic year as their last season.

“Let’s say concluding season,” Bobrova offered with a smile. “We don’t know yet if it will be our last season or not. Maybe we’ll just go on, maybe I will have a child and we return after a year, maybe I will retire and Dima continues with a new partner. Only God knows what will happen in the future.”
Source for these quotes is this June 2017 article: https://goldenskate.com/2017/06/bobrova-and-soloviev/
He’s guilty of robbery or something
Source link please?

Bigbird

Apparently, Ms. Bobrova was marking her territory. Ms Bobrova could not even bring herself to smile with, hold the hand of or congratulate, Lena Ilinykh on the podium in Sochi. So trust me she is not letting Solovyev anywhere near Ilinykh, as they say, hell would have to freeze over and that ain't about to happen anytime soon. Besides, honestly, they don't look to be a match for me. Do they? I think this riddle has been solved by Zhulin a long time ago. Besides, would Lena herself be even vaguely interested? He doesn't seem to be her type. Anton is one gorgeous specimen of a man.

Bigbird

I'll be really sad if Kovtun is shut down for the season. Looked like he was still training on his social media the other day. Fingers crossed. Don't want him to go out on a bad note.

That ship has already sailed. Samarin, Kolyada and Voronov, none of these guys should be sacrificed for an injured and unprepared Kovtun. This is on TAT though for force ripening a prospect too early. I don't know who will finally be selected but I do hope Voronov finally gets his ticket to the OG in PC.

Ka3sha

On Daniel Gleykengauz’s latest Instagram story he posted a video clip of a clean* 4toe from Trusova. :eek:

*definitely full rotation, but a small turnout on the end.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcuun4OlTYk/?hl=ru&taken-by=theskatinglesson

I'll be really sad if Kovtun is shut down for the season. Looked like he was still training on his social media the other day. Fingers crossed. Don't want him to go out on a bad note.
He said yesterday on his Instagram stories that he will show his uppercut to anyone, who doesn't believe that he will compete at Nats :D, so I guess , he will be there
But it was Goncharenko herself, who said that he's still dealing with his injury and may WD. Don't know whom to believe :shuffle:

rfisher

Let the skating begin

He said yesterday on his Instagram stories that he will show his uppercut to anyone, who doesn't believe that he will compete at Nats :D, so I guess , he will be there
But it was Goncharenko herself, who said that he's still dealing with his injury and may WD. Don't know whom to believe :shuffle:
Maybe she's just preparing the field in the event his skate isn't quite what they want it to be. :lol: I hope he's able to compete.

Darkverse

Maybe she's just preparing the field in the event his skate isn't quite what they want it to be. :lol: I hope he's able to compete.
I wouldn't mind finally seeing both of his programs. The SP wasn't bad. And compared to Samarin he actually showed some PCS - who'd have thought Kovtun could be an example to follow in this regard. But the chances of him making it to the big competitions are not high.

zebraswan

Yes, I'm interested in seeing Kovtun's LP based on the costume alone...it's something else. I think if he wanted to be given serious consideration now, he should have put in the effort when he was healthy & not spent so much of his time hanging out & not working hard. He never seemed like he loved skating or competing, more like it was something he was pushed into. He's had a lot of years to prove otherwise, so my sympathy is limited to say the least.

lala

I wouldn't mind finally seeing both of his programs. The SP wasn't bad. And compared to Samarin he actually showed some PCS - who'd have thought Kovtun could be an example to follow in this regard. But the chances of him making it to the big competitions are not high.

I like his SP . For me the best from him.

Lovemyvike

Hahaha! Well, there you go! I can't understand most of the Russian, so thanks for the translation!

Yes, I'm interested in seeing Kovtun's LP based on the costume alone...it's something else. I think if he wanted to be given serious consideration now, he should have put in the effort when he was healthy & not spent so much of his time hanging out & not working hard. He never seemed like he loved skating or competing, more like it was something he was pushed into. He's had a lot of years to prove otherwise, so my sympathy is limited to say the least.

Where did you see the costume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information