Fedor Klimov Announces Retirement

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
″This was our mutual decision,″ Klimov said. ″The reasons are different for everyone. At the moment I do not continue sports activities, but I reserve the right to return to figure skating after a while, if such a desire arises.

″As for my plans, I have recently tried myself in different directions. Naturally, they are connected with figure skating. I continue to work with Nina Moser on her projects. I will try coaching, take part in different seminars, and master classes.″

"With Xenia we thanked each other, hugged each other, and said goodbye. I am grateful to her for the long time that we skated together. We had successes, and there were failures. There were many moments of good and bad. I am grateful to Xenia for the fact that we went through this. I tried to part on a good note."

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/fedor-klimov-announces-retirement/

Mad for Skating

Ugh this is so hard for me! He and Ksenia were my babies! But I’m sure he will make an amazing coach. He is always so professional and diplomatic about these things.

Ok is it weird that I teared up about the part where he hugged her goodbye? What is wrong with me???

I’ll have a blog post on this topic sooner than later for sure...

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
He had an amazing skating career, he and Ksenia medalled at every major championship. Plus he can brag about beating Empress Savchenko at the Olympics, not that Fedor is that type of person. Whatever he ends up doing post skating I have no doubt he will be very successful.

Mad for Skating

@Braulio @Rock2 @AngieNikodinovLove I love how this has turned from a "Fedor Klimov Announces Retirement" thread to a "Let's Marry Fedor Klimov" thread. Good to keep some positivity going around right now (and btw I'm already in line to marry him so y'all gonna have to take a seat).

@DimaToe I was actually just thinking how ironic it is that the three guys from the Sochi podium - Trankov, Szolkowy, and now Klimov - are going to be working on the same coaching team with Nina Mozer. It's a small world!

@Weve3 the part about parting ways literally made me tear up lol

hanca

Values her privacy
I was actually just thinking how ironic it is that the three guys from the Sochi podium - Trankov, Szolkowy, and now Klimov - are going to be working on the same coaching team with Nina Mozer. It's a small world!
Not for long though. I got the impression that Szolkowy’s cooperation is only temporary. At least in some interview in the past he didn’t know if his contract would be renewed for the following season. How things turned out, Mozer took time off so it was renewed, but Szolkowy has a wife and very young kid, so I can’t see him relocating for too long.

It is interesting too see the skaters moving to coaching. Larionov opened his group a year or two ago. It was advertised as Larionov and Trankov together but then Trankov somehow got out. Maisuradze is apparently helping in Dmitriev’s group. Lipnitskaya and Ilynikh have their occassional skating seminar.

Mad for Skating

Not for long though. I got the impression that Szolkowy’s cooperation is only temporary. At least in some interview in the past he didn’t know if his contract would be renewed for the following season. How things turned out, Mozer took time off so it was renewed, but Szolkowy has a wife and very young kid, so I can’t see him relocating for too long.

It is interesting too see the skaters moving to coaching. Larionov opened his group a year or two ago. It was advertised as Larionov and Trankov together but then Trankov somehow got out. Maisuradze is apparently helping in Dmitriev’s group. Lipnitskaya and Ilynikh have their occassional skating seminar.

Oh thank you for the explanation! I agree Robin might not stick around in that group forever. But I think Fedor and Max will have fun coaching together though, they really balance each other out and work well together.

LarrySK8

Good for Fedor! No more being hassled by a prima donna. No more exposure to her drAma. No more being considered an accessory. No more carrying her luggage. No more having to be off an Olympic team because of a dishonest and unforthcoming partner. Stolbova may be a good skater, but off the ice she appears to be a difficult-to-deal-with "partner" who shows poor partnering skills. She has an abhorrent personality as a sportswoman (the GLARE - remember?).

Mad for Skating

Good for Fedor! No more being hassled by a prima donna. No more exposure to her drAma. No more being considered an accessory. No more carrying her luggage. No more having to be off an Olympic team because of a dishonest and unforthcoming partner. Stolbova may be a good skater, but off the ice she appears to be a difficult-to-deal-with "partner" who shows poor partnering skills. She has an abhorrent personality as a sportswoman (the GLARE - remember?).

Honey, let’s get a few things straight.

The last time I checked, Ksenia has never called Fedor an “accessory”. That label seems to have been slapped on him by the skating fans who don’t appreciate his unique skill, not by Ksenia herself. The same thing happened to Bruno Massot and that’s not Aliona’s fault.

As for the luggage story...I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a man helping a lady with her luggage, especially when she’s as tiny as Ksenia. Fedor was raised to be a gentleman. Maybe you should try it sometime.

And the Olympic ban/uninvitation - unless you have proof that she doped (you don’t!), you can’t pin this one on her. The truth is, nobody knows what happened, so stop pointing fingers.

Oh and yes, the iconic glare. Did you ever stop to consider that it was ONE MOMENT in a nine-year career? It’s true she overreacted in the heat of the moment, but many other skaters have done the same, and I never saw her glare at him again. And I’ve seen her smiling and laughing with him more times than not. But I don’t see anyone making a big deal about every time she flashed a beautiful smile.

Ah well, if you’re still determined to think she’s a prima donna, then I’m not going to stop you...that’s your choice.

Japanfan

As for the luggage story...I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a man helping a lady with her luggage, especially when she’s as tiny as Ksenia.

I don't disagree but would point out that luggage these days has a thing called wheels, which makes it much easier for tiny people to manage.

And airports have these things called luggage carts.

And, women travel by themselves all the time and manage their luggage perfectly fine on their own.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
And the Olympic ban/uninvitation - unless you have proof that she doped (you don’t!), you can’t pin this one on her. The truth is, nobody knows what happened, so stop pointing fingers.
She was the one who wasn't invited. Regardless of what she did or didn't do to deserve not getting an invitation, it wasn't he that wasn't invited. Similarly, it was Bukin who wasn't invited.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

Trust @LarrySK8 to bring the FAKE NEWS. Not the Trump version of "fake news", but news that is actually fake.

Mad for Skating

I don't disagree but would point out that luggage these days has a thing called wheels, which makes it much easier for tiny people to manage.

And airports have these things called luggage carts.

And, women travel by themselves all the time and manage their luggage perfectly fine on their own.

If I remember right, I think he was just helping her hoist her bag into the overhead compartment, not carrying it through the whole airport like a servant. Not that it matters...

She was the one who wasn't invited. Regardless of what she did or didn't do to deserve not getting an invitation, it wasn't he that wasn't invited. Similarly, it was Bukin who wasn't invited.

True. I just have a hard time believing the reasoning behind the non-invitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information