Evgenia Medvedeva Cheer thread

love_skate2011

Banned Member
do you think she can medal at russian nationals ?
she might be competitive if one or two of the 4A stumbles like Anna or Alina

Ka3sha

Just as I mentioned in competition thread, I have never been a big fan of her skating and still can’t say that she is one of my favs , but I was SO proud of her this week! And so so happy for her and all her team!
She has come a long and difficult way and continues to prove that it’s too early to write her off.

Both her programs were definitely one of the greatest highlights of this event. I love her free program and her dress. She has matured and become quite a beautiful young lady. I keep remembering my impressions from 2018 Euros and she has improved so much since then - skating skills, interpretation, even the double axel :)

Also loved this (excerpt from press conference):

kittysk8ts

Evgenia Medvedeva: Free program in Canada we skated together – me and fans

In the interview for Russian Channel 1 Evgenia Medvedeva told how she coped with the unsuccessful short program at the Grand Prix in Canada.

This statement is one of the reasons I love her. What a lovely thing to say.

Sylvia

TBD
Interview with Brian Orser at Rostelecom Cup:

Evgenia's interview in English at Rostelecom Cup:

SkateFanBerlin

Medvedeva is not done.
I was thinking today that it's quirk - almost all the young quaders are in one country - Russia. Med would still be relevant in all other countries - US, Canada, even Japan. She would be in the final group of worlds, if not a podium contender.

feraina

I mean, at least she looks good for placing 4th at nationals. She’s skating better than Zag or Tukt. She could sneak onto the podium if one of the 3A’s falters. Though Trusova showed last week even faltering may not be enough.

I thought it was telling that she said she sees skating as her job now, and Orser said she needs to see it as her job, because she needs to work harder now as an adult. Whereas Zagitova said she skates just for pleasure and not as a job. Not that Eteri would let anyone get away with not working hard at her camp.

Ka3sha

Evgenia launched her own brand and opened online shop & merch

Ka3sha

Series of Channel 1 videos with Evgenia:

Working on SP with Ilya Averbukh

Working on LP with Shae-Lynn Bourne

New Gala program

One day with Evgenia in Toronto

nimi

Watching her SP yesterday I assumed she was skating with new boots that weren't properly broken in. I didn't realize she was in fact skating with a BROKEN DOWN boot until I read this article :eek:
“This is officially the hardest competition of my life. The right boot is broken and is a catastrophe in the true sense of the word,” she explained. “It happened yesterday in practice. I changed boots after Rostelecom Cup, so they are just one month old. There was an unpleasant fall in practice after which it turned out that the boot was broken. We tried to find new ones, but they didn’t have my model and size. There were beginners’ boots in my size — we mounted the blades on them, but it didn’t work. I skated in them last night. Then we switched the blades back to the old boots. We chose the lesser of two bad things. I feel very lost and not good. I tried my best.”
No wonder she had to WD :(

Oh well. I hope she has better luck next season...

believed

I’m sad she won’t get a chance to skate her free at nationals but I am honestly so relieved she withdrew because I was so scared about what would happen with her broken boots :(

Sylvia

TBD
Her Russian interview about withdrawing earlier today:

Summarized by @TAHbKA in the Kiss & Cry section:
Medvedeva explains that it would be dangerous to skate with the current boot. She will be skating in the exhibition without the jumps and her next time on the competitive ice will be in the test skates in September. She will doing the shows and she goes to the Summer Olympics as an official. She learns the quad, there is a progress, now she has time to work on that.
She and her team have chosen her LP music for next season -- Cirque du Soleil's Alegria.

Last edited:

Perky Shae Lynn

I am gutted for Medvedeva, she's fought so hard. At the same time, I feel like I can finally exhale. The worst has happened already. She's off the EC and WC team. But... there is a certain freedom that comes with it, and less pressure. She'll do amazing at whatever she does in years to come.

Fiero425

I am gutted for Medvedeva, she's fought so hard. At the same time, I feel like I can finally exhale. The worst has happened already. She's off the EC and WC team. But... there is a certain freedom that comes with it, and less pressure. She'll do amazing at whatever she does in years to come.

Oh, I guess Russian Nat'ls are over! I need to go check the results! I'm not surprised Medvedeva's just about done! I can't see her having a miraculous rise from the ashes like Slutskaya 20 years ago! :judge:

Sylvia

TBD
Here's her message in Russian:
At the end she mentions (machine translation) "I will do everything to make the next season interesting and eventful" and that she will skate in Averbukh's Wizard of Oz shows from December 30 to January 7 in Moscow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information