Nothing listed for Saturday yet.

PashaFan

So here's our coverage so far.
Thursday 18th January 22-23 hrs Pairs LP
Friday 19th 22-23 hrs Men LP

All tennis I'm afraid :(
Nothing listed for Saturday yet.
Is it because it's in Russia ?.
Awful coverage. The worst ever. Maybe BBC will show the free skates on the Red button.
Thanks for nothing Eurosport.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Is the African Nations Cup on this year as well? Sadly there are more football/soccer and tennis fans than there are skating ones.

PashaFan

Is the African Nations Cup on this year as well? Sadly there are more football/soccer and tennis fans than there are skating ones.
That Australian Open dominates one channel & the most boring sport (is it a sport ?) in the World dominates the other.

oliver32

Why are they going to show repeats of the Australian open during the afternoons instead of the live skating? Doesn't make any sense. Is there another way of watching it? Online somehow?

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
For me when I checked the tv schedule at least eurosport spain and international is showing a lot

Wednesday 17
Eurosport 1
15:45-17:15 Men Short Program Highlights
Eurosport 2
18:30-20:30 Pairs Short Live

Thursday 18
Eurosport 1
17:00-19:50 Pairs Free Skate Live
Eurosport 2
20:30-21:30 Ladies Short Program Highlights

Friday 19
Eurosport 2
17:30-20:00 Men Free Skate Live

Saturday 20
Eurosport 2
18:30-19:30 Ladies Free Skate Highlights
23:15-00:00 Free Dance Highlights

PashaFan

For me when I checked the tv schedule at least eurosport spain and international is showing a lot

Wednesday 17
Eurosport 1
15:45-17:15 Men Short Program Highlights
Eurosport 2
18:30-20:30 Pairs Short Live

Thursday 18
Eurosport 1
17:00-19:50 Pairs Free Skate Live
Eurosport 2
20:30-21:30 Ladies Short Program Highlights

Friday 19
Eurosport 2
17:30-20:00 Men Free Skate Live

Saturday 20
Eurosport 2
18:30-19:30 Ladies Free Skate Highlights
23:15-00:00 Free Dance Highlights
British Eurosport is showing the Australian Open virtually 24 hours a day.

oliver32

I'm a huge tennis fab too but this is really poor. Can you watch Europeans on the eurosport player? I've never used it. I presume you have to pay?

umronnie

I'm a huge tennis fab too but this is really poor. Can you watch Europeans on the eurosport player? I've never used it. I presume you have to pay?
I have the Player subscription and so far coverage has been excellent. The schedule only goes forward 2 weeks, but they seem to have everything live (and without commentary, yay!) to that point, so I assume the same for the weekend.
It is EUR 6.95 per month and I consider it well worth it, even if we had no skating for a month.

oliver32

I have the Player subscription and so far coverage has been excellent. The schedule only goes forward 2 weeks, but they seem to have everything live (and without commentary, yay!) to that point, so I assume the same for the weekend.
It is EUR 6.95 per month and I consider it well worth it, even if we had no skating for a month.

Ah thanks. I'll check it out.

skatefan

Home in England
Does the Eurosport player show programmes which aren't covered on TV?
I already pay extra to have Eurosport on TV and don't want to pay even more if they only show whatever's being broadcast.

tylersf

In the USA, there is coverage of Europeans on the NBC Sports Channel. 4CC is covered, but not all disciplines are broadcast on NBC Sports Channel.

Olympics Channel covers everything for Europeans and 4CC.

oliver32

Does the Eurosport player show programmes which aren't covered on TV?
I already pay extra to have Eurosport on TV and don't want to pay even more if they only show whatever's being broadcast.

I've researched the eurosport player and the ratings are awful with reports of it constantly crashing and affecting devices. Don't think I'll take the risk. There must be some way we can watch it online from the UK. Its 2018

skatefan

Home in England
I've researched the eurosport player and the ratings are awful with reports of it constantly crashing and affecting devices. Don't think I'll take the risk. There must be some way we can watch it online from the UK. Its 2018
If I don't pay for the Eurosport player then I'll probably use one of the Russian feeds, I just prefer to watch on my TV with FSU separate on my laptop :)

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

Never had that happen. :confused:

PashaFan

I googled Contact British Eurosport & complained about the poor coverage of the euros. I doubt I will get a response but I think we should all try to do something. This is the worst coverage since 2013.

PashaFan

I actually received a reply from Eurosport. They apologized & said the matter was being investigated. So please, if you have time, try to contact them too. Maybe if they receive more complaints there is still time to try to change their coverage.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member

I've got the player and it didn't crash or do anything nasty to my computer. :confused: I love it -- good picture quality and no commentary. Occasionally the feed gets wonky and I refresh it. Compared to my Ice Network experiences in the US it's paradise.

oliver32

I've just emailed british eurosport too, saying how disappointed I am with the lack of coverage. Let's see if I get a reply.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Haha! I was just whinging about this to my husband while looking at the coverage for the week.

I used Eurosport Player a bit during the GP, can I stream it from my iPad to my TV like I can You Tube? Am no tecknik in these things.

If I can, I guess my husband will be taking up the overtime on offer at his work this week. :lol:

D

Deleted member 40371

That Australian Open dominates one channel & the most boring sport (is it a sport ?) in the World dominates the other.
Skating fan calling Tennis not as a sport:scream:, if we go around saying this then

Last edited by a moderator:

morqet

rising like a phoenix
Haha! I was just whinging about this to my husband while looking at the coverage for the week.

I used Eurosport Player a bit during the GP, can I stream it from my iPad to my TV like I can You Tube? Am no tecknik in these things.

If I can, I guess my husband will be taking up the overtime on offer at his work this week. :lol:

Yes you can! I chromecast it from the app on my phone to the tv - no problems with buffering and the picture quality is fantastic. Plus there's the option for commentary free coverage.

MsZem

I see the sea
My goodness I remember the days when they showed EVERY CD:eek:
Both the Australian Open and he African Nation's Cup have preempted coverage in the past. In 2009 we were simply lucky that there was no soccer, and it was the very earliest rounds of the Australian Open.

And much as we may hate it, soccer and tennis are more popular than skating.

PashaFan

That is a slight relief, still I won't judge any sport unless that sport is called Cricket...
I was talking about snooker. It really annoys me that BBC is also airing wall to wall snooker when they could be airing the Europeans. So now us in the UK have two channels airing snooker & none airing skating. Madness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information