SqTwW4+SqTwM4
Curve Lift 4
Dance Spin
4 (2 after review)
OFTW3+OFTM3
Choreo Spin Movement
Choreo Character Step Sequence

Choreo Slide Movement

Not quite the same power of performance that they had last season, and a few elements seemed slower than normal. Hopefully they'll get some training time back between now and Worlds.

114.87 = 3rd Place
191.55 = 3rd Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Evgeniia Lopareva/Geoffrey Brissaud 🇫🇷
Coach: R. Petetin, R. Haguenauer, M.-F. Dubreuil
Music: Elegie, Prelude by S. Rachimaninov

Choreo Assisted Jumps
Straight Line Lift 4
DiStW3+DiStM2
Rotational Lift 4
Stationary Lift
3 (4 after review)
OFTW3+OFTM3
SqTwW4+SqTwM4
Dance Spin 4

Choreo Dance Lift

This team is knows how to fill the space on the ice. They are making better use of their power this season, and all the elements have a quality that has made them a contender for the podium this season.

118.70 = 1st Place
197.17 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Allison Reed/Saulius Ambrulevicius 🇱🇹
Coach: M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
Music: Enough of Our Machines, Children

Stationary Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
OFTW3+OFTM3
Curve Lift 4
DiStW2+DiStM3
Choreo Slide Move
Dance Spin
4 (3 after review)

Choreo Dance Lift

It's always such fun to watch an athlete compete at home, and compete well. This crowd for the free dance is amazing, and they got the result they were looking for. I'm still not sure about this program, but they skated well and that's what matters today.

122.64 = 1st Place
203.37 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Lilah Fear/Lewis Gibson 🇬🇧
Coach: R. Haguenauer, P. Lauzon, M.-F. Dubreuil
Music: Gonna Fly Now (Rocky), Eye of the Tiger

OFTW3+OFTM3
SyTwW4+SyTwM3 (Fear: 3 after review; Gibson: 4 after review)
DiStW3+DiStM4
Choreo Assisted Jumps
Dance Spin 3 - loss of balance at the exit of the spin
Curve Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Slide Movement

Stationary Lift 4

I still don't see how this is a free dance, because it doesn't have an identifiable dance element to it. That being said the program is a lot of fun, and they are great performers. One small issue at the end of the dance spin, but otherwise another strong skate for Fear/Gibson.

125.62 = 1st Place
210.82 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Charlene Guignard/Marco Fabbri 🇮🇹
Coach: Barbara Fusar Poli, Roberto Pelizzola
Music: The Theory of Everything

Choreo Assisted Jumps
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
Curve Lift 4 + Rotational Lift4
CiStW3+CiStM3
Dance Spin 4
OFTW
4+OFTM3 (both 3 after review)
Choreo Slide Movement

Stationary Lift 4

Stunning. A beautiful program with unique choreography, and they delivered it so well.

127.58 = 1st Place
214.38 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
It showed up on the tracker (level 1). Do you think they'll pull it during review?
I wasn't sure - if you miss the entry of element you usually can't restart it because it's considered a separate element, and for example, they're only allowed one dance spin. In this case the technical panel ruled that the dance spin was level 1 after review.

peibeck

Simply looking
God help me, I watched the truncated Peacock replay and while Ben Agosto was informative, having Johnny Weir also add his perspective was just beyond cringe inducing.

As for the skating, thank goodness the Brits were sloppy today, although the results were still far too close, imo. For the FD, I would have had the Italians first and the two French teams in second and third.

Even with the mistakes, the Czech's "Swan Lake" was vastly superior to Davis/Smolkin's "Swamp Lake" with its extremely rough transitions and messy lifts and bizarre music edits. D/S's over scoring was embarrassing.

Of course it was nice to see Saulius medal at home, but that program really doesn't do anything for me. And Allison gets a lifetime achievement medal. Maybe they will retire after this season if the Olympics still seem impossible?

Icetalavista

God help me, I watched the truncated Peacock replay and while Ben Agosto was informative, having Johnny Weir also add his perspective was just beyond cringe inducing.

As for the skating, thank goodness the Brits were sloppy today, although the results were still far too close, imo. For the FD, I would have had the Italians first and the two French teams in second and third.

Even with the mistakes, the Czech's "Swan Lake" was vastly superior to Davis/Smolkin's "Swamp Lake" with its extremely rough transitions and messy lifts and bizarre music edits. D/S's over scoring was embarrassing.

Of course it was nice to see Saulius medal at home, but that program really doesn't do anything for me. And Allison gets a lifetime achievement medal. Maybe they will retire after this season if the Olympics still seem impossible?
I had not heard Ben Agosto before and was wondering who this insightful commentator was. Johnny is insufferable. The pretention, the name-dropping, the passive aggression with Terry, the attention-seeking ‘aren’t I outrageous’ comments. I know people have posted here how to get complaints to the network, and even if peacock ignores mine it would do my mental health good to send them my opinions.

airgelaal

By the way, I looked at the scores of every judge. Only 3 judges put the Italians in second place: Great Britain and Lithuania (IAM judges) and !Georgia!
Now let’s see who put Georgia higher: Georgia (understandable) and !Great Britain and Lithuania!
Maybe mama Eteri wants to change coaches? :shuffle:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
If Smolkin doesn’t have to be in the US for a green card, Montreal is certainly a more interesting place to than where they’re training now.

Given how Tutberidze‘s coaching plan is to set all of her women up in constant competition to see who survives, maybe she would support placing her daughter in a (mostly) “best of the best” environment.

At least their programs and packaging would be more tasteful.

Maybe ET was testing out the “loyalty” of the judges before going there. I don’t see any IAM conflicts at Euros at the D/S level of the pack now. Surely everyone in ID is looking at a shift at IAM in the next couple of years, with Chock/Bates, Reed/Ambrulevicius, Fournier/Beaudry, maybe Gibson (will be 32 in 2026), who were 4 of the top 7 in Saitama expected to retire or maybe F/G after a 2027 WC attempt if they don’t get a 2026 post Olympics title. Plus Gilles/Poirier and Guinard/Fabbri are expected to retire by 2026 the latest. Other IAM current IAM teams in the top 15 are Lopareva/Brissaud, who feel like they’re at the cusp of a breakthrough, and Carreira/Ponomarenko at the Ontario satellite. (At least until she doesn’t have to maintain residency in the US?). They still have some teams that could work their way up, and others who want to compete and try to break into the second group in the FD. But in light of an inevitable reshuffle in 2026, IAM might be the best place for D/S to make a jump, even if Zanni is closer to ET in Russia.

The rest of the top of the current field is on the young side and spread out among training centers: Fusar-Poli, Zanni, Margoglio, White, etc.

skatingguy

decently
If Smolkin doesn’t have to be in the US for a green card, Montreal is certainly a more interesting place to than where they’re training now.

Given how Tutberidze‘s coaching plan is to set all of her women up in constant competition to see who survives, maybe she would support placing her daughter in a (mostly) “best of the best” environment.

At least their programs and packaging would be more tasteful.

Maybe ET was testing out the “loyalty” of the judges before going there. I don’t see any IAM conflicts at Euros at the D/S level of the pack now. Surely everyone in ID is looking at a shift at IAM in the next couple of years, with Chock/Bates, Reed/Ambrulevicius, Fournier/Beaudry, maybe Gibson (will be 32 in 2026), who were 4 of the top 7 in Saitama expected to retire or maybe F/G after a 2027 WC attempt if they don’t get a 2026 post Olympics title. Plus Gilles/Poirier and Guinard/Fabbri are expected to retire by 2026 the latest. Other IAM current IAM teams in the top 15 are Lopareva/Brissaud, who feel like they’re at the cusp of a breakthrough, and Carreira/Ponomarenko at the Ontario satellite. (At least until she doesn’t have to maintain residency in the US?). They still have some teams that could work their way up, and others who want to compete and try to break into the second group in the FD. But in light of an inevitable reshuffle in 2026, IAM might be the best place for D/S to make a jump, even if Zanni is closer to ET in Russia.

The rest of the top of the current field is on the young side and spread out among training centers: Fusar-Poli, Zanni, Margoglio, White, etc.
That's a great analysis of the current ice dance situation, but how could you leave out Lajoie/Lagha. :drama:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Wasn't the word on the street in the summer of 2022 that IAM said no to DavSmo when Eteri approached them?

If things have changed and IAM is interested, then I suppose it's possible a switch could be in the post-season offing. And if Gleb still needs to be in the US for green card/citizenship purposes, they could go the CarPon route and wind up at IAM-lite - they could even ride-share with Christina, lol.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
you'd think I'd love this program because I'm sure it's evident I have trash taste but I just can't the ice pushups fill me with rage
I think I would love it if it were an exhibition, but it's grating as a competitive program.

I'm very excited for the rise of Demougeot and le Mercier. They are one of my favorite young teams after seeing them live at Skate America last season!

I'm going to start calling the Euros Ice Dance Bronze Medal the "thank you so much for hosting" medal. :lol:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
We haven't seen Hawayek/Baker for more than a year, and Chan/Howe haven't compete this season, and you don't shut up about either of them. Lajoie/Lagha miss one event and suddenly it's like they never existed. :mad::angryfire:drama::fragile::inavoid::p
Uhm... My post was a light jest. Chillax.

Also, there are a lot of other FSUers who constantly ask about HawBak's status. I'll admit I mention Chan/Howe frequently but I fail to see their relevance to a dance discussion... :shuffle:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Outta sight, outta mind - that's what happens when you WD from CanNats, lol.
No, it's because they weren't at Worlds last year, and I'd forgotten why.

Because, at the same time, I was thinking that, if today were magically transported to post 2026, my dream podium would be Lajoie/Langha, Demougeot/Le Mercier, and about five teams tied for bronze.

Marta24

No, it's because they weren't at Worlds last year, and I'd forgotten why.

Because, at the same time, I was thinking that, if today were magically transported to post 2026, my dream podium would be Lajoie/Langha, Demougeot/Le Mercier, and about five teams tied for bronze.
I would love that podium + the Mrazeks of course :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information