Early 2023 Worlds Dance Top 10 Poll

Who will make top 10?

• Total voters

chantilly

Where is La/ La?

Do you consider them qualifiers as alternates? Even though they are not likely to compete barring injury withdrawals?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Where is La/ La?

Do you consider them qualifiers as alternates? Even though they are not likely to compete barring injury withdrawals?
Canada has two spots for Worlds. Not entirely clear on your post, but I read it as you asking whether GPF alternates should be considered for top 10 at Worlds.

chantilly

Canada has two spots for Worlds. Not entirely clear on your post, but I read it as you asking whether GPF alternates should be considered for top 10 at Worlds.
Ugh. Yes sorry. I keep forgetting that.
So disappointing.
We’ve had three spots for so long.
Hopefully we get them back next year.

trainingdogs82

The good news is I think it would be a shock of all shocks for Canada to somehow not regain 3 spots at worlds this year. Just imagining a scenario it doesn't happen is literally impossible. Last year they were always going to be on the bubble anyway, even with no Russians, as neither Gilles & Poirier or Fourner Beaudry & Sorensen were having great seasons. It wasn't that big a surprise to lose it. This year their combined expected placings at this point add up to roughly something like 5 so imagine ever going over 13.

alj5

• Turkkila/Versluis
  • Wang/Liu
  • Reed/Ambrulevicius
  • Green/Parsons
in some order

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Hmph!!!!!! I protest that you included GreenP but did not leave open the possibility that the US #3 could be CarPon!!!!!! Either way, US #3 will probably be in the top 10.
Thats why I didn’t vote for Green/Parsons; far from sure they’ll be there. Barring injury, I think R/A and L/B are safe bets plus US #3.

lauravvv

• Turkkila/Versluis
  • Wang/Liu
  • Reed/Ambrulevicius
  • Green/Parsons
in some order
I don't think there is a place for Wang/Liu in the Worlds top 10 this season given how they've been scoring thus far. Of course, their scores are expected to improve, but there are still several teams more likely to make top 10 than them, most notably Lopareva/Brissaud.

trainingdogs82

Green & Parsons really looked on the rise last season, and many were predicting them to firmly pass Hawayek & Baker this season, and challenge Chock & Bates for US #1 status. Instead it is Hawayak & Baker who are challenging Chock & Bates for US #1 status and clearly distanced from them after being neck and neck last season, and they are in a fight to even hang onto #3 and get to worlds.

alj5

I don't think there is a place for Wang/Liu in the Worlds top 10 this season given how they've been scoring thus far. Of course, their scores are expected to improve, but there are still several teams more likely to make top 10 than them, most notably Lopareva/Brissaud.

I don't know how I forgot about Lopareva/Brissaud. Yes, Lop/Bris are more likely to be in the top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information