does anyone use their own music?

treesprite

I'm wondering if any skaters who also play instruments, ever use recordings of themselves for skating programs.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Are you asking only other adult skaters for their experience at adult comps? Tim Dolensky has skated to his own recordings of his own compositions.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Dmitri Dmitrenko who competed for Ukraine in the mid '90s composed and performed his own music for several of his programs. Eric Radford composed and performed the music for one of Patrick Chan's programs and IIRC other skaters have used his music as well.

Clarice

No, but my son just did a custom remix of the cut I did for my daughter's newest program. It's for solo dance, and needed a more audible beat.

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Kind of? This season I used another artist's song for my FS, but recorded some overdubs to smooth out transitions. I only did that because I knew it would be easy to record a guitar overdub and it wasn't a ton of work.

As for my own stuff, I don't necessarily make music that's well-suited for the ice. And though I consider my work to be interdisciplinary in some aspects/use it as an opportunity to explore particular loci, this would feel like a huge overreach for me. And though I've participated in performance art work, I don't consider myself to be that kind of artist, or even a "dancer" by any stretch of the imagination. I guess this is my fancy art school way of saying I'd feel like a giant egomaniac if I attempted this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information