Delayed Gratification - The 2022 Baseball Thread

Lacey

This was the only non-skating news I got all weekend while I was at SA! Amazing run for the Phils. On to the Worlds Series.

Go Phillies
This team has had several heroes this fall, but the Phillies also play as a TEAM,
if one doesn't get a hit or home run, then another will. On to VICTORY!!!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Betcha Fox is rethinking all the money spent on TV and streaming rights. Two mid market teams.

Lacey

Betcha Fox is rethinking all the money spent on TV and streaming rights. Two mid market teams.
Nah, some may consider the Phillies mid market, but I think there are tons of Phillies fans listening to each and every game. Only trouble is that the Fox commentators are so biased against the Phils, who won, and don't know their season/year info as well as our own local commentators, Tom McCarthy and John Kruk, who have been set aside...

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
The national commentators always seem to be biased against the National League team. I already heard one of them say that they expected the World Series to go four games to the Astros.

Of course, they said that about the Giants in 2012 against the Tigers and well, they were wrong :saint:

MsZem

I see the sea
Every team's fans thinks the national commentators are biased against their team in favor of the Yankees/Dodgers/Red Sox. And probably their fans think there's bias against those teams, too.

Anyway, there where a bunch of fun potential matchups and storylines when the playoffs started, this is not one of them, see you all in 2023 ;)

("Touch Them All" would still make a great thread title @PrincessLeppard)

Firedancer

Every team's fans thinks the national commentators are biased against their team in favor of the Yankees/Dodgers/Red Sox. And probably their fans think there's bias against those teams, too.

Anyway, there where a bunch of fun potential matchups and storylines when the playoffs started, this is not one of them, see you all in 2023 ;)

("Touch Them All" would still make a great thread title @PrincessLeppard)

This is definitely true. Yankees fans hate listening to national commentators too. I’m done for the year too. But I do hope the Phillies win. Anyone but the Astros!

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
The national commentators always seem to be biased against the National League team. I already heard one of them say that they expected the World Series to go four games to the Astros.

Of course, they said that about the Giants in 2012 against the Tigers and well, they were wrong :saint:
Given that the Astros just swept the Yankees who aren't exactly chopped liver, I don't think its unreasonable to think the Astros will steamroll the Phillies. But the Phillies look like they've hit a magic run and they can surprise everyone.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Heh heh heh. I rarely watch baseball since DH is not a sports fan but I caught the end of the game. The Astros will always be cheaters in my mind so doubly nice.

Philly and Houston are NOT mid-market. Philly is the 4th largest media market and Houston is 8th.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Hopefully things will go better for the Phils on the return to Philly. I agree, the Stros will always be cheaters in my book, even though I like Dusty Baker.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Go Phillies now, since I’m working tonight! Take another at home!!

MsZem

I see the sea
This World Series was a "plague on both their houses" situation, but I have family in Houston so at least this result will make them happy.

On to the awards!

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Calling @PrincessLeppard time for a 2023 baseball thread. Pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training today!

Meanwhile we have new rules this year:

Pitch clock, larger bases, permanent ghost runners in extra innings. "Players, managers and umpires will face a new set of challenges starting in spring training. There will be growing pains." I'll bet.

I'm for speeding things up as the games have gotten absurdly long but I think the pitch clock is going to be a work in progress. :eek: I like the larger bases and I hate the extra inning ghost runners, but OTOH I hate extra innings so its kind of a wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information