Chinese skating news & social media updates pt. 5, 2023 onwards

On My Own

Did golden spin not count for SB, or is it just not updated yet (checking Jin's isuresults page)?

crzesk8dad

Where am I? How do I get off? Do I get ice cream?
Gris, have you heard anything about the Junior FS events at Chinese Winter Games being moved up to January due to a conflict?

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Gris, have you heard anything about the Junior FS events at Chinese Winter Games being moved up to January due to a conflict?

Yes, the Junior events will take place from January 17 to 19.

Thank you for asking! It was first announced around the end of November (the General Administration of Sport published a general schedule of NWG) but I didn't notice it.

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Nationals (Dec. 22-24) entries:

Women (37): Yuqiao Zheng, Muhan Zhang, Yuhan Li, Xiangyi An, Shuxian Jin, Ruiyang Zhang, Shiqi Gao, Yixuan Zhang, Wandi Xu, Yinxi Li, Yihan Wang (Beijing), Ruotang Li, Xizi Wang, Yiyun Wen, Yi Zhu, Guanru Jin, Wantong Geng, Jiaqi Fang, Jiaying Cheng, Tong Mo, Yuxuan Liu, Yihan Wang (Harbin), Wanyi Sun, Yuxuan Xing, Ruoran Pan, Mengqi Zhang, Jiaxin Shi, Hongyi Chen, Xuanyu Liu, Qingyu Pang, Xuhan Zhou, Yixuan Ding, Hengxin Jin, Lutong Li, Can Huang, Joanna So (HKG), Ariel Guo (HKG)

Men (32): Peitong Chen, Yudong Chen, Zheng Gong, Mutong Liu, Zichen Ma, Yihe Sun, Ziyu Wang, He Zhang, Ruiyang Zhang, Guangye Zhao, Jiarui Li, Kunze Wang, Yinbo Dong, Pengrui Li, Zhiming Peng, Daiwei Dai, Junxiao Lang, Jian Gao, Wenbao Han, Zhiao Jiang, Juwen Xu, Zhuolang Li, Zexin Wang, Mingda Li, Geruiqi Mei, Zhile Yu, Hanyu Zhao, Zhibo Qu, Kwun Hung Leung (HKG), Lap Kan Yuen (HKG), Heung Lai Zhao (HKG), Wayne Wing Yin Chung (HKG)

Pairs (13): Cheng Peng / Lei Wang, Yixi Yang / Shunyang Deng, Youmei Sun / Ze'en Li, Siyang Zhang / Yongchao Yang, Ye Jia / Tianyang Zhang, Yuchen Wang / Lei Zhu, Wenning Shi / Zhiyu Wang, Xuanqi Zhang / Wenqiang Feng, Yunjie Wang / Helin Liu, Rui Guo / Yiwen Zhang, Hanyue Luan / Zichen Ge, Yiqing Zhang / Yongzheng Chen, Jiaxuan Zhang / Yihang Huang

Dance (13): Shang Shi / Nan Wu, Lingxuan Meng / Lang Chen, Zixi Xiao / Linghao He, Xizi Chen / Jianing Xing, Meihong Zhang / Bolin Meng, Xinran Shao / Junting Li, Yu Lu / Chenhang Zhang, Xinyi Yu / Tianyi Liu, Xiuya Yin / Zhouhao Ji, Yutong Wang / Pintian Wang, Xiaoxi Li / Yueyang Wang, Luchang Cao / Jianxu Chen, Ran Kang / Han Wan Chau (HKG)

ETA Thread in the K&C section: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2023-chinese-nationals-dec-22-24-in-chengde.111374/

Last edited:

shirleyfryeburg

Nationals (Dec. 22-24) entries:

Women (37): Yuqiao Zheng, Muhan Zhang, Yuhan Li, Xiangyi An, Shuxian Jin, Ruiyang Zhang, Shiqi Gao, Yixuan Zhang, Wandi Xu, Yinxi Li, Yihan Wang (Beijing), Ruotang Li, Xizi Wang, Yiyun Wen, Yi Zhu, Guanru Jin, Wantong Geng, Jiaqi Fang, Jiaying Cheng, Tong Mo, Yuxuan Liu, Yihan Wang (Harbin), Wanyi Sun, Yuxuan Xing, Ruoran Pan, Mengqi Zhang, Jiaxin Shi, Hongyi Chen, Xuanyu Liu, Qingyu Pang, Xuhan Zhou, Yixuan Ding, Hengxin Jin, Lutong Li, Can Huang, Joanna So (HKG), Ariel Guo (HKG)

Men (32): Peitong Chen, Yudong Chen, Zheng Gong, Mutong Liu, Zichen Ma, Yihe Sun, Ziyu Wang, He Zhang, Ruiyang Zhang, Guangye Zhao, Jiarui Li, Kunze Wang, Yinbo Dong, Pengrui Li, Zhiming Peng, Daiwei Dai, Junxiao Lang, Jian Gao, Wenbao Han, Zhiao Jiang, Juwen Xu, Zhuolang Li, Zexin Wang, Mingda Li, Geruiqi Mei, Zhile Yu, Hanyu Zhao, Zhibo Qu, Kwun Hung Leung (HKG), Lap Kan Yuen (HKG), Heung Lai Zhao (HKG), Wayne Wing Yin Chung (HKG)

Pairs (13): Cheng Peng / Lei Wang, Yixi Yang / Shunyang Deng, Youmei Sun / Ze'en Li, Siyang Zhang / Yongchao Yang, Ye Jia / Tianyang Zhang, Yuchen Wang / Lei Zhu, Wenning Shi / Zhiyu Wang, Xuanqi Zhang / Wenqiang Feng, Yunjie Wang / Helin Liu, Rui Guo / Yiwen Zhang, Hanyue Luan / Zichen Ge, Yiqing Zhang / Yongzheng Chen, Jiaxuan Zhang / Yihang Huang

Dance (13): Shang Shi / Nan Wu, Lingxuan Meng / Lang Chen, Zixi Xiao / Linghao He, Xizi Chen / Jianing Xing, Meihong Zhang / Bolin Meng, Xinran Shao / Junting Li, Yu Lu / Chenhang Zhang, Xinyi Yu / Tianyi Liu, Xiuya Yin / Zhouhao Ji, Yutong Wang / Pintian Wang, Xiaoxi Li / Yueyang Wang, Luchang Cao / Jianxu Chen, Ran Kang / Han Wan Chau (HKG)

ETA Thread in the K&C section: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2023-chinese-nationals-dec-22-24-in-chengde.111374/
it's interesting that Wang/Liu isn't participating .

On My Own

it's interesting that Wang/Liu isn't participating .
And since they're not top 50, it means they've not qualified for 4CC either...

ETA: That's a lot of skaters btw, who even knew there were these many lol. @Gris why is Yudong also appearing in Senior nationals? Just for 4CC? Why risk further injury?

Last edited:

Karen-W

Is that a coup happening behind that blue curtain?
And since they're not top 50, it means they've not qualified for 4CC either...

ETA: That's a lot of skaters btw, who even knew there were these many lol. @Gris why is Yudong also appearing in Senior nationals? Just for 4CC? Why risk further injury?
RE: Wang/Liu and 4CCs - there are only 4 teams with the TES mins, 2 of whom aren't participating in Nats (them and Xuantong Li/Xinkang Wang). Is it possible they could be selected?

raruki

There is a rumor saying that AN Xiangyi has withdrawn from the Nationals.
She may automatically disqualify the spots of 4CC next year because she doesn't participate in the Nationals or rank in the TOP50 in world ranking this season.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
She may automatically disqualify the spots of 4CC next year because she doesn't participate in the Nationals or rank in the TOP50 in world ranking this season.

And she doesn't have the mins for Worlds - will she get a Senior B event if no 4CC for her?

raruki

And she doesn't have the mins for Worlds - will she get a Senior B event if no 4CC for her?
I believe she wants to have more time to recover and put all her energies into the National(Universal) winter games. So she probably will not attend any senior B to earn the Mins for the Worlds.

Karen-W

I believe she wants to have more time to recover and put all her energies into the National(Universal) winter games. So she probably will not attend any senior B to earn the Mins for the worlds.
Do the National Winter Games take up the entire months of January and February? The last senior B she could attend to get the TES mins is Challenge Cup the last week of February in the Netherlands.

raruki

Do the National Winter Games take up the entire months of January and February? The last senior B she could attend to get the TES mins is Challenge Cup the last week of February in the Netherlands.
The junior competitions will start a month earlier before the NWG, the senior ones will kick off during the NWG in February.

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Senior NWG will take place from Feb. 21 to 26 so Challenge Cup won't work for Chinese skaters. But there are also other Senior Bs they can go to and I really hope Xiangyi (and Hongyi too) can get one because they're only less than 2 points away from the Worlds TES mins.

Karen-W

The junior competitions will start a month earlier before the NWG, the senior ones will kick off during the NWG in February.
Well, she doesn't seem to be competing Junior now at all, so there's no reason to not send her somewhere like Bavarian Open at the end of January

Samurina

Well, she doesn't seem to be competing Junior now at all, so there's no reason to not send her somewhere like Bavarian Open at the end of January
well i think Chen/Zhu and one of Cheng or Jin will go to 4CC and whoever does best combined w NWG will go to worlds. As much as i love her, I honestly think it is time for AN to rest and hopefully recoup some of her technical and maybe start fresh next season. She looked rly bad at CoC and if she wants any hope of a top 10 at the Olympics she needs to take some time off.

On My Own

Senior NWG will take place from Feb. 21 to 26 so Challenge Cup won't work for Chinese skaters. But there are also other Senior Bs they can go to and I really hope Xiangyi (and Hongyi too) can get one because they're only less than 2 points away from the Worlds TES mins.
Well if Hongyi wins nationals then she can go to earn them at 4cc right? Or does she not have mins for 4cc? Same for Beverly.

I hope An recovers. If she can't go to worlds, at least she can reset for next season.

Karen-W

Well if Hongyi wins nationals then she can go to earn them at 4cc right? Or does she not have mins for 4cc? Same for Beverly.

I hope An recovers. If she can't go to worlds, at least she can reset for next season.
All three have the 4CCs TES mins.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Well then Hongyi and Beverly can definitely end up having two shots at world mins, if cfed chooses.

I am personally rooting for Hongyi I guess. Would be nice after not getting to go for Beijing.

No hate, but I frankly don't see Yi aka Beverly earn Worlds mins - the SP portion (32.00) is the harder one to get and her SP TES today at Nationals is only 22.55. Same for Jiaying Cheng (who already has the FS one but lacks the SP one).

I said I wanted Xiangyi (if she feels well enough to compete, of course) and Hongyi to have another event partly because they already have the SP min and are very close to the FS min.

Anyway CFSA should really send more skaters to Senior Bs - I know Hongyi will have another shot at Worlds mins at 4CC but it won't hurt to have one more chance. BTW, rumor says that Jiaying asked to go to two Senior Bs using her own money back in October, one in France (Trophee Metropole Nice, which she ended up competing at) and another one in UK (I assume it's the Tayside Trophy) but only one was approved. Like... Why?

On My Own

No hate, but I frankly don't see Yi aka Beverly earn Worlds mins - the SP portion (32.00) is the harder one to get and her SP TES today at Nationals is only 22.55. Same for Jiaying Cheng (who already has the FS one but lacks the SP one).
Haven't watched - but I think they should send them to senior Bs as much as they can. Xiangyi not being at 4CC would mean they'll be three different ladies in 4CC to earn the mins anyway. If any of those three earns the requisite mins, it'll all be fine (since two only need one program each it's easier to expect it). Jiaying will only need to work her butt off for the SP - since it's only three jumps, she can keep her focus, and pick her easiest jumps for it. And maybe homeground advantage will win it for her.

Anyway CFSA should really send more skaters to Senior Bs
They clearly focused quite a bit on figure skating this season, so maybe next season will be even better. Hopefully, each 'top' skater gets two shots at CS/senior Bs. Jin got two CS events, maybe P/W would have too had they not been a completely fresh team. But hopefully the rest will too. Next season, Yudong has no choice but to compete in seniors, and he's with Raf. Maybe he'll get two as well. At least one CS each anyway.

BTW, rumor says that Jiaying asked to go to two Senior Bs using her own money back in October, one in France (Trophee Metropole Nice, which she ended up competing at) and another one in UK (I assume it's the Tayside Trophy) but only one was approved. Like... Why?
I mean, visa? IDK. I don't think it's so easy to get visas out of China, but could be wrong. And CFed itself is very bureaucratic. And then I'm sure there are all those official/personnel things that I know nothing about, which aren't all on the skater (and I doubt Jiaying and/or her family would have funded all that).

Last edited:

Gris

不做奴才做公民
I mean, visa? IDK. I don't think it's so easy to get visas out of China, but could be wrong.

:confused: What does visa have to do with it, it's not like CFSA is the authority to issue visas to skaters? The "approval" here = skaters need CFSA to sign them up for the international events. In Jiaying's case it's rumored that CFSA just refused to sign her up for the "Senior B in UK".

I guess official/personnel cost may be an explanation - but not a very convincing one. They were going to France anyway, the marginal cost of an extra trip to UK wouldn't be much.

My theory is that CFSA just didn't think such an "obscure" skater "deserved" this "many" international competitions. :shuffle:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
The only time I can remember a skater being entered by being invited by an organizer, rather than the 99.99% that they are entered by the Federation, was in 2013, for Miki Ando for her comeback after the birth of her daughter. One of her sponsors was a Nebelhorn sponsor, at least that year, and it was a big :COP: at the time.

On My Own

:confused: What does visa have to do with it, it's not like CFSA is the authority to issue visas to skaters?

Wouldn't visas be expedited by the federation?

Look IDK.

They were going to France anyway, the marginal cost of an extra trip to UK wouldn't be much.

Well that's fair.

My theory is that CFSA just didn't think such an "obscure" skater "deserved" this "many" international competitions. :shuffle:

Well they also didn't utilize their JGP spots properly, in my opinion anyway. CFSA is probably always going to be cheap though.

raruki

BTW, rumor says that Jiaying asked to go to two Senior Bs using her own money back in October, one in France (Trophee Metropole Nice, which she ended up competing at) and another one in UK (I assume it's the Tayside Trophy) but only one was approved. Like... Why?
Not rumor, It is true. CFSA and Chinese winters sport managing body issued an announcement lat year asking the athletes who wanted to compete internationally have to cover their own expenses by themselves or their local teams or clubs unless you are about to compete in GP series or major international events. They have received very limited budget after Beijing Olympic, and they have to allocate their money into some events which can ensure more medals and more revenues, like short-track speed skating.

On My Own

Not rumor, It is true. CFSA and Chinese winters sport managing body issued an announcement lat year asking the athletes who wanted to compete internationally have to cover their own expenses by themselves or their local teams or clubs unless you are about to compete in GP series or major international events. They have received very limited budget after Beijing Olympic, and they have to allocate their money into some events which can ensure more medals and more revenues, like short-track speed skating.
Gris is saying the rumour is she wanted to fund herself for two but only got approved for one. At least how I understood it.

Not that she wanted to fund herself was the rumour.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information