CBC Revives Battle of the Blades Skating Show!

Colonel Green

Performance #3: Violetta & P.J.
Music: "Crazy" by Patsy Cline

Another team going for the soft approach. These two have competed before, and you can tell that. As with Kaitlyn & Sheldon, none of the really showy pairs moves here and they wouldn't fit the song.

Scores: 5.7, 5.6, 5.6.

Last edited:

Desperado

Seeing Violetta skate and enjoy herself so much makes me so very happy. A big thank you to P.J. for making it happen.

rdavies

PJ was never the best skater but I thought he did great here! However, V still does most of the work
I would say his emotive ability is 1000% percent better than the last time, as I said before, much more mature, which is great for a guy who makes his living generally playing the clown

Colonel Green

Performance #4: Natalie & Andrew
Music: "You Make It Easy" by Jason Aldean

Playing up their (pretty good) chemistry, and Natalie's one of the better skaters among the hockey players. Andrew has some slight trouble lifting her. This program was definitely Marie-France catnip.

Scores: 5.9, 5.8, 5.7.

honey

I enjoyed their ice chemistry which was better than all of the couples I’ve seen so far.

I think their chemistry was the best part of their program tonight, but don’t agree it was better than everyone else’s. I enjoyed them the first two weeks, just felt it was fine but not great tonight. Surprised to see all the love for it.

rdavies

I first thought that was really harsh, but now I’m starting to see it. And I ❤ M-F...
Moi aussi, that's why I found it strange, and the extended on ice monologue made me ponder the idea even more.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Performance #5: Vanessa & Bryan
Music: "Cowboy Casanova" by Carrie Underwood

These two definitely know that the big tricks are their only shot, and they bring them. There's still little to no sense of connection, however hard Vanessa is working.

Scores: 5.7, 5.7, 5.6.

That's because she's the size of a "normal" man. It was always going to be an issue but I don't think they've really struggled with it, just minor issues.
I agree it was always going to be an issue, and I don't think it's egregious or anything, it's just more notable compared to, say, Sheldon lifting Kaitlyn.

rdavies

One of the best "looks" of the show so far, check out Shelly's face at the beginning of his routine, fantastic.

Colonel Green

Performance #7: Ekaterina & Bruno
Music: "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran

Uh, I don't think that music fits the theme. Just because it's acoustic ≠ country. That aside, much more natural and fluid than Vanessa & Bryan. Should comfortably win.

Scores: 5.8, 5.9, 5.8.

Last edited:

honey

Too bad that they were in the skate off. Great skate, but agree that is not a country song lol.

While I don’t think Vanessa and Brian were going to last past next week, I think they were superior to Amanda/Colton and it’s too bad they’re clearly going home.

rdavies

The dancers win the night again.

McGrattan's got to be going home (as we go into commercial break). I saw some emotive improvement in him but the skating still wasn't there.

I'll have to watch again and see who took the night. spoon or shelly, I think the spoon might have won this one, but I'll watch it again to confirm... or not

rdavies

Watching again, have to suffer through Ron's country version of "surfer boy". Something's wrong, it seems to offend me less :)

On second viewing Orr/Evora better than I thought but still outta the league of the other teams. PJ/V also better second time around, nice routine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information