Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

AquaLady

Madison and Zach are featured in this week's edition of the Icenetwork Ice Talk podcast (they start at about the 26 minute mark):
Ep. 23: Kiira Korpi/Madison Hubbell http://web.icenetwork.com/fans/icetalk
Love them! Interesting to hear Zach talking about his partnership with Piper...

Gotta admit, I was not a fan of their SD at the beginning of the season, but it has certainly grew on me over the past competitions. I now enjoy watching it. They really know how to sell the program! Hardwork always pays off! Madi and Zach have come such a long way and I'm really proud of them, despite the unfortunate mishaps recently. Hope they'll be able to pull it off at Worlds!

semogal

I love their interviews. Very interesting to learn they had a "PC" short dance in reserve but decided to stay with their original program and keep tweeking it. And I gotta say, they blew me away with it at Nationals.

Wishing them the very best of luck at Worlds.

blancanieves

Very interesting interview...always find them fun to listen to.

They sound in great spirits. For me it was fascinating to be reminded just how huge the mental game aspect is in an athlete's preparation. For all the necessary physical training, you can't win without mental readiness. So much good luck to them. I hope they end their season happy.

semogal

I finally got around to downloading my camera from US Nationals and the ONLY decent photo of the week is of Madison and Zach. As a photographer, I stink but I have great taste in skaters! Meeting them is my favorite memory of KC so I would have been crushed if it wasn't good.

clairecloutier

YES!!!! Oh. My. God. When the TES tracker hit 40 ... I started yelling at the screen!

They were DYNAMITE today. This is what they've been capable of all along and finally they DID IT. The speed, the power, the edges, second to none IMO. Honestly, I thought they were the best today technically, even better than V/M. They were just a little bit stronger, more flow, I thought, than V/M, but that's just me.

I am thrilled. They got SO MUCH negative feedback about this program, but they stuck with it, had faith in themselves, now they're in THIRD PLACE AT WORLDS!!

Forgive my excitement, I'm just thrilled for them. And I think the placement is totally fair and deserved, and actually I probably would've had them higher myself. :slinkaway

Cherub721

YEAH!
To think so many of us were worried about this SD costing them placements at Worlds. :lol: Funny how things work out! IMO, they've been the best US dance team for a while and it's nice to see that reflected in results where none of the teams had obvious mistakes/stumbles. Their FD is the strongest of the 3 as well. Hoping the podium stays the same.

girlscouse62

I love these two and believe they have been better than Chock and Bates for a long time. Would like to see them beat P/C and grab silver medal!

topaz

Ya'll know I am still so happy and proud of them today. I do agree they should have been placed 2nd. Their PCS score should be higher.

Hopefully today is the inspiration to push to be the US #1 team, as they should be :)

I hope, want them to skate their very best in the free dance and they skate last. If they skate this program with the connection they are known for and the tech. prowess today, they have an excellent shot of being on the podium.

Last edited:

blancanieves

For those attending SOI this spring, you can place a bid to meet Hubbell & Donohue at one of the shows:

Bid to meet Madison and Zach

And, about that SD today, what a skate!! What an unforgettable moment. Everyone wants to experience happiness, but there is something beautiful about being genuinely happy for someone else, and this is one of those occasions. I'm so happy for them. I hope they lay down their FD just the way they want to tomorrow!!

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
They were amazing yesterday!! That is exactly how they needed to skate that SD, I was over the moon when I read the results/got to watch finally. I'll be honest, I do think the PCS would have been higher if it was a better program (they did win me over with it yesterday at last, but still), but I'm so pleased for them.

So mad that once again I'll be at work when they skate the FD, but best of luck to them!! I hope they have the performance they've been looking for this season. :)

semogal

Not the happy ending we were wishing and praying for but still incredibly proud of what Madison and Zach have accomplished this year. This is going to sting for a while but I have every confidence that they will use this experience to grow and come back next year even stronger. I'm thinking 2018 US National Ice Dance champs sounds wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information