Air Fryer Recommendation

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
It’s true though!! I know I get excited every I have something new and shiny to play with in my kitchen. A diamond ring? Darling, I’d rather have an air fryer!

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
We have a giant air fryer that looks like a spaceship. I love that thing. I've roasted a chicken in it, and it reminded me so much of Costco's yummy rotisserie chickens. It's blue, too, which makes it more fun (I'm into buying colorful appliances now). Anyway, we use it a lot and it's totally worth having if you ask me.

Jenny

From the Bloc
An air fryer is basically a small convection oven, I think. So a minimal amount of oil combines with hot air circulation to create a crisp exterior.
I wondered about this. We have a convection oven and get great results when roasting veggies inc potatoes especially, so I think I'll pass on an air fryer for now.

As for other appliances, to each his own. I have a crock pot that over the years is down to one use: chili. I have a mini crock pot that I like for hot dips or other warm appetizers. I had a food processor but gave it away as we never used it.

OTOH, my cheapo rice cooker was probably the best thing I've bought in years as we use it several times a month and the results are fabulous. Couldn't be easier, cleans like a dream. Also love love love my little egg cooker. Sure, I could boil them on the stove, same with rice, but why? After going through too many cheap blenders I finally broke down and bought a Vitamix, excellent investment for smoothies, cocktails and the occasional other use. Got an immersion blender thanks to FSU recommendations, and will never go back - nothing like it for soups and some sauces. And one thing I will never part with, appropriated from my mother who never used it, is her 70s era Moulinex multigrater - thing has an engine like a Rolls Royce and is the best for grating cheese as well as carrots and radishes. I broke the plunger for it years ago, lamented to a carpenter who happened to be working in our house at the time, so he replicated it in hardwood and I've been using that ever since. And I have a bright red stand mixer named Betty :)

skategal

Bunny mama
We love our air fryer.

I was skeptical too when my MIL gifted us one but it is a keeper. Complete game changer for how we cook.

We have done many things in it. Meats are excellent in it (chicken, pork chops, sausage).

Did baked potato yesterday and it was so good and cooked in half the time it normally would.

Haven’t tried cookies yet but will look up some recipes for sure.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
@skategal Baked potato in the air fryer? Now I gotta do that. How long did you cook them and on what temp? I love me some baked potatoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information